** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    RE: progressed into 3* chars.

Not really. I still run 2stars often: Wolverine, OBW, Ares. I have maxed out 2* Cap and Hawkeye, but don't use them unless they're buffed in an event.

I'm stuck at 79 w/ Spider-Man (1/4/3), 128 with GSBH (4/3/5), a 112 4* Wolverine (2/4/1 yay, worthless), 89 Hulk (5/2/2. My doom is 4/3 and lvl 77, and my patch is 1/3/3 at lvl 66.

I don't have a solid 3* group. Sorry man.
  • im boring always see obw you think nerf this char?

2 star but like a 3 star abilites
  • PegasusTR wrote:
    im boring always see obw you think nerf this char?

I hate it when people complain about one of the very few good characters in the game. Instead of being happy you can buIld a useful character in less than 2 months or $50, you complain it's boring... I certainly hope it's not nerfed at all.
  • My OBW sits at 5/3/5 and I haven't seen a blue cover in months. Should I splurge 1000 HP and respec her? Thanks!
  • sorcered wrote:
    My OBW sits at 5/3/5 and I haven't seen a blue cover in months. Should I splurge 1000 HP and respec her? Thanks!

Be glad you have the best form icon_e_smile.gif

Spending would be bad move even it it was actual improvement -- keep playing games in any pvp, covers drop like it's raining.
  • 3/5/5 >>>> Anything else. It's not even close.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    sorcered wrote:
    Spending would be bad move even it it was actual improvement -- keep playing games in any pvp, covers drop like it's raining.

Useless covers, yeah icon_e_smile.gif I got 3 purple ones so far, and a truckload of Storm / Cap Am / Ares / Thor covers (those being the "perfectly specced" covers I have). It's like the game is pushing me towards spending HP to level up by denying me the exact covers I need icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • sorcered wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    sorcered wrote:

Useless covers, yeah icon_e_smile.gif I got 3 purple ones so far, and a truckload of Storm / Cap Am / Ares / Thor covers (those being the "perfectly specced" covers I have). It's like the game is pushing me towards spending HP to level up by denying me the exact covers I need icon_e_biggrin.gif

Watch it: if you happen to max her with HP the very next ** drop will be that very cover.

But it's your money, you can burn it any way yo like including to throw it at this "let the fool part with this money" stinkhole. Just then be honest about it and not coming back whining how bad a deal you made as the usual turnout.

In the meantime you could compile a short list of differences that you get with reshaping, put them in the game terms and realize the lack of practical benefit beyond illusions.
  • mimio
    mimio Posts: 9
    This character needs to be nerfed. Period. It's ridiculous that I have to target this "flimsy" 2* over any other 3*. A bad cascade (defined as 2 or 3 purple matches or 4-/5- that let opponents have 8~11 purple AP) would let her to use AR to steal my AP, those boost AP that I buy with ISO, as well as fuel other char so fast the next 2 turns will see my team heavily injured or dead. In what universe would a 2* take precedence over any other 3*/4*? Pls increase the AR cost or something!

TL;DR (just in case), char is too OP for a 2*. Nerf pls.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Clever strategy, go AP-boosted against AP-stealers. How about boosting your damage instead? icon_rolleyes.gif
    oBW/Hood are perfectly balanced by their pitiful health points, why do you think all 3*s brag about targeting oBW teams? Easy snacks, that's why.
  • mimio
    mimio Posts: 9
    You see me complaining about the Hood...where? I'm talking about an OP 2* here. So.............. The point of having OBW in game is to encourage players NOT use boosts in pvp, EVER? And did I said BAD cascades? Can happen anytime, regardless of my damage. I lost to OBW with lvl141 punisher+ lv141 GSBW countless time due to this single factor. No other 2* character frustrates me so. Even some 3* cant wipe my team like that.

And again, the point is, SHE IS A 2* FOR GOD'S SAKE. The fact that she's even COMPARABLE to the Hood makes her OP.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Of course she's comparable to Hood, they are both primarily AP stealers.

Any semi-decent character can wipe you out if they get cascades, not just oBW. oBW has no offensive power of her own, she relies on teammates and their strike tiles/damage abilities. Have a longer time playing and in a few weeks you will be laughing at your old self that used to have problems against oBW. Yes, GSBW is weakish against oBW, don't act surprised, there are 20 3*s or more, no wonder that the best 2* is better than many of them or at least can hold her own against 3*s. Not oBW's fault. Frankly at 3115 HP you should just leave her alone and rather look at really OP characters: Sentry, LT, etc. Enjoy the time you actually fight oBW teams and not maxed Daken/Sentry/Hulk/LT/Hood.

The point about boosts was that if you opt to boost against oBW at all, you should boost your damage instead of AP (unless you have a quick burst attack that requires little AP).
  • I guess the only argument against OBW is she has the cascade potential of a 3*. A cascade into an AR is probably going to lead, indirectly, to more damage taken then a comparable number of AP to another 2* hero ASSUMING the enemy has a decent spread of AP to steal. Having said that, she is easier to deny than a lot of other heroes with only 1 colour you REALLY need to worry about (purple) since you will focus one target so her blue is less of an issue than it is for the ai when a player uses it to heal all 3 heroes who've been damaged.

Comparing that to a 2* Thor with 3 dangerous colours due to mechanics or an Ares with 2 dangerous colours due to raw damage and you're only really at risk of pain from OBW with a cascade whereas some of the damaging heroes will get their abilities off eventually....

The only issue i've ever had with her balance wise is espionage stealing purple but even that's not a massive deal. People have a misconception she's totally OP because she's used so much. In reality it's the, now complete (post spidey nerf) lack of alternatives for the job she does in PvP that makes her so popular. If they DO **** prologue healing then prepare to see even more of her icon_e_smile.gif.
  • locked wrote:
    Clever strategy, go AP-boosted against AP-stealers. How about boosting your damage instead? icon_rolleyes.gif
    oBW/Hood are perfectly balanced by their pitiful health points, why do you think all 3*s brag about targeting oBW teams? Easy snacks, that's why.

Yeah, that TL;DR should have be something like "I'm waaay to stupid for my shoes therefore OBW *must* be nerfed". icon_e_sad.gif
  • sorcered wrote:
    PegasusTR wrote:

I hate it when people complain about one of the very few good characters in the game. Instead of being happy you can buIld a useful character in less than 2 months or $50, you complain it's boring... I certainly hope it's not nerfed at all.

me too but thor , wolvie and spidey nerf and obw still same abilities and not fair who is next nerf cmags red abilitiy?
  • PegasusTR wrote:
    sorcered wrote:
    PegasusTR wrote:

me too but thor , wolvie and spidey nerf and obw still same abilities and not fair who is next nerf cmags red abilitiy?

I've got bad news for you... the answer to your question is YES... C.Mags is getting the treatment next and they will indeed be nerfing his red ability...
  • Soooo I don't know if this has happened to any one else but it literally just happened to me and it'll totally sound made up but you'll just have to take my word for it.

On turn one I got an L shape resulting in an extra turn, with the critical tile in play I got a row of 5 resulting in another extra turn, followed by a regular 3 match. Immediately following my turn the enemy OBW used AR. -8 purple AP. Which sounds absolutely impossible since they AI had not even taken a full turn yet. So I'm more astonished than anything really lol. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?
  • I have been told it is not possible but I swear I have had AI powers activate on turn zero as well.
  • I have experienced it but Ive never been able to provide anything more than anecdotal evidence. I'm like 'wait a minute... i just started'.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where be the turn 0 CMag Purple?
This discussion has been closed.