R115 Release Notes - (12/05/16)

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on the list for people who don't like the max level button change either. Perhaps it was intended to be more clear to players, or even more enticing, but seeing all these $100 price tags all over my roster just makes the game feel more mercenary.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    The patch notes in Google play store mention character rebalancing but I don't see any specifics. Can someone explain?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why it's such a problem to make a usable level-up mechanic.
    First button: Add Level. Push it to add one level. Grey out if you don't have to ISO-8 and bring up an "Insufficient funds. Do you wish to purchase additional ISO-8?" message.
    Second button: Select Level. Push to bring up an interface to add levels until you reach the level you want the character to be (capped by covers and ISO-8 available), and a Confirm button to apply those levels.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    DubbaHuss wrote:
    The patch notes in Google play store mention character rebalancing but I don't see any specifics. Can someone explain?

Presumably the next set of character balance changes will be announced next Monday after the PvP season ends and made active the following Thursday, all of which will happen when R115 is the current build.
  • HaiKulture
    HaiKulture Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Have to say I HATE HATE HATE the new Iso Level Button.

I didn't mind holding it down with a beat between levels - what did that take? 30 seconds to go 10 levels? I play this game to waste time so...ummm...30 seconds is nothing. Maybe I only want to add a level or two here and there to slowly build - I don't feel that control anymore with Le Slippery Button.

But the real HATE is...

But I can't see how much Iso my character ACTUALLY needs to level now- just that I need to spend 30 bucks. Wha?

I have dropped money on this game - bought VIPS and a Hero Point pack here and there. Iso falls from the sky with game work and I have never felt the desire to purchase it. Between Deadpool, some Story rotations, and a Versus someone can make an easy 15-20k Iso in a day.

Seeing needed Iso made me want to keep playing - seeing a price tag makes me want to stop playing.

And spending money on even the things I do.
  • Is anyone else on iOS getting lots of crashes with the update? It's seriously crashing every 2-3 missions for me now. Before the update it would only crash very rarely.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that a lot of you don't like the new design of the Level Up button. icon_e_sad.gif I'll bring the subject up with the development team tomorrow morning once I get to the office.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    The fix for Android crashes didn't work. icon_e_sad.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that a lot of you don't like the new design of the Level Up button. icon_e_sad.gif I'll bring the subject up with the development team tomorrow morning once I get to the office.

i think there should be a one up level, instead of hold down partial levels cause part a level makes no difference when playing or in ur roster.
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    When Banner transforms into the other guy, the game crashes (R115)
    Tried it twice in the Deadpool Daily Quest.
    Got an iphone 6.
  • angryelvis
    angryelvis Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Just want to post that I don't like the change to the ISO button. I wouldn't mind the button change if I knew how much ISO I actually needed. Don't encourage me to buy 78k when I need 200k to level up. Same applies if I need 50k. Let me know how much ISO is needed and I'll make my own decision.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new ISO button really emphasizes just how stupid your ISO costs are. Good job! "Wait, it will cost me $50 just to level my 2* Cap to max? ****?"
  • ESN91 wrote:
    When Banner transforms into the other guy, the game crashes (R115)
    Tried it twice in the Deadpool Daily Quest.
    Got an iphone 6.

I figured out that this is my problem as well. As long as I don't play 5* Hulk, it works fine. Which is a shame because I like to use him in PVE as he's one of my most covered 5*s right now. I've managed to have a couple turns with him transformed without crashing, but it is a pretty repeatable bug.

Where is the quality control? How did something that so reliably crashes the game ever make it past QC? And now we probably have to wait a month before he's playable again. I have an iTunes gift card I was going to spend on MPQ, but not until this is fixed.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    R115 is live on Steam.

The level-up button estimate on how much iso is needed is so much worse now (it was already bad).

Basically if you need more than 78000 iso to max a character, it will display "100$ 78000 iso" no matter what the
    amount of iso you really need icon_lol.gif
    iPhone 5 - that's not the behavior I see...

My Quake is at 256. According to my calculations, I need 56,126 ISO to max her (gee, it sure would be nice to see that in-game somewhere icon_rolleyes.gif )

My display shows the "Raise Level" and "37500 for $69.99 CDN" buttons.

* Working as designed, but not as desired. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    The new ISO button really emphasizes just how stupid your ISO costs are. Good job! "Wait, it will cost me $50 just to level my 2* Cap to max? ****?"

Ugh, both buttons are a total disaster. I tried to level up one of my guys and left my finger on the button a split-second too long. So now I have a partially leveled guy and ZERO ISO. Not good when you're trying to progress in PvP. Both of these buttons need to go immediately. Partially leveling a person does you absolutely no good, so why is it even in the game?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I'll add my discontent with the new level buttons.

I like to level up by level, and not by a level and a little bit. That's Iso-8 I could've used on another character that's now sitting there doing nothing.

The Iso-8 purchase button is just horrible in every way. The purchase button was fine in the top right corner. What's it doing on every character page? Are they really that desperate for purchases? Do they think that's gonna entice people to spend money, seeing at how many pages it's asking for huge amounts? I would argue the opposite, seeing how pointless it is to buy Iso-8... The old buttons were 10,000% better.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    part a level makes no difference when playing or in ur roster.
    Orion wrote:
    Partially leveling a person does you absolutely no good, so why is it even in the game?

Little known fact: there are (or atleast; there used to be) quite a few instances where the damage output of a cover skill would rise midway through a level, instead of at the level-up point.

So there is an effect, and thus a difference. Albeit a very, very minor one. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. I reached out to the development team, and just wanted to follow up with an update on what they said during our discussion:
    We have heard the feedback about the changes to the "Level Jump" button and understand your concerns. We will be discussing what can be done in the coming days. We appreciate all the feedback we have received thus far.
    Thanks for being patient everyone!
  • jayx_2
    jayx_2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Since the update I'm no longer getting shield experience for the first win in pve events. Is anyone else effected by this?
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Brigby wrote:

Briby, I also really dislike the new UI. I'm 2.5 years in and VIP member. I liked to know how much ISO I needed. I'll never pay $ for ISO. I pay $, (sometimes) for coins for token or roster space. I also like leveling exactly, since I move my ISO between players (depending on what's coming over the next week). And even 1 ISO over a level is wasted ISO if you don't fully level (and get the benefits).