Enemy Of The State Rewards Update

1235»

Comments

• fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Dauthi wrote:
    Agreed. If I had known what the total was going to be for the CP I would have reached for it instead of giving up and playing Overwatch. For all I know I was short 100 points, or some ridiculous total that could have been avoided. It would make a lot more sense to hand out the olive branch to everyone, because it demoralized everyone.

I fought tooth and nail to get to the end of progression and ended up less than 10k points away from it because there just weren't points left for me to get the last day. Is it also fair if I get the same reward as someone that didn't try?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I ended up at 129k and fell short. When I logged in this afternoon, I received 15 cps and I was very pleasantly surprised. icon_lol.gif

I was doing 5-6 clears for the first two subs, but wasn't able to play under optimal schedule. When I started my grind on sub 3 and saw that I wasn't going to make the needed 138k, I decided to save my heals for Dr. Strange pve instead.

Thank you D3!!! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I hardly played the final sub because it was obvious I wasn't going to get progression, and I wasn't on target to place in the top 10 either so not much point in carrying on, especially seeing as the alliance rewards are still cheap.

So, There was no reason for me to believe that to carry on playing I would have got the final progression rewards. Nor was there any reason for me to believe that the devs would hand out compensation if I'd have carried on playing.

Right or wrong, fair or not, this is a fact and should really be taken into consideration.

I'm sure all the people who did grind it out are the only ones saying that players that didn't reach progression shouldn't complain because it was our choice.

a choice handed to us by faulty circumstances, which by all rights should also be compensated imo.

Still, grateful to get something back, so thanks for that. Not gonna hold my breathe for anything more tho
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pushed to 70k for the Cyclops cover (I don't play PvE very often, so getting that far seemed like a real slog for me), and was happily surprised to get an additional Enemy token and some ISO-8 from the compensation award. Thanks!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 14+ hours on this pve and ended up with 116000. Yet that's still not good enough??? Now I'm even more frustrated than I was before. I did 4 to 6 clears of every node, minus some time on the weekend.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I spent 14+ hours on this pve and ended up with 116000. Yet that's still not good enough??? Now I'm even more frustrated than I was before. I did 4 to 6 clears of every node, minus some time on the weekend.

That is odd. You should have enough as 4 clears of each node and 2 of each wave would net you 101478 points. Anything above would be progression in my opinion. In fact I only got to 122778, which isn't a lot more.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, look at that, we still don't have all the information.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Ugh. If I realized this was gonna happen, I would have tried going for the CP. I saw I was WAY off, so I didn't bother going for the full clear.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

That is odd. You should have enough as 4 clears of each node and 2 of each wave would net you 101478 points. Anything above would be progression in my opinion. In fact I only got to 122778, which isn't a lot more.

Looking at David's post again, it just says four clears of the "normal" fights. How many survival clears are factored in is totally opaque, but sure seems to be more than two.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Looking at David's post again, it just says four clears of the "normal" fights. How many survival clears are factored in is totally opaque, but sure seems to be more than two.

The progression is tuned to 4 clears, regardless of waves/not waves.

The difference between EotS and this Strange event is that they didn't factor in deterioration of the waves in EotS.

Such is the answer I received on the topic.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016

The progression is tuned to 4 clears, regardless of waves/not waves.

The difference between EotS and this Strange event is that they didn't factor in deterioration of the waves in EotS.

Such is the answer I received on the topic.

If true, that is ****. 4 clears of a wave node is way more work than 4 clears of a normal mode. Even 2 clears of if a wave node is a net increase, but there is only so much they can do with this format.

Max prog should be set at the total of all available full-point clears, so if you grind down until the timer starts, them you should get the cp.
  • Vhailorx
    fanghoul wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Agreed. If I had known what the total was going to be for the CP I would have reached for it instead of giving up and playing Overwatch. For all I know I was short 100 points, or some ridiculous total that could have been avoided. It would make a lot more sense to hand out the olive branch to everyone, because it demoralized everyone.

I fought tooth and nail to get to the end of progression and ended up less than 10k points away from it because there just weren't points left for me to get the last day. Is it also fair if I get the same reward as someone that didn't try?

Nope. Not perfectly fair. But when demi screws up, imo they should always resolve in ambiguities in compensation in a pro-player fashion. If it cant be perfect, then compensation should be over-inclusive rather than under-inclusive. Demi/d3 should bear the risk of their own mistakes, not players.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

If true, that is ****. 4 clears if a wave node is way more work than 4 clears if a normal mode. Even 2 clears of if a wave node is a net increase, but there is inly so much they can do with this format.

Maxprog shoupd be set at the total of all available full-point clears, so if you hrind down until the timer starts, them you should getthe cp.

There's no "If." That's straight from the devs.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:

If true, that is ****. 4 clears if a wave node is way more work than 4 clears if a normal mode. Even 2 clears of if a wave node is a net increase, but there is inly so much they can do with this format.

Maxprog shoupd be set at the total of all available full-point clears, so if you hrind down until the timer starts, them you should getthe cp.

There's no "If." That's straight from the devs.

Apologies, can you link the dev comment? I'm not seeing it.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Ah, nice. I couldn't join until after the second or so sub, so I didn't try to reach progression. I only kept playing after reaching the Cyclops cover because I was top 50 and tried to keep it that way. It seems that earned me an event token (I think I pulled Beast blue).
  • Vhailorx
    OJSP wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:
    Apologies, can you link the dev comment? I'm not seeing it.
    Previous announcement: (with relevant quotes bolded and underlined):
    Greetings,

Here's new details from Demiurge regarding a few changes in the upcoming run of Meet Rocket & Groot:

"Changes to Rocket & Groot

• This Story event does not have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Future runs of this event will have Clearance Levels.

Starting in this event, we would like to better define the score to achieve progression rewards.
    o The 3-Star Progression reward will take approximately two clears of each mission.
    o The top Progression reward will take approximately four clears of each mission.
    o We will be attempting something similar for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels."

Thank you.
    Which ironically was questioned in the same thread..:
    My 2 questions:
    • Will these targets apply to events with 2-day subs as well?
    • Will these targets apply to wave missions as well? (Those already have reduced requirements relative to normal mission pins.)

Now we know the answer.

I dont think that announcement was comprehensive enough to be considered a clear indication of intent. And i dont think they ever answered any specific followup questions.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Hi guys,

Besides experiencing issues getting the progression reward, I just experienced a massive bug re: daylight savings time. The 3rd act of Strange Sights unlocked for me, I played the round that opens the door, played the first mission, then logged out for some minutes. Coming back in, I found the event had been rolled back one whole hour and the 3 characters I had used in these fights were dead.

On top of that, I was ranking #9 for that event and now lots of people got another chance to climb higher because they held on longer to do nodes... icon_e_sad.gif

I've submitted a ticket as well.

Thanks!
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Regardless of what may be a technically correct answer based on a rather casual explanation, the rational thing would be to base it on the clears it takes to start the timer on all nodes. Waves can be utterly ridiculous to try to grind down, and two clears for waves is much more reasonable to base progression on than four clears at max efficiency.