R115 Release Notes - (12/05/16)

1235»

Comments

• AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. I reached out to the development team, and just wanted to follow up with an update on what they said during our discussion:
    We have heard the feedback about the changes to the "Level Jump" button and understand your concerns. We will be discussing what can be done in the coming days. We appreciate all the feedback we have received thus far.
    Thanks for being patient everyone!
    Thanks for passing the word along, and relaying the developers' response.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Seriously. I have a 12 cover Peggy Carter. Current max level is 250, she is at 120 right now. I need 271,508 iso-8. I currently have, 264,432. That is a difference of 7,076. Something that can be earned in a couple hours. (by the way I had to use the reference sheet to figure that out, whereas before this "upgrade" it would have just told me)

Since that difference is more iso-8 than the Treasure Box for $4.99 gives, it tells me I need to spend $19.99 to max her, which would be almost twice what I actually need. Really? It's even worse for those who need multiple Mother Lode purchases to max someone. Very misleading. Yeah for greedy people who want to trick others into purchases this was a good idea, but not to anyone else.

I understand the idea of the drop down box that others have suggested, but personally think it's wasted, very rarely do I only want to level anyone a lot, but not to max. It's usually 1 or 2 levels at a time, or all the way.

My suggestion is to have a single level button, a +10 level button and a max level button and have each display the total amount of iso-8 needed to use that button, regardless of how many purchases they need to get that amount.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure someone else has already mentioned it elsewhere, but I'm glad to see that Black Bolt's Energy Channeling doesn't do the animation when he's just placing the charged tiles any more (instead it only triggers when damage is being dealt).
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Yes the new level up button is not helpful it is actually very annoying. As a vet player I am not going to spend money on ISO when I can amass almost 20-30k in a day of play. I don't understand how this would have been considered an option by the Devs as players have been asking for the option of just leveling the character to the amount of iso a player has, or a sliding level option to allow players to choose the level they want to level their champ too with the amount of ISO they have.

I think I speak for many players in my alliance as well who have already shown a distaste for this, as we are all optimal players and are not going to spend money on ISO we can amass almost that amount, $100 cost, in 2 days time by just playing the game. Maybe for new players it seems helpful, but for vets and players who play optimal its not beneficial for our play style. Plus I believe that it may cause younger players to spend money they didn't need to spend or can't really afford to spend, and cause them problems in their real life outside the game. As a Psychologist who works with individuals with impulse control issues and mania, this option shouldn't be displayed as it will cause unintended issues for someone in a state of mania who gets the quick gratification of spending money for a short-term feeling of euphoria when they are unable to fully process the consequence of spending that amount of money at that given time.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I completely agree. I thought the devs were taking steps to i.prove the game. Then 2 things happened tthis week. Replacing the max level button with basically an ad for the most useless thing you can purchase in this game. And the agent venom limited vault. I was kind of liking these limited vaults, however with the agent venom one not only did they remove the ability to purchase 1 cover at a time, they also increased the 10 packs cost by 500 hp and the 20 pack by 600hp. This just makes me want to not spend real money on this game at all.
    I realize this a ftp game and certain things pop up in them like this but really? No other ftp game i have played has been this stingy with its resources while pushing this hard to get my money. You have to give some to get some and you guys are not on the right track.