Most boring PvP to date!

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I disagree with the the subject header though... it's not the most boring PvP, because I can't be bored by something I can barely play. I have no champed 5*s, and EVERY tinykitty MATCH I see is against champed 5*s. I'm pretty damn sure there are more than a dozen people playing, but you'd never know it based on what I'm seeing.

FWIW, I've climbed past 1100 against a lot of champed 5s with a 405 OML and 389 Thing. Yeah there's a few similar strength OMLs + PX in the mix early, but after 700ish I fought the 450s with little issue.

I too though was cycling through the same 7-8 people forever. I kinda want to see what kind of matchmaking happens if they created a 1v1 event.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Both cage PvP's are worse by a lot.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    I hate this PvP. This is the worst PvP we've had yet. Constant 5* matches and maxed Thing or Kingpin? The basis for this PvP is sound but the execution has led to totally stale and completely frustrating gameplay.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I gotta say, I just am not having fun this anniversary. Its like they want to punish us for playing. I tried to buy a stark pack and they blocked it, thank you E3. cascades are terrible for me the last 3 days. I swear there is a guy high up in one of the companies that literally gets off on player misery and he likes to make things stupid so he can be happy with other peoples misery.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been joking with folks that the PVP's are -always- (4*/5*) - (Irrelevant character [loaner or 3*]) - (4*/5*). With some push-back! I've started to figure out why...

AW, IS THERE ONLY ONE OTHER CHARACTER INSTEAD OF TWO THAT TRIGGER OML TILES ALL THE TIME?!?

More evidence that OML is way OP and needs a nerf.
  • Sixpak
    Sixpak Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    It's frustrating... there have been some bad pvps but playable. This one is just a waste of time now. I skip and waste ISO and can't find a single match that I have a chance against. Bad execution on this...
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I don't like double or triple attack the same players. But I can't find suitable player to attack in this PVP. MPQ gave us double iso to find players.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jumped in tonight, no seed teams, dual champ 5 star.png s from match 1

good times
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Terrible.

Another supposed to lose failure.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have to be honest, even though I've made my target (thanks boosted champ thing) My mmr was ridiculous but also inconsistent.

Before 650 I saw 4* teams

Between 650 and 800 it was 420 old man phoenix teams

After 800 it was back to 4* teams. Dunno why that occurred as all last season my mmr was both fair and consisitent.

I agree with many other that non best friend teams should have been locked then people couldn't use old man phoenix and would be forced to use the teams the event was designed for.

Oh well you can only learn from mistakes by making them...you will learn from this....right devs?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Actually this PVP showed that OML isn't the dangerous one in the pairing with Phoenix.

With only two people he only heals 2/3 back, and with Phoenix strike tiles out, he dies very very quickly.

I never wiped so much in PVP, good thing it only took two instead of three HP to recover.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    If i had a level 405 IM46, I would use him. If I had a level 405 black bolt, I would use him. If I had a level 405 BSS I would use him. Unfortunately, RNG has gifted me only with a level 405 oml and phoenix...
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    scottee wrote:
    MMR might just be messed up because many people punched above their weight class during the off season events. I know it always happens after Balance of Power, but not sure about the off-season PVP's we had.

That's certainly not true for me, with the new SCL, I hit 575 and quit after the 10 CP. I could go higher no problem, but I don't want to. MMR in BFF was way off from normal. And I say WAS, instead of IS...because I am done with this event too.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I've been joking with folks that the PVP's are -always- (4*/5*) - (Irrelevant character [loaner or 3*]) - (4*/5*). With some push-back! I've started to figure out why...

AW, IS THERE ONLY ONE OTHER CHARACTER INSTEAD OF TWO THAT TRIGGER OML TILES ALL THE TIME?!?

I've had way more problems clearing PHX and IM46, even Surfer than I have OML this PvP.

You keep screaming from the rooftops, even though the people who actually have all the characters in the tier say he's not even top 5. Maybe breathe for a bit.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The MMR is awful, no doubt. Any 350+ KP / Thing teams are auto-skip for me, as are Fistbuster, Fist+OML, Fist+X. Clearly the game is calculating scaling the way it would if you could use 3 characters instead of accounting for the fact that you only have 2.

But OML plus not-so-fast guys? Not as much of a problem. I'm finding Daredevil + Kamala quite effective against them, since it only takes 9 blue to start a stunlock, and 8 red starts laying Ambush traps. Radar Sense is available to take out any strike tiles if OML plants them.

Anyway I got my 400. Not sure I'll bother to push any farther.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I feel like this event is supposed to waste health packs. Constantly fighting 300+ 4/5 stars when your highest is 275 is such a grind. I made it to 100 and got smashed into oblivion and am back down to 54
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I've had way more problems clearing PHX and IM46, even Surfer than I have OML this PvP.

You keep screaming from the rooftops, even though the people who actually have all the characters in the tier say he's not even top 5. Maybe breathe for a bit.

I echo the above. I was forced to fight several more types of 5*s than normal thanks to MMR, and BB/PHX/IM46 caused alot of wipes. BSSM and green goblin I just chickened out completely and avoided because NOPE

I think I wiped to OML once because he cascaded and transformed, but mostly he's a predictable bystander that doesn't do much. He's the ultimate schoolyard bully that took your lunch money when you were in grade school because he got his growth spurt early. But when you grow up and run into him later as an adult, he's just a regular guy.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    So far I'm seeing tons of ThingPin. Not quite as many OMLs as I had expected.

The drawback to my ProfFist plan is I take a lot of hits from 3* champ teams. I'm about 75% successful of defending most times (yeah, a champion Prof X built around boosting special tiles is rough), but I'm pulling in like 10 points from defenses for every 30-40 point drop on a loss. And I'm still sitting in the 500-600 range right now.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    xcience wrote:
    My basic experience with this is that I see nothing but 450 + level 5 Star teams. As soon as I broke over 1200... The only teams AR 2 star teams.

Buh? This wacky game.

I'm not upset, but I do think it's odd they didn't hotfix the Matchmaking balancing your 2-team as if it were a 3-team.

I got just above 800 with lovable old fistbuster, until it became a nearly-impossible-to-skip wall of 380+ Thingpins. Thought I might get to the tokens in the 800s but Iceman 272/Luke Cage 350 beat me down, (dunno how they champed Cage already or why I tried to fight him). I'd shield hop but, eh.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Most of my enemies was OML level 300+ and Thing level 350+... funny as hell, all my 5*s are at default level and none of my 4* was powered so all were level 270 or lower... pathetic ballance, i stuck at 500 points.