MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2017 Edition *Updated (1/24/17)

Comments

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I'm starting to wonder if 3* Strange is even in my Heroic tokens. After buying 3 covers to get him maxed I've so far only gotten 1 champ level for him, and that was bought in this weeks Cyclops vault!

I got one. Of course it was another purple when I already had 2 of those and nothing else icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm starting to wonder if 3* Strange is even in my Heroic tokens. After buying 3 covers to get him maxed I've so far only gotten 1 champ level for him, and that was bought in this weeks Cyclops vault!
    It's have three covers so far, all from tokens since I wasn't playing during Strange's release.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bummer to see Cage and Blade get skipped.

I understand they are "newer". D3, you know how to make folks not upset that you run "newer" clashes they may not have covered -AND- make folks not upset by not skipping those newer clashes?

RUN CLASH EVERY DAY.

You have more 4*'s than 3*'s, and you give out a 3* every day. Why not give out a (chance) of a 4* every day as well?!?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Bummer to see Cage and Blade get skipped.

I understand they are "newer". D3, you know how to make folks not upset that you run "newer" clashes they may not have covered -AND- make folks not upset by not skipping those newer clashes?

RUN CLASH EVERY DAY.

You have more 4*'s than 3*'s, and you give out a 3* every day. Why not give out a (chance) of a 4* every day as well?!?

They do give you that chance with a chance to pull them from tokens, and placement rewards, and they even guarantee you'll get regular 4* covers from CP, PvE & PvP progression in SCL 7 & 8, and 3* champion rewards.

4* covers should be more difficult to get than 3* covers, even if there are more 4* characters than 3* characters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't really see them giving out a legendary token every day. I could see a Daily Crash that rewards 5 CP though - it adds up to a Latest Legends every five Days just like it is now.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I don't see Devs doing Crash every day, but they can certainly do it twice every cycle!

It would be cool if it was, one like we have now, and then the other one can be one 270 level - 5 against a particular affiliation (like Thanos Crash was). This would be really cool, and two LTs every 5 days is obviously better than one, but it would still be less than the number of 3s we get. So it would be perfect for everyone icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    It's have three covers so far, all from tokens since I wasn't playing during Strange's release.
    I questioned as well but i've gotten Strange from elite and standard (not sure about heroics to be honest)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I can't really see them giving out a legendary token every day. I could see a Daily Crash that rewards 5 CP though - it adds up to a Latest Legends every five Days just like it is now.

Plus it would give us 10 more XP a day.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be happy to see two crashes per cycle. Maybe leave one as is, and have the other be crash of the mad titan style, where you can pick your character from a faction. They could change it up so Thanos wasn't always the opponent, though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think more than what they have now is warranted but an LT every day probably too much. I think changing that over to CP is a great idea, then they could up it to 8 or 10 or 12 as necessary. personally I think 10 cp on a daily crash would be perfect.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think more than what they have now is warranted but an LT every day probably too much. I think changing that over to CP is a great idea, then they could up it to 8 or 10 or 12 as necessary. personally I think 10 cp on a daily crash would be perfect.

It could also be iso for the other four days and I'd be totally ok with that. 3k? 4k?
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Maybe a Thanos style limited character Crash, worth 5CP for 4 days of the cycle and the regular Crash the final day. That way players might be able to pick up a *4/*5 each cycle even if their main Crash character has no chance of winning.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

Of course he isn't in Heroic Tokens. Doctor Strange is a 3* and 3*s aren't in those low rent trash 2* Heroic Tokens. Nothing is in Heroic Tokens but 2*s. I've pulled two Doctor Strange covers form Elites though. There's a good token for you. Elite tokens are alright.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I questioned as well but i've gotten Strange from elite and standard (not sure about heroics to be honest)

I've gotten most of strange's covers from elite tokens and standard tokens I was lucky because I saved tokens for 6 weeks I had over 400 combined it was fun opening does tokens
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Boy, just 6 months ago it would have been a nightmare to sort through all that and sell the trash. What a massive QOL improvement sorting by star level was.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? You've been updating this post on Mondays usually with the weekly buffs for the next week. If we could get that today, that would be awesome. Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby, can we get an update to this today? You've been updating this post on Mondays usually with the weekly buffs for the next week. If we could get that today, that would be awesome. Thanks!
    Sorry for the delay. I originally wanted to update it yesterday, but there are a few details I still need to iron out before adding new content to it today.

Thanks for being patient!
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Is it possible to update the upcoming events a little further in the distance? It seams like we're not getting the next event until a day or two in advance. A little more warning would be nice.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    No updates as undoubtedly after the Storm tournament there will be an IronHeart tournament and they like to keep the name of it secret as they believe we care deeply about the clever pun that will name the tournament.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    freakygeek wrote:
    No updates as undoubtedly after the Storm tournament there will be an IronHeart tournament and they like to keep the name of it secret as they believe we care deeply about the clever pun that will name the tournament.

But that was already disclosed in the Marvel article for Riri's debut.
    Riri’s upcoming Versus Event will be called Flight Test.