Known Issue: The Hulk (Bruce Banner) Crash *Updated (1/4)

BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,763 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey everyone,

The team is aware of a crash that occurs when 5-Star The Hulk transforms due to his purple ability, The Other Guy. This crash will be fixed in the upcoming patch R116, however to avoid further issues, this ability will be disabled in the meantime. It will be re-enabled in the R116 patch.

Players with 5-Star The Hulk rostered with a power level in The Other Guy, that have played a match with him, will receive a token of our appreciation once the fix has been implemented. All of this information can also be seen in the Message of the Day upon logging into the game.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you for being patient.

Edit: Added update
Edit 2: Added update (12/23/16)


*New Update:
During the crash duration, if you were a player that owned 5-Star The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with at least 1 cover/point/level in his purple ability, The Other Guy, and did not play a match with him during that period of time, please send in a support ticket asking for the token of appreciation. (If you have already sent in a support ticket recently, no need to send in another one. Customer Support will follow up with you.)

Since the Naughty or Nice vault is no longer available, an equivalent token of appreciation will be provided that can be used on any of the currently available vaults.
«1345

Comments

  • zonatahuntzonatahunt Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    This compensatory gift is one-sided and not necessarily fair. Quite a few of us that we're playing a match AGAINST a Banner were also affected by this bug. My game crashed, I lost PvP points and rank. You need to consider all those affected, not only those with a rostered Banner with a purple cover. This is a near-sighted and biased compensation.
  • Lew22Lew22 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2
    As soon as my Banner's purple was disabled, my 5* Doctor Strange lost the passive part of the yellow ability. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Marty17Marty17 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Does that mean you're gonna remove his 3rd ability until a new one can replace it?

    Also the comensation isn't just another (random) token draw rate? I'd would prefer as a one off a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hulk.png cover once the green guy is fixed.
  • alphabetaalphabeta Age Unconfirmed Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    zonatahunt wrote:
    This compensatory gift is one-sided and not necessarily fair. Quite a few of us that we're playing a match AGAINST a Banner were also affected by this bug. My game crashed, I lost PvP points and rank. You need to consider all those affected, not only those with a rostered Banner with a purple cover. This is a near-sighted and biased compensation.

    Entirely agree with this
  • DrNitromanDrNitroman Posts: 962 Critical Contributor
    Lew22 wrote:
    As soon as my Banner's purple was disabled, my 5* Doctor Strange lost the passive part of the yellow ability. Has anyone else experienced this?

    I did.
    But closing and re-opening the game was enough to fix this bug (at least for me)
    Edit: Actually this was for 3*Strange that I experienced the bug
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    I'd would prefer as a one off a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hulk.png cover once the green guy is fixed.

    Awww, that's cute.
  • Lew22Lew22 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2
    DrNitroman wrote:
    Lew22 wrote:
    As soon as my Banner's purple was disabled, my 5* Doctor Strange lost the passive part of the yellow ability. Has anyone else experienced this?

    I did.
    But closing and re-opening the game was enough to fix this bug (at least for me)
    Edit: Actually this was for 3*Strange that I experienced the bug

    I had to do it three times before it came back.
  • jreddjredd Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    people use banner?

    i tried once. it was awful.
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming "A token of our appreciation" will be quite literal.
    As in a single (heroic) token
  • jredd wrote:
    people use banner?

    i tried once. it was awful.
    I usually use him with OML and Phoenix to scrub through my trivials. They aren't all that well covered, but they're enough to breeze through those nodes.
  • smkspysmkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, 3strange yellow keeps going turning off randomly during matches...quit a pain as that really the only reason to use him.

    Edit, not just the snipers node either was for the goon node before it.
  • DapperChewieDapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Starsaber wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    people use banner?

    i tried once. it was awful.
    I usually use him with OML and Phoenix to scrub through my trivials. They aren't all that well covered, but they're enough to breeze through those nodes.

    This is pretty much my sole use for my 5s.
  • WEBGASWEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Lew22 wrote:
    As soon as my Banner's purple was disabled, my 5* Doctor Strange lost the passive part of the yellow ability. Has anyone else experienced this?

    Yes...I noticed that yellow oassive does mot activate against snipers in the second sub of The Hulk Pve.....quite annoying icon_redface.gif
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The snipers' Deadly Shot is a passive, so it doesn't trigger Strange's (or Star Lord's) passive ability anyway.
  • JohnLegendJohnLegend Age Unconfirmed Posts: 28
    Rng's with benefits!
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Purple cover? Got one of those. I'm not playing the game at all at the moment, so I guess I will get something for nothing this time around.
  • Nightglider1Nightglider1 Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    zonatahunt wrote:
    This compensatory gift is one-sided and not necessarily fair. Quite a few of us that we're playing a match AGAINST a Banner were also affected by this bug. My game crashed, I lost PvP points and rank. You need to consider all those affected, not only those with a rostered Banner with a purple cover. This is a near-sighted and biased compensation.

    The compensation isn't for the crashes, it's because they've crippled a character while they fix the bug. If you don't have a purple Banner rostered, you aren't affected by the steps they've taken to fix it.

    Nobody's getting compensation for the crashes.
  • Mr_SinisterMr_Sinister Age Unconfirmed Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    zonatahunt wrote:
    This compensatory gift is one-sided and not necessarily fair. Quite a few of us that we're playing a match AGAINST a Banner were also affected by this bug. My game crashed, I lost PvP points and rank. You need to consider all those affected, not only those with a rostered Banner with a purple cover. This is a near-sighted and biased compensation.

    The compensation isn't for the crashes, it's because they've crippled a character while they fix the bug. If you don't have a purple Banner rostered, you aren't affected by the steps they've taken to fix it.

    Nobody's getting compensation for the crashes.

    I transform banner every ddq with black bolt. Disabled for me as well.
  • jtmageejtmagee Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    This needs to be a reward for all players, even those who do not have a 5* Banner. Offer either a cover or ISO reimbursement. If it can be tracked who has played with Banner or against Banner, offer a token on top of whatever it would be that is given to each player.
  • rc35rc35 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Looking forward to getting some free Crit Boosts!
Sign In or Register to comment.