Known Issue: The Hulk (Bruce Banner) Crash *Updated (1/4)

Options

Comments

• Mercalla
    Options
    The strangest thing is that it's actually a smart move to be throwing tokens out left and right for bugs and inconvenience issues. It makes players excited to open their game to see if there is another random present. It also would entice many players to spend a little money to try and work over a vault that free tokens made the odds of getting that 4* or LT better. It's what happened to me in the anniversary event, emptied the vault twice!! My wife still hasn't forgiven me and I have about 9 months to earn that trust back till the next anniv. event icon_e_biggrin.gif .

I don't see any downside to escalating free tokens, anyone have a reason why they wouldn't do something like that? Must be something negative for the company for it to become such an issue that we rarely see freebies (approx. once every 2 months?) It's all just digital coding, so no tangible liability like raw materials to make a physical item.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I apologize for any sort of confusion that has arisen due to this process.

In the hopes of alleviating any concerns, I have reached out to the development team to discuss if there is any course of action that can be applied due to the discrepancy between the MOTD requirements to acquire the token and the requirements that were applied.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Brigby. I for one didn't use him BECAUSE of the information I got from the forums. icon_e_confused.gif
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That sounds so reasonable, unfortunately CS does not agree. There used to be a time when CS gave away iso and hp and tokens for server issues and scaling issues, etc. But those times are past. They stick to their guns now with pretty much no compensation no matter the circumstance.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    blinktag wrote:
    I'm sure this has been addressed in another thread, but that's not what the in-game pop-up said would happen. Nor does it compensate those who knew of the bug (via forums) and didn't use Banner because of the bug.

I didn't use Banner because of the forums thread and the communications, although I do use him reasonably often. I contacted CS about the change in how they awarded compensation and they just said thanks for the feedback.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I brought up this topic with the developers today during our meeting, and we have come to a conclusion that should help alleviate these concerns.

During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match with him during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

Since the Naughty or Nice vault is no longer available, an equivalent token of appreciation will be provided that can be used on any of the currently available vaults.

*Added more specifics
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I brought up this topic with the developers today during our meeting, and we have come to a conclusion that should help alleviate these concerns.

During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

Since the Naughty or Nice vault is no longer available, an equivalent token of appreciation will be provided that can be used on any of the currently available vaults.

Is this did not play a match at all or did not play a match with Banner?
    Have the tokens already been sent out?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

I am sure it will be an Elite token icon_lol.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks brigs!
    I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time demiurge are going to throw you to the wolves. icon_cry.gif
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So they put it back on us to do the work if you wanna get your compensation lol. Touche.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match with him during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

*Added more specifics

Brigby, I put in a ticket a while ago and customer service has been quite insistent they aren't going to do anything, to the point of telling me today they wouldn't respond to future inquiries. So...do I sit back and wait or re-open the ticket?
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The naughty or nice vault had significantly better odds for rewards than any of the normal vaults, so this is far from a suitable substitution even before you get to the part about having to jump through customer service hoops to get even that.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Is this did not play a match at all or did not play a match with Banner?
    Have the tokens already been sent out?
    I have added more specifics to that post. If you had played a match with Banner, then the token should have already been sent out. If you had not played a match with Banner, then you'll want to submit a support ticket. (Or wait for follow up from CS if you already submitted one previously)
    I'd argue it's better than an elite token icon_e_wink.gif
    DFiPL wrote:
    Brigby, I put in a ticket a while ago and customer service has been quite insistent they aren't going to do anything, to the point of telling me today they wouldn't respond to future inquiries. So...do I sit back and wait or re-open the ticket?
    Don't worry. I've asked them to re-visit previous tickets regarding this issue as well, so please give them time to go through past inquiries. Thanks!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Don't worry. I've asked them to re-visit previous tickets regarding this issue as well, so please give them time to go through past inquiries. Thanks!

Thank you, sir!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Anything is better than 'too bad so sad'. I wouldn't even mind if they gave elites all the time as long as it was 2-3 of them and they gave them out for every one of the last listed bugs (double iso in Dino PvP, Boss Rush, Galactus, etc etc etc etc).
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

*Added more specifics

Thank you for your assistance and follow up.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

*Added more specifics

Thank you for this.

How long should I/we wait if we've already submitted a ticket before reopening/submitting another ?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, if we have the purple cover and did not play with Banner during the bug we have to submit a CS ticket now, unlike before where CS just new who to give the compensation to?

OK, here it goes. I expected to get my compensation in about a week after some template responses from CS.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got some "Sorry for the bugs during the Galactus Hungers event", was that this?
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that is compensation for the bug where you would beat a side pin node and the galactus boss fight wouldn't unlock
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    ...During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match with him during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

Since the Naughty or Nice vault is no longer available, an equivalent token of appreciation will be provided that can be used on any of the currently available vaults...
    Thank you Brigby. I have opened a ticket.

icon_e_smile.gif