S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercept Changes *Update (1/16/17)

Comments

• adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Did all my clears of pve and didn't get any intercepts. Def not normal
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I did DDQ and 4-cleared everything on Deadpool vs MPQ today. I noticed about the same frequency of intercepts, certainly not none or significantly less that others have encountered. I did receive an elite token as a reward so everything seems up to date on my end.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Hi Brigby,

To clarify the intended effect of this change, and avoid the problem of too much anecdata cluttering the thread, it would be helpful if you could provide the following information:

1) What changes were made to the Shield Intercept appearance rate?

It sounds like it was increased in some way. Was that a flat increase to the rate of appearances? Or was it a change that front-loads Shield Intercept appearances somehow?

2) By session, do the developers mean the 24-hour period in which you can receive a maximum of 20 Shield Intercepts, or are they using that term in a different way?

This might seem pedantic, but the disconnect between developer lingo and player lingo has complicated things in the past, so I want to make sure that we understand what they mean. If session means play session, and it would be beneficial to space out our play time, that would be great to know. Seems unlikely, but just want to be sure.

3) Does this change increase the likelihood that a player will receive all 20 (or a larger number) of the available shield intercepts each day?

(This one's a little bit more in-depth, but it would be great for the number-crunchers to have) For a normal PvE day, there are a maximum number of nodes that can give Shield Intercepts (5 DDQ + 9 x 6 PvE node rewards = 59ish nodes, give or take a few wave nodes, crash nodes, or other one-time nodes). Some players will get all 20 Shield Intercepts, while other players will run out of node rewards before they get to 20. Does this change increase the likelihood that a player will get all 20 available Shield Intercepts in a given day?

If so, by how much? You don't need to provide the actual percentages on that. If you can give us information regarding the Shield Intercept appearance rate, there are a bunch of nerds who can figure out the rest.

You may not be able to get all of that information, but even some of it would be helpful, and would help people evaluate whether this change is positive or negative. My guess is that it was intended as a positive change, and if so, it would be nice to be able to see that more clearly.

Thanks!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Switched to my phone and got one right away... and just one after six or seven fights. Hopefully will get more later, but it does seem slightly more infrequent. Maybe if I start my cycle on my phone after my daily refresh later tonight it will be better.

It may just be anecdotal evidence, but it might be good to avoid the Amazon AppStore version for the time being.
  • Just had my first battle of the day in PvE and did not get an intercept, so I haven't received a single one since the update. Playing on a Kindle fire, are they no longer showing up on kindle devices?
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I sure hope this isn't the big change the developers announced that was supposed to make us super happy
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were recent changes to permissions such as location implemented for delivering targeted advertising?
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not getting any at all on my Fire tablet, worked fine before the update
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    DuckyV wrote:
    Unless you play on Steam. We get nothing. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
    You should just get them to move your account to mobile... oh yeah they don't do that either. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like the devs and their voice on the forum are ignoring the PC users' questions and complaints as usual. Just popping in to remind them that I said I'd stop putting any money into this game after it was implemented and have stuck to that promise, and the fact that they're plugging their ears and ignoring us just angers me.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. First and foremost, I want to apologize to Steam users for the unfortunate exclusion of Intercepts from their experience. As some have already mentioned, it is in fact due to the Steam platform that prevents us from being able to implement that feature.

When it comes to the various other questions that have been asked, I have compiled a couple of the more frequently asked questions and sent them off to the developers. I will update this post when I receive an answer. Thanks!
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    As some have already mentioned, it is in fact due to the Steam platform that prevents us from being able to implement that feature.
    Just make throught VIP like mobile version without ads. Buy VIP > Enable Function and problem solved icon_e_wink.gif
  • Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. First and foremost, I want to apologize to Steam users for the unfortunate exclusion of Intercepts from their experience. As some have already mentioned, it is in fact due to the Steam platform that prevents us from being able to implement that feature.

When it comes to the various other questions that have been asked, I have compiled a couple of the more frequently asked questions and sent them off to the developers. I will update this post when I receive an answer. Thanks!

What about those using Amazon platforms, any word? Seems like anyone using an Amazon device or at least downloaded the game through the Amazon AppStore has not seen a SHIELD Intercept since the update. Thanks.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

I hope one of the question is "Are there any plans to aid Steam users now that there's a clear and demonstrable reward imbalance between platforms?"
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:

as usual appreciate the communication, though again while they can't put in the exact system there still isn't a good reason they can't implement some other sort of system.

it's still silly that they are okay with some users having a huge advantage over other users even though they pit them all against each other.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Briggz, please note that this IS NOT just an "unfortunate exclusion of intercepts".

Steam users ALSO do not get Facebook Rewards. And they have been begging FOR YEARS, for some kind of pick me up, since they are down possibly tens of thousands of Iso, every single day.

Now, add all of the rewards that intercepts bring, that they ARE ALSO unable to receive, plus the one or two other issues that I'm blanking on right now, and hopefully the picture will become a lot clearer.

<3
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone seen a 250 ISO prize (iOS/Android) after the update? I played quite a few matches and never saw anything lower than 500 ISO. I also noticed more frequent intercepts - I played 25 or so total PvE matches today, and received 10 intercepts - it makes me wonder if they've gone to a flat 50% chance of an intercept for every PvE node after the 100% first one of the day.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Every time a change is announced the negative, uninformed, and even downright hateful comments immediately pop up .

Comments like these, for instance, are they really necessary?
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Like someone already said, this clearly FEELS like just another nerf.

Too many people getting the 1,000 Iso intercept? 250 Iso is added in and becomes the #1 most frequent reward.

Too many people getting the Heroic Token intercept ( with chance of a 4* ) ? Elite Tokens ( with NO chance of a 4* ) are added in.

*sigh
    Looking forward to 20 ISO making a comeback in a future Intercept update!
    Brigby clearly mentioned the frequency of intercepts is going up, and more intercepts awards are added, and while an Elite token may not be as nice as a Heroic token, it's better than 250 Iso-8.

I have the greatest respect for Brigby. He's doing his utter best to keep us informed, and all he keeps getting is flack from the community.

I disagree strongly bloody marvel, even though I do not entirely agree with the comments of TLC or Clyde.

Brigby's statement (which presumably just copied info received from the dev team) was better than nothing, but it was not at all clear. Will players get MORE intercepts? Or will get they more intercepts IN THE FIRST 5-10 MATCHES OF EACH DAY. Bridgby's initial statement doesn't say (though I think his clarification suggests the latter). We now know that we will get elite tokens (and apparently 500 iso rewards too) from intercepts, we don't know how elites were added to the tables. The odds of getting some other prizes much have changed, but we don't know how. As you say, elites are better than 250 iso. But they are also worse than 2k iso or 1cp.

(And thanks to Brigby for collecting and forwarding these questions (at least I assume these are the most frequent questions) to the dev team! I look forward to getting more information. )

Back on the topic of negative posts: You certainly don't have to like or agree with any snark on this board. But adding your own flames to the thread isn't going to make the conversation more constructive.

(and on a more subjective note, I would hardly describe either of the quotations you offered as hateful or uninformed. They are 'just' snarky.)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm having the same issue as before, so nothing's really changed for me.

when i play on wifi at home i rarely get them (maybe 1 per day). when i turn off wifi and play on cellular, they come through much more frequently (probably the expected rate).

however, when i play on work wifi, the rate is probably equal to the rate i get on cellular.

so, any tech wizzes out there have an explanation as to why i don't get any playing on my home wifi?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    In both initial clear and final grind of the final sub for Iso8, I got 0 intercepts at all. What the hell.