Most boring PvP to date!

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Having only two characters makes the AI's suboptimal play style even more glaring....
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    This event was awful. It made Moonstone/ 2Daken seem an improvement.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    My highest are 288 Iron Fist and Grocket and every single opponent is level 370+ boosted 4s.
  • Just adding my name to the list. This is probably the worst event MPQ has ever had--even worse than Galactus 1. After grinding to 300+ points I'm done. I'm done with events that are chores.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Iron Fist and Kamala.

I get attacked by

Champed Black Spiderman and Hood.

I guess I literally became the cupcake.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I have Iron Fist and Kamala.

I get attacked by

Champed Black Spiderman and Hood.

I guess I literally became the cupcake.

That's people baking off you as, to use the lingo, 'a seal' for other 5* rosters because game is now pay to play 5* rosters only
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This game's PVP system is so **** broken it beggars belief.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I entered the event hoping it wasn't as bad as everyone is saying and there were no seed teams, just IF and IMHB.. this is ridiculous. Maybe it could have been decent if there were preset Teams or special bonuses for using real teams such as +20% damage for using Rogers and Winter Solider instead of just using your best two characters.

This is not an event you try during Anniversary, this should have been off season. The devs stated in the video they hope to have this event again.. let's hope not.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    This event is another prime example of why we need some pvp events where everyone works from the same tools.

Like 8 pairs to choose from, all the same level, and duke it out.

Pvp is just a roster check and this intensified it.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I entered the event hoping it wasn't as bad as everyone is saying and there were no seed teams, just IF and IMHB.. this is ridiculous. Maybe it could have been decent if there were preset Teams or special bonuses for using real teams such as +20% damage for using Rogers and Winter Solider instead of just using your best two characters.

This is not an event you try during Anniversary, this should have been off season. The devs stated in the video they hope to have this event again.. let's hope not.

I think this event would be fine if they fixed the MMR to work correctly (i.e. take into account your top 2 characters and not your top 3). Whether you trust them to actually do that is a separate issue.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Not going to read through the whole thread, but I agree that this was a terrible, terrible event. So glad to be done with it.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Wow, I didn't think it was THAT bad. There were some very effective pairings out there.

Not completely thought thru ... abilities that affect 2 characters now affect the entire enemy team, all AOEs were essentially "discounted", and any power relying on / scaling off of the presence of allies was also affected.

Forcing a 3v3 game that's been developing for 3yrs into a 2v2 straitjacket deserves more thought. It needs a rebalance unto itself.

The MMR screwup meant this event never had a chance. Effective pairings don't help the fact that you're facing enemies 100+ levels higher than you.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forcing a 3v3 game that's been developing for 3yrs into a 2v2 straitjacket deserves more thought. It needs a rebalance unto itself.
    Seeing the usual 3 nodes, only the right one "greyed out" told me right when I started just how much care went into crafting this marvelous event.

They could have, like, tested this a few off-seasons ago instead of introducing a completely new format during anniversary week.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too though was cycling through the same 7-8 people forever. I kinda want to see what kind of matchmaking happens if they created a 1v1 event.
    That's easy... we'd all be flipping back and forth between the same two whales running a lv550 whatever...
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Good idea, terrible execution.
    Should have been locked to particular duos or at least they're only buffed when together with their pal. And MMR really needs to put rosters with champed 5s into the elite brackets so us 4* players aren't fighting guys 100-200 levels (un/buffed) above us.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This event is another prime example of why we need some pvp events where everyone works from the same tools.

Like 8 pairs to choose from, all the same level, and duke it out.

Pvp is just a roster check and this intensified it.
    This would be pretty terrible - BoP levels of terrible.

The most frustrating part of PvP is spinning your wheels. You win a couple fights for 30 points, but lose 60 in the process. The stronger your roster, the less you spin your wheels (or the higher you are able to get before you start spinning rather), and so there is incentive to progress. An event like BoP where everyone is on the same level just makes for much more wheel spinning earlier on.

They kind of do this in PvE with Heroics......they are terrible and lots of people just skip them altogether.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, thank you devs for trying something different. what actually happened was a big fat negative though. MMR on this thing sucked big time and it was a total health pack drain. I haven't had to dip into tacos for pack in several seasons and I had to go get 3 sets for this one. and scoring so tough I had to break down and use a 24hr to make progression. that hasn't happened in about 5-6 months.

keep trying. maybe it would have been different if it was limited to the boosted list, or even the bff pairs. that woulda taken 5s off the table and everyone woulda just run kp thing instead of 5*/5* or 5*/boosted 4.

oh, and boosted miles sucks lol.
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    The worst event ever!
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I gotta say that I actually liked it pretty well. I found that with ProfX and Iceman, I could hide and stun reasonably well enough to get through most matches that came up. I for some reason did not run into the all 5s all the time issues that others seemed to be having.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concur. I'm not at 5* level - 3* transition to 4*. All I see are boosted champed 4* and 6-9 cover 5*, worth 25-35 pts. Every match is a risk. I can't compete with that. I managed to get to 400 and then got squashed down to 270 in 4 hours.

I don't know how to progress in this situatioin. I can win (sometimes) against the teams I'm presented, at the cost of 2-3 health packs. I do that three times, then I get smashed down to fewer points than I had initially.

I feel like I'm doing it wrong.