Simulator Basics part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Mar 21-30)

Options

Comments

• I had Ares with all the covers but only at level 16. I spent all 60k iso on him and now I have a proper tank to keep playing and doing something decent. I guess that having the right characters makes a big difference.
  • Why the hell is 2* cap not getting major buff for this event?.. Was looking forward to placing uber yellow protect tiles :p
  • Why you tinykitty developers!

I just realized that without an Alliance you cannot get LazyCap Blue cover. ****?!
  • yep the blue cover is alliance only. The 230 level guys have arrived goodie
  • level 230 Patch and BP is no joke, I thought magneto and hood were bad
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    level 230 Patch and BP is no joke, I thought magneto and hood were bad

Take a Loki if you have one. Let hilarity ensue
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

Take a Loki if you have one. Let hilarity ensue

Loki is definitely the key!!!
  • Yea I have used Loki a few times but have now opted for Marvel now mags and spidey. They don't see a turn
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    ...the heck?
    You're grinding _way_ too much if you're seeing those at 230.
    Mine are sitting on 121 in the hard bracket right now, and I've done one complete run through both subs, and then each high point mission three times.

That's easily enough for top 2 in the main and both subs, and keeps scaling in check (for now).
  • I have completed the easy and hard mode, all nodes and stacks just about twice now
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    ...the heck?
    You're grinding _way_ too much if you're seeing those at 230.
    Mine are sitting on 121 in the hard bracket right now, and I've done one complete run through both subs, and then each high point mission three times.

That's easily enough for top 2 in the main and both subs, and keeps scaling in check (for now).

I am really trying to minimize the number of missions I do staying close to max rubber band length until the second to last refresh. Okay I will not place highly in any sub but should make top 50 in the main. There seems to be a fair amount of community scaling however.
  • What are the largest/smallest nodes in hard mode base points worth? Trying to see where I'm at with rubberbanding
  • Just for information the full base points for the mission with no rubber banding for Normal are as follows

Sim 1 - 50
    Sim 2 - 70
    Sim 3 - 100
    Sim 4 - 120
    Sim 5 - 50
    Sim 6 - 70
    Sim 7 - 100
    Sim 8 - 170
    Sim 9 - 170
    Sim 10 - 150

For a total of 1050 or 3150 maximum clear. Meaning its easy to do 20K points at maximum rubber band length on one refresh.

For the Hard Mode they all double.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    Just for information the full base points for the mission with no rubber banding for Normal are as follows

Sim 1 - 50
    Sim 2 - 70
    Sim 3 - 100
    Sim 4 - 120
    Sim 5 - 50
    Sim 6 - 70
    Sim 7 - 100
    Sim 8 - 170
    Sim 9 - 170
    Sim 10 - 150

For a total of 1050 or 3150 maximum clear. Meaning its easy to do 20K points at maximum rubber band length on one refresh.

Thanks! Though if you do full grinds, might be looking at 230ish pretty fast. I take this one more as a marathon than sprint.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Do 5 man alliances have a chance at the cover? I am not trying to be snarky I honestly don't know how many 10-20 member alliances there are or how high any 5 man teams managed to place in the last event.

The hulk event gave out Lazy Thor covers to the top 6666 in unbracketed play. I know this is not a direct comparison because solo scores are running chances for covers as well but if only the top 250 Alliances get a cover that is at MAXIMUM 5000 people. True they are throwing a lot of HP around also, and I admit that would be nice but I can take it or leave it, all that would matter to me is if I am shut out of cover range or not.

The only way to know that is if members from an alliance ranked 100 - 250 chimes in here with alliance size and points. Even then, that doesn't mean that a 5 person alliance has a chance at the cover, because it's still day 1 of the event, and other larger alliances may still have players who haven't made point contributions yet. So it is an assumption either way by saying a 5 man can or can't get a cover.

So as of right now i am part of a 6 person alliance and ranked 403. May have dropped some since this post. I currently have 25 k+ points myself and the team has 68k+. So assuming the alliance i joined is semi competitve (as i know no one in the alliance) a 250 spot could be in reach. I dont believe there are as many 17-20 person teams out there as everyone is speculating.

I alone cover a third of my teams points. So if two others in my alliance are like me then when/if the other three join (albeit semi competitive) we could get the blue LC.

On another note, on one of my super casual accounts (day 4 after a month of play) the alliance i joined with it showed there were at least 5,163 alliances.

I am always looking to join a competitive alliance so if anyone would have a spot please feel free to message me.

Edit: i do pay to play so i am not looking for a hand me out (but will take it if you're willing to give it). I can pay for a roster slot.
  • So as of right now i am part of a 6 person alliance and ranked 403. May have dropped some since this post. I currently have 25 k+ points myself and the team has 68k+. So assuming the alliance i joined is semi competitve (as i know no one in the alliance) a 250 spot could be in reach. I dont believe there are as many 17-20 person teams out there as everyone is speculating.

I alone cover a third of my teams points. So if two others in my alliance are like me then when/if the other three join (albeit semi competitive) we could get the blue LC.
    My alliance (Wyldside - 5p) is in a similar position. #390 with 74K, but I haven't started playing yet so I agree that a top 250 should be doable. Perhaps some in your alliance do the same as I do and join the last day for a 1-2 rotation strategy. Levels keep climbing for me and are around 80-90 with only the Simulation 5 mission being near 110. I want to avoid fighting these teams multiple times so I will probably clear the last rotation for max points or maybe the last 2 if I get bored waiting. At the moment, the most points a mission gives in Hard is 3400 (Simulation 8 + 9) so I think I can get ~25-30K from the Hard and half of that from the Easy without much trouble.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5201

Confirmed 5 man alliance top 100
  • One day into it and I'm already sick of seeing 20 ISO.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Just for information the full base points for the mission with no rubber banding for Normal are as follows

Sim 1 - 50
    Sim 2 - 70
    Sim 3 - 100
    Sim 4 - 120
    Sim 5 - 50
    Sim 6 - 70
    Sim 7 - 100
    Sim 8 - 170
    Sim 9 - 170
    Sim 10 - 150

Thumbs up. I would also love to see this added to the first post. Very helpful information for people to know when they reach maximum rubberbanding or when resets have occurred.

3,000 points from one Sim 10 sounds tasty.
  • Could someone inform me as to how much time is currently remaining in subs?