MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2017 Edition *Updated (1/24/17)

Options

Comments

• drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    so...sharp dressed with be what...80% cyke/x23? at my mmr it will anyway.

That's what I'll be running. Hate having to go back to actually using healthpacks during a PVP climb, but that's what Tacos are for.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RiRi Ironfart
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New release with an old content event, good times.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(1/17/17) Brigby - Updated Story events, and added link to article on new Ironheart
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby,

Any chance that this Ironheart announcement is NOT the secret you didn't want to spoil, and we will be getting that long-awaited new gameplay mode (or anything else)?

Basically, should we be looking forward to anything new, other than characters, and can you give any sort of time frame?

Thank you!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    Brigby,

Any chance that this Ironheart announcement is NOT the secret you didn't want to spoil, and we will be getting that long-awaited new gameplay mode (or anything else)?

Basically, should we be looking forward to anything new, other than characters, and can you give any sort of time frame?

Thank you!

Brigby was likely referring to Ironheart. The Sneak Peak posts normally only show the monthly events and new characters. It rarely gives us details on new gameplay modes. If there was a new gameplay feature or change it would be a separate post. I am hoping something comes around for Deadpool's Anniversary.. perhaps a permanent Crash of the Mad Titan type of event/node.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Peej13 wrote:
    Brigby,

Thank you!
    This Ironheart announcement was in fact the secret that I didn't want to spoil until the Marvel interview was posted. Having said that though, other than characters, there is new content anticipated to be coming in the future.

I unfortunately do not have much information available to reveal at this moment though, including any sort of a time frame. Considering it's still in the design process, this news is subject to change, so please keep that in mind.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks, Brigby.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby, did you and the devs take notice of the poll of wanted features/improvements to the game? (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56985)

I think you can see a lot of participants (many hundred) really want focus on improvements OTHER than constant new characters. We know thats where you get your mones, but we all are starved for much needed improvements.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv wrote:
    Brigby, did you and the devs take notice of the poll of wanted features/improvements to the game? (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56985)

I think you can see a lot of participants (many hundred) really want focus on improvements OTHER than constant new characters. We know thats where you get your mones, but we all are starved for much needed improvements.

While I would also like to see things other than new characters, I think it's worth considering that it might not be possible for them to make that kind of shift. The people working on which characters to include and art and gameplay and numbers and getting approval from Marvel and all that jazz don't magically have the ability to code the new features we want just because we want them to.

I agree that the health and longevity of this game needs some more work in numerous areas, but reducing character releases doesn't magically free up resources to make that happen, either.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I feel like everytime a new character comes out I fall behind in the game
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    (1/19/17 - 1/26/17)
    4-Star: Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Kate Bishop, Mr. Fantastic, Star-Lord, The Thing
    3-Star: Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Daken (Classic), Iron Fist, Magneto (Classic), Scarlet Witch
    2-Star: Storm (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    1-Star: Iron Man (Model 35), Spider-Man (Original)
    Well, stomping PvE should be easier than usual this week. Outside of Strange's boosted Yellow murdering goons, this is pretty close to ideal in 3-Star land. Thanks!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ezrius wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    (1/19/17 - 1/26/17)
    4-Star: Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Kate Bishop, Mr. Fantastic, Star-Lord, The Thing
    3-Star: Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Daken (Classic), Iron Fist, Magneto (Classic), Scarlet Witch
    2-Star: Storm (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    1-Star: Iron Man (Model 35), Spider-Man (Original)
    Well, stomping PvE should be easier than usual this week. Outside of Strange's boosted Yellow murdering goons, this is pretty close to ideal in 3-Star land. Thanks!
    All of the Boosted 3's and 2's are Champions for me plus Kate Bishop is 5/4/1 level 156
    with IM40 fixed arrows will fly and the House of M will be back in business
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(1/20/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even if i get Riri late Max Progression should be easy enough since i do 4 clears on wave nodes, but the Hood vs Hood action will likely get annoying
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hearts of Darkness (1/23/17) *New Update*
      Featured Characters 4-Star: Ironheart (Riri Williams) 3-Star: The Hood 2-Star: Daken (Dark Avengers)

The Hood vs The Hood gonna be amusing for HoD.

Wonder how long D3 has been waiting to remove the enemy character restrictions. It's like 4 events in a row with villain essential at 3* level.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dr Strange again before Thanos on Deadpool Daily? Well, I do need more champ levels on him, so okay.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Dr Strange again before Thanos on Deadpool Daily? Well, I do need more champ levels on him, so okay.
    New characters are inserted at the end of the DDQ cycle, so I fully expected Strange to reappear before Thanos. It will be my first yellow Strange and thirteenth Thanos cover, so I am looking forward to this.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm starting to wonder if 3* Strange is even in my Heroic tokens. After buying 3 covers to get him maxed I've so far only gotten 1 champ level for him, and that was bought in this weeks Cyclops vault!