Hit 13 times in one hour by one person

Comments

• SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I got a better analogy - buddy hits a guy in a match 5 game and his teammates at least 5-6x every event for the past month or longer. No big deal. It's a game - some people play that way. Guy hits buddy back 13x when he has his chance. No big deal. It's a game - some people play that way.

Comparing this to punching people in the face and causing bodily harm is asinine.

SpiderJesus has spoken - don't punch each other in the face 13x, k?
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    SpiderKev wrote:
    I got a better analogy - buddy hits a guy in a match 5 game and his teammates at least 5-6x every event for the past month or longer. No big deal. It's a game - some people play that way. Guy hits buddy back 13x when he has his chance. No big deal. It's a game - some people play that way.

Comparing this to punching people in the face and causing bodily harm is asinine.

I'm also disappointed that it wasn't 14x, but I guess it was once for each apostle and once for yourself.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    SpiderKev wrote:

I think SipderJesus just won the Internet. Ash to ash, dust to dust. Can we lock this baby up now?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    I think SipderJesus just won the Internet. Ash to ash, dust to dust. Can we lock this baby up now?

Agreed.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aww...this has been the most entertaining thread on the forum in like, ever.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    Aww...this has been the most entertaining thread on the forum in like, ever.

Sometimes - just sometimes, mind you - when left to its own devices, the Internet sorts itself out.

See, an analogy for that is like, you're riding a train, no, a bus, and 13 ninjas get on...
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The one thing that I hope people get out of this thread is that people rarely get enforced from being a jerk by accident, and you shouldn't live in fear of hitting the wrong person once or even twice and getting retaliated against 13 times. It takes a lot of effort (usually intentionally) on your part to piss someone or someone's alliance off enough to get that kind of special attention.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, Fightmaster, that is a good point to raise. In my case (and several of my longest-running alliance mates) it is particularly appropriate. Way back in the days of yore, my buddies and I fought tooth and nail to hit max prog in Versus events. Then I decided to see about these kooky battlechats I kept reading about here. Well what do you know, but more than a few people quickly responded with "Thank hell those guys are in here now, so they can stop sniping us!" or "**** those guys, they snipe me all the time!" And after a couple of apologies for our uncivilized behavior born of ignorance off we went, happily into tomorrow. Likewise, I was invited some time later into a much larger BC in an attempt to get me to stop "sniping" a significant portion of the bunch there. I was not hammered into oblivion but offered a handshake. Since then, I've enjoyed the game a great deal more.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SpiderKev wrote:
    It would've been 14 but you put your shield up.

Interesting how times change. I guess it really can be a game where anyone can play they way they want - #check rooms or not, eh?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hit 3 times by one player in 30 minutes, but never 13 in one hour (they stopped likely because they lost the fourth time)

I think i broke exactly even on that deal somehow
    BtchK4GD.gif
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Wow, Lazarus thread.

I don't think I've ever hit anyone three times. I think I've double-tapped someone on a few occasions, and I never felt good about it and always hoped they were hopping and about to shield. Sometimes you get up to 875 or so and there are almost no winnable matches, and then the person you just beat is served to you again.

I mean, I feel bad, but daddy wants them points, y'know?
  • Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94
    This is why I've never been a fan of PvP in any game. One person wins and gains something, while the other doesn't and loses points or time or exp or something. It feels dirty to me when I PvP because I know that the node I am selecting has points that belong to another player, and I have to be greedy enough to think 'I want a digital tinykitty item enough to steal this guys time, points and chances of getting a similar reward'. Possibly upsetting him IRL if he has thin skin, maybe cause him to kick his dog or be tinykitty to another human and pass the hate along. I'll climb late because those opponents are mostly people that stole from others, so it feels better to steal from thieves. The whole thing is pretty stupid imo.

Then you get griefers who camp specific people, going out of their way to ruin another player's fun. I guess they're called "Enforcers" in this game? Lipstick -> pig -> still a pig.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Mercalla wrote:
    Then you get griefers who camp specific people, going out of their way to ruin another player's fun. I guess they're called "Enforcers" in this game? Lipstick -> pig -> still a pig.

What they are called is all a matter of perspective. If they are your friends and you approve of their actions they are enforcers or hunters, if they are hitting you and your friends they are snipers or suppressors.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Mercalla wrote:
    This is why I've never been a fan of PvP in any game. One person wins and gains something, while the other doesn't and loses points or time or exp or something. It feels dirty to me when I PvP because I know that the node I am selecting has points that belong to another player, and I have to be greedy enough to think 'I want a digital tinykitty item enough to steal this guys time, points and chances of getting a similar reward'. Possibly upsetting him IRL if he has thin skin, maybe cause him to kick his dog or be tinykitty to another human and pass the hate along. I'll climb late because those opponents are mostly people that stole from others, so it feels better to steal from thieves. The whole thing is pretty stupid imo.

This is probably the most backwards thinking in this entire necro thread. More often than not those points you are stealing are from people that actually spent the last couple days working together to try to hit their progression/placement goals, and here you come in to poop all over them. If you think coming in at the last minute to steal from those that have been working all event is noble, then I think you might be confused as to who the real pigs are in this game.
  • Mercalla
    Mercalla wrote:

This is probably the most backwards thinking in this entire necro thread. More often than not those points you are stealing are from people that actually spent the last couple days working together to try to hit their progression/placement goals, and here you come in to poop all over them. If you think coming in at the last minute to steal from those that have been working all event is noble, then I think you might be confused as to who the real pigs are in this game.

I said it feels 'better' to steal from thieves, nothing in there even implying being noble. I even ended that thought with "the whole this is pretty stupid". My bad for trying to have empathy for people I've never met, and express the base issue I see in any PvP model that gates rewards on who can hurt the most people. I'll try to suppress that and take what I want, when I want it, tinykitty other people. Am I doing it right? #sarcasm
  • Fightmastermpq
    Mercalla wrote:
    Mercalla wrote:

I said it feels 'better' to steal from thieves, nothing in there even implying being noble. I even ended that thought with "the whole this is pretty stupid". My bad for trying to have empathy for people I've never met, and express the base issue I see in any PvP model that gates rewards on who can hurt the most people. I'll try to suppress that and take what I want, when I want it, tinykitty other people. Am I doing it right? #sarcasm
    What a cop-out. "This is stupid, but I do it too.....only it's OK when I do it because I'm stealing from theives." Pfft.

It's not necessarily about hurting the most people, and the meta that is widely accepted is to actually try to avoid hurting others as much as possible.

You are trying to justify your own **** behavior by acting like the only way the system works is for people to behave in a **** manner, but it isn't.
  • Mercalla
    Or, maybe I'm trying to draw attention to a bad reward model that encourages things like what this necro thread is all about. You look at somebody getting hit 13 times and think "suck it up sunshine". I look at it and think "why is this necessary? Isn't there a better way?"
  • Mercalla
    I'll even propose a better model. What if the only negative point hit was if you lost a game that you initiated? You are in total control of your progression, and nobody would care how many times you get hit by the same person.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Mercalla wrote:
    I'll even propose a better model. What if the only negative point hit was if you lost a game that you initiated? You are in total control of your progression, and nobody would care how many times you get hit by the same person.

Scores would be in the many tens of thousands if no points were lost. How often do you lose a match you initiated? 1% of the time?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    Mercalla wrote:

Scores would be in the many tens of thousands if no points were lost. How often do you lose a match you initiated? 1% of the time?
    And of course progression rewards would be adjusted accordingly and you'd need something like 25,000 points to get all progression rewards.
This discussion has been closed.