MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2017 Edition *Updated (1/24/17)

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Stealth buff to 3* Thanos black? (Much needed btw so not complaining)
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I can't wait being beaten up by multiple Carnage & Red Hulk teams in "Nefarious Foes". icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    More Dark Avengers? It's been nothing but since near the start of December, even the ddq today is throwing up dark avengers, can they not have a holiday or something already
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Beastwood wrote:
    More Dark Avengers? It's been nothing but since near the start of December, even the ddq today is throwing up dark avengers, can they not have a holiday or something already

They tried having a company picnic that one time...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *(1/6/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies

Combined Arms with IM40 broken - wow the timing - Demi really like to create chaos out of a mistake don't they

On that same notion though a heroic with all dark avenger (except daken) broken too. Fair trade off if you ask me. Finally a heroic where the advantage is too the players
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(1/9/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

Any news on the buffed characters going into effect for the new season?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    RoboDuck wrote:
    @Brigby

Any news on the buffed characters going into effect for the new season?
    Yes! I just received an email a few minutes ago regarding the character update for the new Soul Gem Season. I'm formatting that post as we speak. icon_e_smile.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops & X23 buffed together? Yes please and thank you.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the PVE update! It's good to know which characters you get as placement reward.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome, Moon Knight is not being skipped! Eager to see how my 1/3/4 Marc does (and hopefully I'll get more covers for him by the time he comes around)
    Moon Knight should be awesome in the Crash as long as you have plenty of green covers.
    I'm a little surprised Sentry is essential in Meet Rocket and Groot, but I suppose we May see more heroes/villains mix in the essential nodes.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Awesome, Moon Knight is not being skipped! Eager to see how my 1/3/4 Marc does (and hopefully I'll get more covers for him by the time he comes around)
    Moon Knight should be awesome in the Crash as long as you have plenty of green covers.
    I'm a little surprised Sentry is essential in Meet Rocket and Groot, but I suppose we May see more heroes/villains mix in the essential nodes.
    To be fair Meet Rocket and Groot is probably the story event with the least Dark Avengers (at least besides Prodigal Sun)
    I'm more intrigued by the fact that my top 2 4 Stars (X-23 and Cyclops) are Powered up and all of the Powered up 3's (besides Sentry) are Champions on my roster
    Should make for some interesting scaling though
  • Quebbster
    To be fair Meet Rocket and Groot is probably the story event with the least Dark Avengers (at least besides Prodigal Sun)
    I don't Think Enemy of the State has any Dark Avengers, nor does Hearts of Darkness. The real Point is that I don't Think we have ever had a mix of hero and villain essential characters in a story event that wasn't Deadpool vs MPQ, Simulator, Gauntlet or Prodigal Sun.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I don't Think Enemy of the State has any Dark Avengers, nor does Hearts of Darkness. The real Point is that I don't Think we have ever had a mix of hero and villain essential characters in a story event that wasn't Deadpool vs MPQ, Simulator, Gauntlet or Prodigal Sun.
    well HoD has that one node in Mephisto's realm..
    to be fair Sentry is a villain who thinks he's a hero...kind of like Eddie Brock
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm assuming we'll see it more going forward with the changes to the character restrictions based on opponents.
  • Quebbster
    gravel wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm assuming we'll see it more going forward with the changes to the character restrictions based on opponents.
    Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too. Considering how rare villain cover rewards have been I Think it's a good thing.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Meet rocket and Groot was done fairly recently wasn't it?
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    so red hulk is still boosted even in the off season events. Sweet!
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Meet rocket and Groot was done fairly recently wasn't it?
    Last run was 2 months ago. November 13-17.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nefarious Foes giving new Carol covers for placement kind of sucks right? Have we ever had non-featured PvP give out covers for a brand new character?