Enemy Of The State Rewards Update

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    JVReal wrote:
    My illustration was to show the difference between unexpected reward/lack of reward vs punishment.
    Nowhere did I imply that 138,000 was a reasonable request.

I played how I normally played, which gave me CP, normally max progression, and several hundred experience points. I was rewarded for hitting what ended up being the adjusted reasonable reward.

You're just throwing a handful of darts at the target hoping to hit the bulls-eye.

This forum is screwy. 4/7 clears for points is again deemed unreasonable when you choose not to do it, but not unreasonable when you can do it. Flip Flop, flip flop.

Actually, i think pve asks an unreasonably large amount of work from players (relative to rewards) at all times and have said so on the forums. However, in this case, it was clearly too high a prog reward because it was well above the stated level of 4 clears on each node (or 2 on waves). It is clearly unreasonable to annnounce a target and then go above it.

As for pve in general: i too typically hit max prog in every event. I find it more work than i would like, but do it because it is the only availaboe way for me to get the cp that i need to attempt to build a 5* roster. I stopped grinding eots because the cp were clearly out if reach. You kept going and hoped that demi would fix the problem.

That's cool. My point is that we players should not be asked to keep playing and hope for the best. Demi should just give the last 3 prog rewards to everyone who hit the 4* cover. Hell, give them to everyone who played the event at al. Is that "too many" cp going out the door for demi? Well too bad, good customer service will help the bottom line over time.

Instead demi is trying to parse things, figuring out who played enough to get what reward in a hypothetical reward ladder that never existed. This approach ignores the fact that players respond to real incentives in real time. If you reduce the incentive to play, then you should not be surprised if people play less. Nor should you punish those people for responding to incentives before them.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Newvis wrote:
    So my 110k wasn't high enough? Just received the EOTS token and Iso but no cp...? Hopefully this is a mistake AGAIN. Ticket sent.

Same here. Please report back the response. It should have been more than enough.
  • kobu
    LOL, I just got the appropriate token, still no CP though.
  • kobu
    kobu wrote:
    LOL, I just got the appropriate token, still no CP though.

I pulled a Moonstone. icon_lol.gif
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Thank you!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Got a EotS token. Got a 2* Johnny.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Vhailorx wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

I ask my kids to have all their chores done when I get home. I mention no reward. I get home and 2 of the 3 did their chores. I reward 2... am I punishing the 3rd?

But your analogy is wrong.

Here is a more accurate housework analogy:

You ask your kids to do an unreasonably large armount of chores for a specific reward. 2/3 of the kids do most, but not all of the chores. 1 kid looks at the amount of chores you requested, realizes that it is unreasonable, and stops doing chores after most of the work, but less than the other two. You return home, announce that you asked for an unreasonable amount of work, declare that a reasonable mount would have been more than the 1 kid did, but less than the other 2. You give the full reward to the two kids.

Have you punished the 1 kid relative to the other 2? I kinda think so. I also think that you have acted in an'arbitrary and capricious' manner to use a legal term of art.
    My illustration was to show the difference between unexpected reward/lack of reward vs punishment.

I played how I normally played, which gave me CP, normally max progression, and several hundred experience points. I was rewarded for hitting what ended up being the adjusted reasonable reward.

You're just throwing a handful of darts at the target hoping to hit the bulls-eye.

This forum is screwy. 4/7 clears for points is again deemed unreasonable when you choose not to do it, but not unreasonable when you can do it. Flip Flop, flip flop.

Actually, i think pve asks an unreasonably large amount of work from players (relative to rewards) at all times and have said so on the forums. However, in this case, it was clearly too high a prog reward because it was well above the stated level of 4 clears on each node (or 2 on waves). It is clearly unreasonable to annnounce a target and then go above it.

As for pve in general: i too typically hit max prog in every event. I find it more work than i would like, but do it because it is the only availaboe way for me to get the cp that i need to attempt to build a 5* roster. I stopped grinding eots because the cp were clearly out if reach. You kept going and hoped that demi would fix the problem.

That's cool. My point is that we players should not be asked to keep playing and hope for the best. Demi should just give the last 3 prog rewards to everyone who hit the 4* cover. Hell, give them to everyone who played the event at al. Is that "too many" cp going out the door for demi? Well too bad, good customer service will help the bottom line over time.

Instead demi is trying to parse things, figuring out whibokayed enough to get what reward in a hypothetical reward ladder that never existed. This approach ignores the fact that players respond to real incentives in real time. If you reduce the incentive to play, then you should not be surprised if people play less. Nor should you punish those people for responding to incentives before them.

Haha I played almost every node to 6 clears anyway. The rewards are not that great for the progression, but if you count all the rewards from clearing all the nodes and the likelyhood that you will rank high in the sub and main events, it's not that stingy. I needed the iso, me playing a lot of mpq in the last 2-3 weeks have resulted in me getting a ton of hp, a ton of iso and a few good 4* covers. I now have enough roster slots to have a separate spot for deadpool purple covers so I can give to my alliance mates as TUs (or to use exclusively for whales) and be able to champ like 2-3 four star characters. I also probably leveled up 2 shield ranks! Oh and I am probably going to be able to champ another 2 four stars in a few days time. 30,000 iso a day is not bad at all and I don't have to follow a schedule for the most part.

To me, i was going to reach the normal progression anyway and then go way past it. So this time instead of getting nothing for 10,000 pts over progression or something like that, I get an extra hearts of darkness token. I hope they screw up more so I can get more free stuff!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my EotS token as well. Ares.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Hearts of Darkness token instead of EOTS. Submitted a ticket.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Got a She Hulk after getting the actual Enemy of the State token. So that's pretty cool, I like her.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    got rocket and groot. Sweet a free hearts of darkness and an Enemy of the state token. Opened both so no take backs!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Got the EotS token as well. IMHB off the HoD, 2 star.pngicon_humantorch.png off EoTS. Thanks D3!
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    kobu wrote:

Hey me, too. Got a EotS token that was labeled as a HoD token icon_lol.gif

I got a redflag.png Moonstone!

What colour was yours?

Oh and 116k not enough for CP I guess. Oh well. Free Moonstone, and 1250 Iso.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP Recieved and spent

Thanks, devs Z566HugU.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Fell just short of progression after doing 4/6+ and was pretty disappointed - even sent a ticket like some quibbling chump! Got my progression reward today. Thanks! I also appreciate (vicariously) how those who DID hit progression got a little something extra. This feels exactly right. Thus far, it's been a fine November.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    waywreth wrote:
    Got the EotS token as well. IMHB off the HoD, 2 star.pngicon_humantorch.png off EoTS. Thanks D3!

I like this post for how incomprehensible it would be to an outsider.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Instead demi is trying to parse things, figuring out who played enough to get what reward in a hypothetical reward ladder that never existed. This approach ignores the fact that players respond to real incentives in real time. If you reduce the incentive to play, then you should not be surprised if people play less. Nor should you punish those people for responding to incentives before them.

Agreed. If I had known what the total was going to be for the CP I would have reached for it instead of giving up and playing Overwatch. For all I know I was short 100 points, or some ridiculous total that could have been avoided. It would make a lot more sense to hand out the olive branch to everyone, because it demoralized everyone.
  • kobu
    Ctenko wrote:
    kobu wrote:

Hey me, too. Got a EotS token that was labeled as a HoD token icon_lol.gif

I got a redflag.png Moonstone!

What colour was yours?

Oh and 116k not enough for CP I guess. Oh well. Free Moonstone, and 1250 Iso.

Same here! We should start a club.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    At least I got the 15 CP I should have gotten. So thanks for the compensation.

And, I got a useful 4-Star cover for me (Miles Morales Red), so all good.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Thank. You. Good men apologize for their mistakes, great men correct them. Thank you for being great.