Simulator Basics part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Mar 21-30)

Options

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also because people have access to their full rosters means that the event is easier for a lot of people, especially with access to healers.
    This will cause the scaling to increase exponentially compared to the heroic juggs event.

Scaling seems to function a lot better without healers, but with them, it just ruins the scaling.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Since playing close to the end gives more points, I hope they change the end time for half the subs to a more convenient time for EU players. If not, then getting even a top 10 will be almost impossible. Unless, of course someone can stay up until 4-6 am.
    Nah, I find it easier to go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 4am.
  • It would be nice if the community scaling held off at least until after you had done each node once. IceIX, any chance we can implement that?
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    It would be nice if the community scaling held off at least until after you had done each node once. IceIX, any chance we can implement that?

Well, it only seems fair to me not to. I mean, rubberbanding gets the point gain up to 10x. You want that? Then you need to battle a bit harder of those that got much less points from that node. It balances by itself really.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Since playing close to the end gives more points, I hope they change the end time for half the subs to a more convenient time for EU players. If not, then getting even a top 10 will be almost impossible. Unless, of course someone can stay up until 4-6 am.
    I expect it to be run the same as the previous PVEs the first half will finish at the current time, the second half of subs will finish 6 hours earlier.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:
    It would be nice if the community scaling held off at least until after you had done each node once. IceIX, any chance we can implement that?

Well, it only seems fair to me not to. I mean, rubberbanding gets the point gain up to 10x. You want that? Then you need to battle a bit harder of those that got much less points from that node. It balances by itself really.
    Agreed, I can't speak for all, but the current system seems to be working for me. Getting decent rewards for decent fights, beginning to need to use health packs between bouts. expect i'll have some 200+ opponents when I come back to the game this evening.
  • Badlands wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    I expect it to be run the same as the previous PVEs the first half will finish at the current time, the second half of subs will finish 6 hours earlier.

There is no spare time in the event if all 4 subs are 2.5 days. Anyhow with the subs being this long half will finish 4-6am and half 4-6pm in the EU
  • Emeryt wrote:

I like the size of your sig. Still looks cool and isn't as big.
  • Emeryt wrote:

I like the size of your sig. Still looks cool and isn't as big.
    "If You know what I mean", right? icon_twisted.gif

Yeah, we got some feedback from people to make it smaller. So here it is icon_e_smile.gif. Hopefully the rest of the Alliances will follow shortly (and they probably will, as we always lead the way - we were first to introduce Alliance logo) icon_e_wink.gif .
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Narkon wrote:

This is what I plan to do. Of course, I might just wake up at 4am, say screw it, and go back to sleep.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Narkon wrote:

This is what I plan to do. Of course, I might just wake up at 4am, say screw it, and go back to sleep.
    happened to me in the beginnings. never again. I totally changed my sleeping habits - now I sleep like a newborn - 3hrs sleep, 2hrs grinding, 3hrs sleep.
  • Maybe go see a doctor if your newborn grinds for two hours nightly.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're just a step across the last refresh threshold and I am already dropping rapidly from first.

It's almost as if most players don't read the forums or care about strategy.
  • I wonder if the level gonna reset.... after this sub event. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    I wonder if the level gonna reset.... after this sub event. icon_e_confused.gif

Yes. But if memory serves it bounced back quicker each time. Now they may have tweaked it, or we may be in trouble.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    We're just a step across the last refresh threshold and I am already dropping rapidly from first.

They're trying to help us with progression rewards through rubber banding. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:

I do sometimes wonder about just how small the percentage of the playerbase that tries to play somewhat optimally is. I suspect it's at best...a hundred players? Of 100K? Eesh.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I do sometimes wonder about just how small the percentage of the playerbase that tries to play somewhat optimally is. I suspect it's at best...a hundred players? Of 100K? Eesh.
    I think estimating in percentages might be more viable. I'd say 10-20%, no more.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I think estimating in percentages might be more viable. I'd say 10-20%, no more.

If it's over 1% I'll max out Bagman before putting any more iso in to another character.
  • I was keeping track of stats yesterday and by the time I hit the no rubbeband area I exhausted half of the available points in my hard bracket and was 800 ahead of #2, which is a very comfortable lead at that point given the base mission values in that bracket is 50-170 and whoever is #2 obviously also exhausted most of his high point missions, and I started around 20th in my sub bracket so it's not like I started out way behind.

Therefore there's really not much point to try to time the system because the overall sub bracket leader is generally so far ahead of everyone, that person almost never changes when you go to the end and as long as that guy does not change, the timing of the rest of the players do not matter because all rubberbanding is based on that guy's score. Sure, you probably don't want to play at the earliest time possible (whoever is overall sub bracket leader probably hasn't had time to play yet), but it's not like that guy really has to worry about people catching up to him so he's got no reason to wait until the end.