Enemy Of The State Rewards Update

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you devs/d3 for addressing this publicly. You didn't have to do anything, but you righted a wrong and that deserves a thank you.

I would recommend, in order to stave off forum outcry, that this Vault Token is delivered before it reverts to a Legacy Vault.

Sincerely,

Pheregas
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you! A shining example of the responses we want to see to these issues.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you for not only the compensation, but more so for the response to the issue at hand. That, ultimately, is what we crave here on the forums.

I know there will be a lot of people who are unhappy because they stopped trying once they realized they couldn't hit the current progression point, but I think that's unfair to you guys really.

It was possible to hit final progression, we just had to play more. If we choose not to play more, that was our choice.

If you're playing just for the progression, aren't you basically trying to maximize the prizes you get under your control? Why wouldn't you just take each node down to the green check-mark, thus giving you everything you can earn outside of placement?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the communication and resolution.

It is still my favorite event, I played it regardless, and got as many green checks as I could for the EXP considering life happens a lot more during 7 day events.

For those that gave up, I'm sorry. Part of giving up means that you forfeit further rewards, even if they modify the progression total (which to me was the only solution).

Those that continued, with hopes that they would make us whole, we get the rewards.

"Had I known..."

Had I known the winning lottery numbers, I would have played them.

I was 4K short of hitting progression. Played because I enjoyed the event, but also because I hoped that there was going to be a resolution.

I stopped playing Boss Rush to send a message, knowing that stopping playing meant that I would possibly forfeit compensation (had they compensated anyone) in exchange for making a statement. It's the choice you make.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a fine reaponse in part. And thanks for the proactive communication!

But you seem to be ignoring those pkayers whi stopped playing for perfectly rational reasons.

I couod have hit about 110k if i had finished a 4/6 grind on the final sub. But i clearpy coupdn't hit progression. Nor could i have meaningfully affected my personal or alliance placement. The onoy possible reason for me to continue grinding was speculative hope that retroactive compensation might he awarded. I, quite frankly, have better things to do with my time than spent a 14th hour grinding pve hoping that demi/de would throw me some scraps afterwards. So i stopped. I knew that there was some chance of retroactive rewards in kight of that pve test earlier thus year, but there were definitely no gaurantees. Stopping seemed like a rational choice. And it seems foolish to be punished relative to other players who continued grinding.
  • JVReal
    Vhailorx wrote:
    This is a fine reaponse in part. And thanks for the proactive communication!

But you seem to be ignoring those pkayers whi stopped playing for perfectly rational reasons.

I couod have hit about 110k if i had finished a 4/6 grind on the final sub. But i clearpy coupdn't hit progression. Nor could i have meaningfully affected my personal or alliance placement. The onoy possible reason for me to continue grinding was speculative hope that retroactive compensation might he awarded. I, quite frankly, have better things to do with my time than spent a 14th hour grinding pve hoping that demi/de would throw me some scraps afterwards. So i stopped. I knew that there was some chance of retroactive rewards in kight of that pve test earlier thus year, but there were definitely no gaurantees. Stopping seemed like a rational choice. And it seems foolish to be punished relative to other players who continued grinding.
    It's not being punished. You specifically mention trading the chance at compensation for better use of your time. How is that punishing you for not playing? It was a risk you took, that felt rational. Regret does not equal being punished.

I ask my kids to have all their chores done when I get home. I mention no reward. I get home and 2 of the 3 did their chores. I reward 2... am I punishing the 3rd?
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Thank you so much!!

I had stopped playing when I realized I wasn't going to reach the 15CP, but luckily it was at 106K. Hopefully that is enough!
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I finished at 100,880. I stopped after getting the final event token, realizing the remaining rewards were either not worthwhile (1,250 ISO at 115,500), or futile (15 CP at 138,000).

My guess is that this will not be enough, but I hope I am wrong.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Stopping seemed like a rational choice.

No, no it didn't. Quitters passed up all kinds of node rewards, and sub rewards. Which likely exceeded the progressions they "should" have had (depending at what point they quit). They gave up on a readily-available mountain, and now complain about the mole hill that had then appeared out of reach. That was not "rational".
    Bull. Missing out on 1500-2000 ISO (depending on the number of wave nodes), random boosts, a standard token for 3rd run of each wave, and the slight ISO improvement in sub rewards each day is not remotely comparable to 15 CP.

To clarify, that is the mission rewards above 4 clears per normal node and 2 clears for waves.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

No, no it didn't. Quitters passed up all kinds of node rewards, and sub rewards. Which likely exceeded the progressions they "should" have had (depending at what point they quit). They gave up on a readily-available mountain, and now complain about the mole hill that had then appeared out of reach. That was not "rational".

Hmm what? Yes its rational to stop trying to hit a goal when you can clearly see the goal is impossible to reach, it was pretty obvious to most people who did the math. The only things I had left to get in progression was an event token, some iso and 15CP.

That would have required about 6 to 8 hours of grinding. Yeah, its rational to give up when I *might*
    have a chance that they frigging fix the rewards after the event (the other rewards (iso mostly) are nice
    but not worth that much time, EOTS is very time-consuming as it is).

Very happy for people that will get their rewards but let's not pretend this is incredible because they're just fixing
    their mistake which SHOULD be the norm.
  • Awesome. Very fair. Much appreciated. Just about managed to top progression but it was a helluva grind.
  • JVReal
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Bull. Missing out on 1500-2000 ISO (depending on the number of wave nodes), random boosts, a standard token for 3rd run of each wave, and the slight ISO improvement in sub rewards each day is not remotely comparable to 15 CP.

To clarify, that is the mission rewards above 4 clears per normal node and 2 clears for waves.
    If you've cleared all 4 clears for the CP and rewards you find vital, then you should be getting the adjusted progression reward... not sure what your argument is...

If you didn't qualify for the adjusted progression rewards, that means you quit before getting the 4 clears of all nodes, and all available CP... and CP is very valuable to you, so you had something to go for...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    They gave up on a readily-available mountain, and now complain about the mole hill that had then appeared out of reach. That was not "rational".
    I think you're confused. 15 cp is the mountain. A couple thousand iso and some standard tokens are the molehill.

If I stopped at 70000 when I got my Cyclops cover, you might have a point, but people have every right to be chuffed if they finished 2000 points away from CP because of confusion and delay caused by the dev team's mistake. The goals were not clear, the response, while appreciated, was untimely as it came 10 hours after the event ended.
    JVReal wrote:
    If you've cleared all 4 clears for the CP and rewards you find vital, then you should be getting the adjusted progression reward... not sure what your argument is...

If you didn't qualify for the adjusted progression rewards, that means you quit before getting the 4 clears of all nodes, and all available CP... and CP is very valuable to you, so you had something to go for...
    And stop telling people "if you'd just played every sub to 4/2, you'd be fine." Not everyone can play every sub perfectly, but we have an excess of points available to make up the difference on missed points. I got green checks on the first 3 subs, cleared 4/2 on the next sub and had to slow down in the last two subs. We'd identified the problem by then, so how much should I have played in the last two days to earn the big prize?

People complained about this for days. The problem was simple to verify with math. A message two days ago including the real target score would have given people the information they needed to make the best decisions for themselves. Awarding prizes based on the lowered point threshold is an attempt to set things as they should have been, but ignores the problems caused by the lack of information.
  • Vhailorx
    commandpoints.png
    JVReal wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

It is possible to mine the 2cp without grinding 4/6 (or 2/6 on everything). I did that.

I dont think its that big a deal. I knew that there was some risk when i made the choice to stop, and i am ok missing those extra rewards (though i would like having them).

But my point is that demi is taking the position that we players just need to grind all the time every time, even if they make a mistake. And then we get to hope that they will fix any mistakes retroactively. That seems wrong to me. If someone should bear the downside risk for demi/d3 mistakes, it should be demi/d3. Not players.
  • Vhailorx
    JVReal wrote:

I ask my kids to have all their chores done when I get home. I mention no reward. I get home and 2 of the 3 did their chores. I reward 2... am I punishing the 3rd?

But your analogy is wrong.

Here is a more accurate housework analogy:

You ask your kids to do an unreasonably large armount of chores for a specific reward. 2/3 of the kids do most, but not all of the chores. 1 kid looks at the amount of chores you requested, realizes that it is unreasonable, and stops doing chores after most of the work, but less than the other two. You return home, announce that you asked for an unreasonable amount of work, declare that a reasonable mount would have been more than the 1 kid did, but less than the other 2. You give the full reward to the two kids.

Have you punished the 1 kid relative to the other 2? I kinda think so. I also think that you have acted in an'arbitrary and capricious' manner to use a legal term of art.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

But your analogy is wrong.

Here is a more accurate housework analogy:

You ask your kids to do an unreasonably large armount of chores for a specific reward. 2/3 of the kids do most, but not all of the chores. 1 kid looks at the amount of chores you requested, realizes that it is unreasonable, and stops doing chores after most of the work, but less than the other two. You return home, announce that you asked for an unreasonable amount of work, declare that a reasonable mount would have been more than the 1 kid did, but less than the other 2. You give the full reward to the two kids.

Have you punished the 1 kid relative to the other 2? I kinda think so. I also think that you have acted in an'arbitrary and capricious' manner to use a legal term of art.

Nope....if I told them to do it as the parent, they should have done it. icon_e_biggrin.gif

But for this analogy, as the parent, it's up to my discretion to look at what they did and say I think you did enough that you deserve the full reward for trying your best to complete it. But the other one, for not even trying, you don't get the reward.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got a Heart of Darkness token?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    And then CPS comes in and takes your kids away because you're an unfit parent.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, everyone.

Here's an update from Demiurge regarding progression rewards for the Enemy of the State event:
      "The score to achieve the top three progression rewards for the Enemy of the State Story event that started on October 27 was set higher than what we want them to be. The rewards required scores that were higher than four clears of each normal mission. We have reduced the scores required to achieve the top three progression rewards for future runs of the event. Players that scored high enough to receive these rewards on this run of the event will receive the Iso-8, Tokens, and Command Points they would have received later today. Players who achieved a score higher than the current top progression reward will receive an extra Enemy of the State Vault token. We thank everyone who participated in the event and appreciate the feedback we received."

Thank you.

I just got a Heart of Darkness token... I think someone made a mistake, considering the event was Enemy of the State.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I just got a Heart of Darkness token... I think someone made a mistake, considering the event was Enemy of the State.

Same here. Heart of Darkness token and some ISO. Whaa?