Most boring PvP to date!

Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
While I appreciate that you guys tried to do something new with the BFF PvP, the execution didn't work. Now that you're only fighting 2v2, I get to fight through endless waves of OML/PHX or OML/SS pairings.

You should have been limited to the boosted characters on the list and left the 5*s out of it. Next time just call it Loganfest and get it over with.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree. I was also hoping for a limited event where you had to play a pair of BFFs. They could have done it that way and given you loaners if you didn't have one character.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    All my opponents are at least 75 levels higher than my highest ranked characters. What is going on here?!?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree. I was also hoping for a limited event where you had to play a pair of BFFs. They could have done it that way and given you loaners if you didn't have one character.

That would have been awesome, but extremely difficult to balance the teams. Would a 4*/1* be better than a 3*/2* team? But a team like Bucky/LCap would have a big advantage over teams that had to use a 2* or 1*.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    While I appreciate that you guys tried to do something new with the BFF PvP, the execution didn't work. Now that you're only fighting 2v2, I get to fight through endless waves of OML/PHX or OML/SS pairings.

As opposed to fighting through a random irrelevant 3* and those pairings?

Double iso > everything. They could have an event where everyone fights 1 v 1 with a loaner 550 OML and if it was double iso, i'd still play the excrement out of it.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    All of the above. I cannot find a team that is not waaaaay above me, and had to skip 8! teams in a row to avoid OML/Phoenix! That's a big time ****! Plus I played one team came out of the first fight, to see I was hit twice. Sheesh.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Agree. The matches I have are way, way above my competitive range. I lost enough to decide to quit playing for awhile. Not particularly festive.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Agreed. Alliance-mates and I loved the concept and were really looking forward to this one, assuming it would involve teams of thematically grouped pairs only. By making every character available, the BFF theme of the event is null and void, and just feels like a **** PVP with one character slot missing. It's a shame, too, as it would be a really fun concept if executed properly. Devs, please consider implementing it as-such if it ever runs again!
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:

As opposed to fighting through a random irrelevant 3* and those pairings?

Double iso > everything. They could have an event where everyone fights 1 v 1 with a loaner 550 OML and if it was double iso, i'd still play the excrement out of it.

You have to be able to win more than 50% of your matches for double ISO to actually mean anything. The opponents that I get to choose from don't facilitate that process.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My post from another thread:
    snlf25 wrote:
    BFF is a big struggle for me too. I just don't have the roster to line up with the buffs so the best I can put out is cagefist or fistbuster. Neither of those are worth anything against all the OML and Phoenix teams I'm seeing. The Anniversary Sim was nice though. Already got my 800 point 4cage. icon_e_biggrin.gif. I earned over 80K Iso today so you won't see me whining about anything. icon_lol.gif

My hope is to at least get and be able to keep about 300-400 points and then hopefully knock the others out of the park so I can get my free Anniversary 10 pack progression prize. I don't know, I'm pretty worried about making it. My plan was to get the Peggy from this vault hopefully, reset and then use the freebie on the new vault but I don't know if I'm going to make it with such a poor showing in this event. If not, I've finished up my Earth's mightiest and got my green Iceman and I've already raked in over 138,000 ISO so I'm happy.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I don't know if the event concept is bad as much as the extremely bad match making algorithm.
    My highest level character is a hulkbuster at level 302.
    Due to the flaw of the randomness of getting the correct five star covers, they are not leveled yet.

So why am I seeing level 400 OML/PHX?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed the wildly changed MMR as well - I have probably spent about 500 ISO on skips, and have yet to find a match-up that doesn't include a champion 4 star or 350+ 5-star. I have a nearly champed three star roster, no maxed 4-stars. and a single level 255 3-cover 5-star. Usually I'd find mainly max three-star teams (and even a few maxed two stars here and there) up to 300 - not so with this PvP.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Good idea, bad implementation. First pvp on 3rd anniversary is total fail.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I'm just dumbfounded at how this turned out. It's basically nothing but 5 * matches.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Terrible idea. If you don't have useable 5* or well covered boosted 4* (which I don't) it is virtually impossible to climb. I just sneaked my way to 500 points to get the 6000 iso but it used all my health packs. Not one bit of fun was had. That's me done for that event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    DalekGAF wrote:
    I'm just dumbfounded at how this turned out. It's basically nothing but 5 * matches.
    So it's just like every other pvp event for the last several seasons
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    My highest boosted is lvl 301 Groot followed by 291 Kamala and 288 Beast yet at the 100 progression mark, i'm facing a lvl 381 ProfX/ 384 Thing.

At this point i'm not sure if i shld continue. The effort doesnt seem worth the prizes
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    72258332.jpg
  • Should change the topic to WORST PVP ever. icon_evil.gif
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Have to add my post in agreement here. Cool idea with bad result. I usually only aim to get the 300 point token in PVP, but this just isn't fun. I can only fight Hulkbuster/OML/Pheonix/ProfX/Kingpin/Fury so many times
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I'm curious, is this one of those "You are supposed to lose!!" events because it really feels like that.