Enemy Of The State Rewards Update

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, everyone.

Here's an update from Demiurge regarding progression rewards for the Enemy of the State event:
    "The score to achieve the top three progression rewards for the Enemy of the State Story event that started on October 27 was set higher than what we want them to be. The rewards required scores that were higher than four clears of each normal mission. We have reduced the scores required to achieve the top three progression rewards for future runs of the event. Players that scored high enough to receive these rewards on this run of the event will receive the Iso-8, Tokens, and Command Points they would have received later today. Players who achieved a score higher than the current top progression reward will receive an extra Enemy of the State Vault token. We thank everyone who participated in the event and appreciate the feedback we received."

Thank you.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for this. I hope I scored enough! I ended up at 116393, so just after the final reward before the max progression reward. I was tempted to just give up with a much lower score, but then I was afraid that then I'd miss out on a reward like this. We'll see!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you for this, David. There were many in our alliance that fell short, and you guys reaching out to fix what was undoubtedly an automation error is very cool.

One big problem: Strange Sights has the same progression error that EotS did. Wave nodes are being counted 4x against maximum progression. My projection puts max progression a little under 12,000 points from a full-point clear of all nodes.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    One more enemy of the state token! Woohoo, I am probably gonna get another 2* human torch. Hope it's going to be aries instead, I really need 3 more covers to max champ and sell him to champ my cyclops!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what the target score should have been. I doubt I reached it, since I checked out a bit on the last two subs once I realized the top prize was out of reach. Still, I was doing full clears on the early subs so I might have been close.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad this will be adjusted moving forward.

Like many others, I gave up when I hit the 70k reward knowing the final was out of reach. I doubt I'll be compensated for that, but am glad it will change. I don't understand, however, how something ends up higher than they want it to be. Don't they see the numbers before launch? Don't they actually set them? Or is it some auto-generated thing that isn't reviewed?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Only players who scored high enough? Geez, if i knew this would happen i would try harder but for me it was no point trying after reaching last ISO from progression. I wouldnt get 20k (or whatever the number was) points anyway.
    However i am glad it was changed, its good for future runs.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Full point clears of all nodes (not 4x on wave nodes)

Sub 1: 11,800 (this is 5x on a 48 hour sub) > Sub 2: 14,448 > Sub 3: 15,950 > Sub 4: 16,672 > Sub 5: 19,080 > Sub 6: 24,400

Add ~1,000 for the main node, would have put max progression in the neighborhood of 104,000.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what the target score should have been. I doubt I reached it, since I checked out a bit on the last two subs once I realized the top prize was out of reach. Still, I was doing full clears on the early subs so I might have been close.

This. With a real life time crunch last night I punted the extra clears of the last sub b/c the top number was out of reach and I already got the iso progression. I'll be slightly annoyed if I missed out on the last 15CP that would've been achievable with the lower target, if I knew it was a target.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Yeah...so how about for those who gave up seeing that they were far and away from even getting close? I'm not even sure where I fell, but earlier communication including the point totals to actually shoot for would have been appreciated. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that something is being done, it's just felt like there's been no communication lately.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you devs and HiFi for letting us know.

For those asking - given the current node scores, a full point clearing (4 clears of nodes, 2 for waves) would net you exactly 101478 points.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Sigh, Had I know earlier I wuouldnt have stop after the 4 star progression...

Oh well I guess I cant complain since I got the cyclops yellow in my vault just in time before my other cyclop cover in my queue expires. SO I was able to champion him in time. Even though I didn't reach max progression I still got that going for me icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my bracket (CL8, S4) that would have been good for ~200th place. That's a lot of people who are about to get some extra CP!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    So, do people who got higher than the old max progression number or the new max progression get the extra token? That part confused me. Of course I'll probably just get another HT cover so I don't know why I care icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this should have been announced a lot sooner. What is the point really, a lot of people gave up because they dont know wether
    to expect compensation or not. I sure as hell gave up around 80k.

Stellar communication once again.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Stopped at 99k when it was obvious there was no chance. Sucks for me.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went to see Doctor Strange instead because I assumed there'd be no point in trying to hit the "normal" clears. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and have hit the target anyway.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    Thank you devs and HiFi for letting us know.

For those asking - given the current node scores, a full point clearing (4 clears of nodes, 2 for waves) would net you exactly 101478 points.
    Thank you (and monsieurmojo) for tallying this up.

I finished at 99,350. The extra 2128 points would have been trivial to make up to get the final progression prize had I known what the target should have been.

I hope D3 will take this into account and make the threshold lower than the actual top progression prize, given the confusion they caused with the error and the delay in responding.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome, can't wait for my 2 star token!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I was around 127k hopefully I'll get my command points
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great communication, very speedy and with a great result.
    Thanks very much, guys =)