MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2017 Edition *Updated (1/24/17)

Options

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Nefarious Foes giving new Carol covers for placement kind of sucks right? Have we ever had non-featured PvP give out covers for a brand new character?
    It's pretty rare that a new character PVP is the first event of the season but it's happened a couple times.

Last time it happened was Earth's Mightiest, running 6/1 - 6/4/2016. First place got a red cover for War Machine (which was followed by his release PVP).

Time before that was Nefarious Foes, running 12/15 - 12/18/2015. 1st place got one green cover for Totally Awesome Hulk (next PVP was his release one).

Now look at how "spoiled" we are with SCL 7 & 8, where the Top 5 in each get new 4* covers.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

I was hoping to get this updated before the weekend but we are still waiting for some info so we will be sure to have this updated by Monday. I apologize for the delay.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hi Everyone -

I was hoping to get this updated before the weekend but we are still waiting for some info so we will be sure to have this updated by Monday. I apologize for the delay.

Where's Brigby? Or are you the weekend guy?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hi Everyone -

Where's Brigby? Or are you the weekend guy?
    Here I am, back with another update: *(1/16/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs

LakeStone is another member of our community team. He takes care more of the behind-the-scenes kind of stuff. You might see him in the forum every now and then with an announcement (or if I'm out of the office), but most of the time you'll see me, because I handle most of the community-facing details.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    (1/19/17 - 1/26/17) *New Update*
    4-Star: Jean Grey (All-New X-Men). Kate Bishop, Mr. Fantastic, Star-Lord, The Thing
    3-Star: Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Daken (Classic), Iron Fist, Magneto (Classic), Scarlet Witch

Oh boy oh boy! PVE will be a breeze! The 3* boosted list is really good overall.. alittle too good. 4* too.. except Mr. Fantastic.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When this thread is telling us only 1 thing we can't see by opening up the game (the boosted characters for next week) does it really still deserve the name Sneak Peek?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    When this thread is telling us only 1 thing we can't see by opening up the game (the boosted characters for next week) does it really still deserve the name Sneak Peek?
    There's still that 1 thing, right? icon_e_wink.gif

In all seriousness though, I'm waiting for tomorrow to get the green light to post additional content, because some of the info coming up is a bit too revealing to be considered a mere sneak peek if I posted it today. Having said that though, I suppose I can include the next PvP event since it doesn't technically reveal anything
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

In all seriousness though, I'm waiting for tomorrow to get the green light to post additional content, because some of the info coming up is a bit too revealing to be considered a mere sneak peek if I posted it today. Having said that though, I suppose I can include the next PvP event since it doesn't technically reveal anything

That makes me think Strange Sights is the next PvE event.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

Can you tell us MoonKnight's opponent for tomorrow? I don't want to wait icon_e_wink.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    For me, sometimes it is easier to check the forum then launch the app. On my phone it takes a minute just to get past all the loading.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

I appreciate as much lead time as possible when it comes to PVP events, to keep the Season posts I do updated.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time Sharp Dressed has run since I maxed my OML. Guess I have to find Another running mate for Phoenix. Variety is the spice of Life. Cyclops should do fine.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any word of a gauntlet run for pve? Feels like its been a while since we've had one.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any word of a gauntlet run for pve? Feels like its been a while since we've had one.

Last run was September. Currently the PVE event with the second longest time since last run (Webbed Wonder being the longest. Excluding Boss Events. All details here in the Compendium.

It's been on average run every 2-3 months, so we're about due for another run.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just want to say I like the detailed format of the sneak peaks, Brigby. Thanks a lot for the great work, keep it up!
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

You big tease you icon_e_smile.gif

I'm now going to be checking this thread on the hour every hour for whatever it could be that would have potentially been more than a mere sneak peak
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:

You big tease you icon_e_smile.gif

I'm now going to be checking this thread on the hour every hour for whatever it could be that would have potentially been more than a mere sneak peak

Time to have some fun playing the guessing game!

New PVE Event? New Character release? New Clearance Levels? What's next?

Seems too early for a GotG 2 event. Also seems too early for the Netflix IF & Defenders series.

I'm guessing CL9 with a new character. the 19th would be 2 weeks from icon_caroldanvers.png release, so that lines up. And with Brigby's coyness, it seems more than just that. Any other guesses?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any other guesses?
    A feature the devs think will totally blow us away and will leave most of us indifferent.

SCNR.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is a Strange Sights rerun rewarding Baron Mordo covers. With the DVD release imminent it seems like perfect timing.
    Since I missed the first run I really hope this is the case.
    New characters needs to be revealed elsewhere due to exclusivity arrangements. I'd love to see some brand new features too though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so...sharp dressed with be what...80% cyke/x23? at my mmr it will anyway.