R115 Release Notes - (12/05/16)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    No hint. Hmmmm
    Sorry for the confusion everyone. There's no hint in this post, because there will be no new character release in this specific patch.

That's great but I hope this doesn't mean we'll have a new character during Christmas. Last year was a nightmare with the Venom release, moreso cause Venom Bomb was a pain but nonetheless I enjoyed skipping PvE during Thanksgiving.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I'll just be pessimistic and think that no hint means that they're readying an Age of Ultron-esque release blitz. icon_twisted.gif

With no new movies upcoming it'll be Hyperion, Nighthawk, and Power Princess. Just to mess with DC. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    TazFTW wrote:
    I'll just be pessimistic and think that no hint means that they're readying an Age of Ultron-esque release blitz. icon_twisted.gif

With no new movies upcoming it'll be Hyperion, Nighthawk, and Power Princess. Just to mess with DC. icon_e_biggrin.gif

That would be an awesome way to troll some recent movies...
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:

I think they should add Amalgam characters during slow times.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the love of Uatu, just give us a +1 level up button!

What is with the need for this push and hold mechanic? You keep iterating it, but it's still POINTLESS.

It's somewhat understandable. The function needs to be just the right amount of annoying to keep it a valid UX improvement, while at the same time pushing players into using the 'level to max' function and being offered the ISO purchase-option. That's just how freemium gaming works, and I'm afraid that aspect won't ever change.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to know if anybody actually takes the game up on that offer, though. A blind cave salamander could tell what a horrible rip-off ISO purchases are.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to know if anybody actually takes the game up on that offer, though. A blind cave salamander could tell what a horrible rip-off ISO purchases are.

Kids likely don't think about that.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    R115 is live on Steam.

The level-up button estimate on how much iso is needed is so much worse now (it was already bad).

Basically if you need more than 78000 iso to max a character, it will display "100$ 78000 iso" no matter what the
    amount of iso you really need icon_lol.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    R115 live on the play store now also.
  • kmiller
    kmiller Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    R115 is live on Steam.

The level-up button estimate on how much iso is needed is so much worse now (it was already bad).

Basically if you need more than 78000 iso to max a character, it will display "100$ 78000 iso" no matter what the

This is a terrible change for anyone who likes to keep track of the actual Iso needed for each character.

There's now no way to see how much Iso you actually need...I know from before the update that I need 31,003 Iso on Dr. Strange 3*, but all it tells me now is that I need a $58 (CDN) Iso buy to max him out. I put a couple thousand Iso on him after some PVE, now I need...a $58 (CDN) Iso buy to max him out.

There's no way to roll back, is there? I'd much rather have a problem with the recruit screen, and know how much Iso I need rather than this nonsense.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Agreed.

Bookmark this. It makes life a lot easier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... E/pubhtml#
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Live on android

Why do I STILL have to hold a button to level a character? I want to tap 1x and go up 1 level, simple
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    pheregas wrote:
    Bookmark this. It makes life a lot easier.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... E/pubhtml#

Thanks for this. Shared it with my alliance as well.
    Also you can add my opinion to those who greatly dislike the UI change. It's not going to make me want to or buy ISO, it's just going to annoy me and require me to reference an external spreadsheet.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to final release notes on 12/05/16
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    amount of iso you really need

Oh wow. That's how it works out?
    Ok; yes. That's objectively quantifiable as worse. A lot worse, actually.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Just chiming in with another voice against the new "78000 ISO $99.99" button. Even if ISO rates were at a reasonable price, this change would still make that button useless. I'm sure this was bottom line directive from above the actual programmers' heads, but this hurts the user interface instead of simplifying it.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't this patch meant to sort the recruit problem too? I'm sick of having to roster 1*s just to sell them.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

Kids likely don't think about that.

Kids should think more about blind cave salamanders, that was the best level in Earthworm Jim 2.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    • Fixed a rare crash on Android devices.
    Are you sure about this one? I just had another match launch crash
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    Are you sure about this one? I just had another match launch crash
    Hey there. I just sent you a message that might help. Please take a look at it when you have time. Thanks!