** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Options

Comments

• pumkin wrote:
    If anyone has OBW and Storm Classic both at max level, what happens when you match blue? I´m considering maxing Stormclassic but since it´s mainly for her blue I´d like to take advantage of Espionage. They both have blue at strength 45.
    I have both CStorm and OBW maxed. When paired, OBW makes the blue matches.

Between two characters at the same level, with the same strength, their position in the lineup determines the attacker. I think it's center, left, right, but I may be mistaken.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    My Black Widow is 3-3-1 and I pretend to land between 46-75 in these two rounds of the Divine tournament because my Punisher is 5-3-4, so she will be at 3-5-3 with 2 purple covers waiting.

Now I have 1175 HP, should I use 1000 to level up her black to 5, wait till I get the 2 remaining blacks from some other tournament and heroic tokens or just leave it at 3 and use the purple covers to max her?

Im almost sold on invest the HP, but when I face her she gives me no trouble ... really worth the 1000 HP on offence?

My most used team is 85 Thor, 85 Wolverine and whatever ... how original !!
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    My Black Widow is 3-3-1 and I pretend to land between 46-75 in these two rounds of the Divine tournament because my Punisher is 5-3-4, so she will be at 3-5-3 with 2 purple covers waiting.

Now I have 1175 HP, should I use 1000 to level up her black to 5, wait till I get the 2 remaining blacks from some other tournament and heroic tokens or just leave it at 3 and use the purple covers to max her?

Im almost sold on invest the HP, but when I face her she gives me no trouble ... really worth the 1000 HP on offence?

Having a level 85 OBW at 5/5/3, I think she would be more useful if her purple skill was at 3, because it gets more expensive to use as you level up the skill.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Kikujiro wrote:

Having a level 85 OBW at 5/5/3, I think she would be more useful if her purple skill was at 3, because it gets more expensive to use as you level up the skill.
    Yeah, I'm building a 2nd one, more for the high purple cost than the espionage extra damage
  • lazyhex wrote:
    ok so i guess i kinda screw up building my OBW. Currently stands at 4/4/4. Any suggestion where the 5 to be at?

There really isn't a choice. 5/4/4 it is.

No point leave purple at lvl4 if you can get to lvl5.
    Steal 4 ap saved me countless times. Especially when u
    fight against venom, (mn)mag, cmag and black widow1*, 2* and 3*.

Lvl5 in blue and black is a real marginal upgrade.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    lazyhex wrote:
    ok so i guess i kinda screw up building my OBW. Currently stands at 4/4/4. Any suggestion where the 5 to be at?

I disagree. I'd level her Blue, personally. Making the purple more expensive just hurts.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Last night I gave it a try farming the lasts missions from prologue and Im loving her at 3-3-1. Also my team got crushed out of nowhere by a Wolv+Widow+Storm vs my 85 Thor, 85 Wolv, 65 Ares in the Divine tournament.

So yeah, given that both of you regret the 5 purple investment, Im gonna pay 1000 HP for the black covers and max level her in the next PvE event. Anyway I'll take the bait and waste it in the daily 100 HP Bag Man token.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    xinyucao wrote:
    lazyhex wrote:

I disagree. I'd level her Blue, personally. Making the purple more expensive just hurts.

I'm not so sure. Of all of the levels of Recon, I think 4 is the worst. 1 extra AP to steal purple back is a huge upgrade from there. I can't say I care too much about the level 5 blue upgrade, except for the fact that it heals a little more.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Id say it depends on what ud like to actually use her for:
    5 Blue: u always heal, even with countdown tiles. So it's really great for hammers etc.

5 purple: stealing loads of ap which is awesome as well.

Just dun put into black, that would gain u nothing icon_e_smile.gif
  • nihilium wrote:
    Id say it depends on what is like to actually use her for:
    5 Blue: u always heal, even with countdown tiles. So it's really great for hammers etc.

No, you want at least 4 black for dmg on espionage. Even if it was 1 damage it would be worth it as it stacks with any strike tiles your team has. Typically people go 5 black because 4 purple is terrible. I guess an alternative would be 5/4/4 if you really wanted to max purple, but people typically say 2 purple is the best, so 3/5/5 is a good build if you want to max her level.
  • 3/5/5 is probably the best overall build.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Elicious80 wrote:
    nihilium wrote:
    Id say it depends on what is like to actually use her for:

No, you want at least 4 black for dmg on espionage. Even if it was 1 damage it would be worth it as it stacks with any strike tiles your team has. Typically people go 5 black because 4 purple is terrible. I guess an alternative would be 5/4/4 if you really wanted to max purple, but people typically say 2 purple is the best, so 3/5/5 is a good build if you want to max her level.

Plox read posts above, the question was what to do with an already 4/4/4 widow ^^""
  • I dont know why but Obw costume reminds me of Zatanna from dc o.O .
  • jozier wrote:
    3/5/5 is probably the best overall build.

Given that, I really really really wish the easiest OBW cover to get in the recent tourneys were anything other than purple... icon_mad.gif
  • nihilium wrote:
    Id say it depends on what ud like to actually use her for:

Lvl5 only heal half the normal amount. Otherwise it is a big upgrade. Her heal is weak, half of it really too marginal to be useful.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Lvl5 only heal half the normal amount.

Incorrect. It heals half if there is an enemy countdown tile. In that circumstance, rank 1-4 would heal zero. If no enemy countdown tiles, all ranks heal the full amount.
  • I personally have to say, rank 5 of purple is not as useful as people think.

At rank 5, it steals a lot more, slowing your opponent even more, but at the same, you slow down yourself. Instead of casting immediately at 8, you have to wait for another match.

But on the other hand, if you do steal purple at rank 5, the subsequent uses will be faster.

If you're just trying to slow down, lock down your opponent, rank 3 is faster for that purpose imho.
  • Yeah, I regret that I leveled her 5/5/3, should have gone 3/5/5 instead. At level 5 her purple just takes too long to activate and the benefits are not good enough to justify the wait. Since I don't trust the devs to give us respec possibility soon enough I already began to build her from a scratch (going 1/0/3 at the moment) and left my current 5/5/3 OBW at level 52. Can't ditch her either yet, since she's slightly buffed currently and she's my main healer since my Spidey is still too squishy.
  • 355 all the way.

You need a hero which is fast.

What You want is to control the field just from the beginning. With boosts it needs only 1 purple match. Then You can focus on the abilities dealing dmg, keeping her steal for a crucial moment.

What You also want is her being useful in defence. With cascades, AI can pretty easily obtain 8purple needed and the player ends up with a lot of AP lost. AP lost = longer fight. Thus You are becoming a bit of an annoyance and the chance that You'll be skipped raises.
  • My OBW is a 5/5/3 obviously not a top build.
    I find myself wishing I had done a 5/4/4. I quite enjoy pink (I know it's supposedly purple, idc, it's pink) at lvl 5. Blue at lvl 5 has not helped me in the least and I feel very hindered not having at least 4 in black.
This discussion has been closed.