R115 Release Notes - (12/05/16)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Here are the issues that are addressed in the R115 patch.

What's Changed:
    • 'Level Up' Button Improvements
    o General UI improvements o Holding down the Raise Level button can now raise the level of the character multiple times. The character’s level will increase until the player is no longer holding down the button. o The Level Jump button will now change depending on how much Iso-8 the player has.
    • If the player has enough Iso-8 to increase the character’s level to the Level Max, the button will display the Level Max and how much Iso-8 is required to reach that level (same as before). • If the player doesn’t have enough Iso-8 to increase the character’s level to the Level Max, the button will display the smallest Iso-8 purchase to reach Max Level up to the largest possible Iso-8 Purchase.

• The following Countdown tiles created by powers now have the correct descriptions:
    o Gorgon's power
Gorgon's Gaze
o Shinobi's power Shuriken
o Deadpool (It's me, Deadpool!)'s power Life of the Party
o Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)'s power X-Enforcer
• War Machine's power Gatling Gun only displays a banner the first time it activates in a turn.
• The Recruit Character screen is only displayed when a character has just been recruited.
• Fixed a rare crash on Android devices.
*Updated to final release notes on 12/05/16

Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    No hint. Hmmmm
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is something for the devs to consider:how about placing a max level for the max ISO the player actually has. That way they can use all their ISO with 1 push rather than having to go level by level.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    • Fixed a rare crash on Android devices.

i been getting a lot more on steam version. it's especially annoying while in pvp.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator wrote:
    No hint. Hmmmm

Yeah! Was the hint just accidentally omitted or are we actually not getting a new character release with R115?

And what about a character rebalancing? Too soon, possibly with R116?
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is something for the devs to consider:how about placing a max level for the max ISO the player actually has. That way they can use all their ISO with 1 push rather than having to go level by level.

Has the button in its current form ever convinced someone to waste money buying ISO?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
      • If the player has enough Iso-8 to increase the character’s level to the Level Max, the button will display the Level Max and how much Iso-8 is required to reach that level (same as before). • If the player doesn’t have enough Iso-8 to increase the character’s level to the Level Max, the button will display the smallest Iso-8 purchase to reach Max Level up to the largest possible Iso-8 Purchase.

Forgive me, but how is this different from the status quo? What am I missing?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    No hint. Hmmmm

Yeah! Was the hint just accidentally omitted or are we actually not getting a new character release with R115?

And what about a character rebalancing? Too soon, possibly with R116?
    This is not the actual Patch Notes. This is the Preview. Actual Patch Notes will include more information about the upcoming Dazzler release. (I can feel it guys! It's happening!)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.

Please do not post data-mined content or spoilers on the forums:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Actual Patch Notes will include more information about the upcoming Dazzler release.

(Ever get issued one of those for guessing correctly? I have!)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator wrote:
    No hint. Hmmmm

Obviously Brigby is way more subtle than Hi-Fi and the clue is in "Hey everyone". Equally obviously, it's an anagram, which leads me to **** Eye Eve. It's Satanna.

Or maybe Dazzler.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

I got excited that it sounded like they were actually fixing this, then nope, they're actually making it even more convoluted then it original was. BOOOOO!
    wymtime wrote:

This.

Has the button in its current form ever convinced someone to waste money buying ISO?

And this. It doesn't even tell you in game why the number doesn't match up, so how could it? For the first 6 months I thought it was a bug until someone explained it on the forums. It's soooo stupid....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like some good changes and bug fixes. Thanks!
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    If "NO HINTS" means that after Medusa there will be no other new characters until new year...

I AM FINE WITH IT! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Time to develop the existents icon_e_smile.gifiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.png
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

Here's a preview of the issues being addressed in the upcoming R115 patch.
      o Holding down the Raise Level button can now raise the level of the character multiple times. The character’s level will increase until the player is no longer holding down the button.

Since a character does not increase in strength by adding tiny bits of iso8.png within any given level, wouldn't it be easier for the Raise Level button to do exactly that - raise the character by one level? The GUI is not poor because the button has to be pressed repeatedly, it's poor because I have to keep it held down to wait for the ISO to be added. I really don't need that moving progress bar. Just make a single short press increase the level (like when a Champed character gains an extra cover). Quick taps can already be used to open vault tokens without having to endure the pointless animation, so just make the Raise Level button operate in the same way. If I don't have enough ISO to do a full level jump, the button should either become inactive or ask me if I would like to buy more ISO (which is super likely that I'll go for, of course icon_lol.gif )

And the missing hint IS the hint. It teleported itself away! icon_eek.gif 4* Nightcrawler confirmed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    o Holding down the Raise Level button can now raise the level of the character multiple times. The character’s level will increase until the player is no longer holding down the button.

I might be the only player that won't enjoy this change. For what can only be OCD purposes, I like to keep my iso stockpile ending in 0. Gonna be way tougher w/o the hard stop each level. Hopefully there's a level pause or something in there.

Anyhow, no hint could just be cause there's a new sheriff in town. I'd guess we're at least getting one more before year end.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    No hint?

Must be ForgetMeNot.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Holding down the Raise Level button can now raise the level of the character multiple times. The character’s level will increase until the player is no longer holding down the button.

If this is the same **** that's in MtG PQ then I don't want it. It moves too last and always ends up partially leveling someone before you take your finger off of the button. I hate that.

Why can't the level up button just raise you a level with one push? Why even bother with partial leveling anyway? I never understood that.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Holding down the Raise Level button can now raise the level of the character multiple times. The character’s level will increase until the player is no longer holding down the button.

If this is the same **** that's in MtG PQ then I don't want it. It moves too last and always ends up partially leveling someone before you take your finger off of the button. I hate that.

Why can't the level up button just raise you a level with one push? Why even bother with partial leveling anyway? I never understood that.

Yeah unless there's a noticeable pause between the end of one level and the beginning of the next... agree that this is not really a helpful feature. Maybe a button that levels you 10 levels in one go (in one push, or push and hold, whatever). Then you can pick your granularity if you have a long way to go.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    No hint. Hmmmm

Obviously Brigby is way more subtle than Hi-Fi and the clue is in "Hey everyone". Equally obviously, it's an anagram, which leads me to **** Eye Eve. It's Satanna.

Or maybe Dazzler.
    Wrong. The hint is the Go! in his signature. Teen Titans confirmed!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dear Brigby,
    Could you confirm that this thread is a Preview of R115, and not the full version of the Patch Notes? (The repeated "no hint" comments are getting on my nerves)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking back/below at R114 notes.... the character hint (obvious as it was) was in the first notes posting. Note immediate comments. The notes were updated to a final version several days after first posting, but character hints are always posted early.

But new person and all... who knows. Speculations! Taking a break for holiday season. Or the recycled (Blade/Cage/Venom) characters are getting a poor reception and they are unsure how to proceed. Or they are trying to figure out new mechanics after so many characters. Or in lieu of a new character they are reworking distribution in some way (CP costs? Cover colors?) and don't want to make a major change close to a new release. Or with Medusa there are equal 3's and 4's (leaving out DD and HtD) so they are taking a breather.

Anyway, precedent has been to have the new hint at first post of release notes. This is a change.