R109: App won't open after update on Android

1235»

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got by by never closing the app, and just switching between tabs. Was a pest to get in the first day, then worked this way ever since.
  • I can only get in through a game notification. Then the game works for about a day, then it stops working and won't open again until the next notification comes through. This really sucks. Opened a support ticket, stating exactly what I had tried, and that none of it worked. And then I get a response that tells me to do exactly what I'd already done that didn't work. Do they not read the tickets?
  • Same here. I have to open and close the game many times before it will open. Getting frustrated.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Really hope for compensation tokens after this...
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    It has been over a week and still no update on this issue. It is effecting a lot of players and needs to be addressed. If a fix is coming, let us know. If you have no clue what is causing it, let us know. If you are aware of this issue and are still researching, let us know.

Do you see the pattern? Please let the players know you are aware of this problem and are either working on a solution or have a fix on its way.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Lampo wrote:
    Really hope for compensation tokens after this...

I raised a ticket for this, shortly after the release. Sadly they closed it as a known issue. I don't know how to rate service if they close tickets before fixes are implemented.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Pity that the good D3 has done lately is marred by this bug. I resisted chiming in, but the issue has been going on and on and on, I have to raise a voice.
  • Ruperty wrote:
    I have found some workaround for this problem. It works for me and I am hope it will work for you too.

Please try this "solution":
    - go to Google Play Store
    - find MPQ
    - press the Open (or Launch) button from the store
    - app should start normally

Please provide your feedback if it works for you or not

I have tried opening the game through the store. So far I have had 1 success and 1 failure. The failure had a process I had to kill and afterwards I could start the game. So it seems the play store works the same as the icon, for me at least.
    But thanks for the suggestion, it was definitely worth a try.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    PlasticCar wrote:
    Ruperty wrote:
    I have found some workaround for this problem. It works for me and I am hope it will work for you too.

Please try this "solution":
    - go to Google Play Store
    - find MPQ
    - press the Open (or Launch) button from the store
    - app should start normally

Please provide your feedback if it works for you or not

I have tried opening the game through the store. So far I have had 1 success and 1 failure. The failure had a process I had to kill and afterwards I could start the game. So it seems the play store works the same as the icon, for me at least.
    But thanks for the suggestion, it was definitely worth a try.

This works for me, but sometimes I have to go into my settings and force stop the app first.
  • I'm on an iPhone 5s and I'm also getting the same bug.

I really like a lot of the recent changes, it's just sad that now I feel more urge to play, the app is broken.

I thank D3 for their hard work, I know that bugs can be annoying, impossible to predict and difficult to fix we quickly as they'd like. Please fix it and your fans will be here to support you!
  • When will R110 be realised?

The only way I can now play is by un installing and reinstalling the game. It takes less than 25 force closes.

The responded I have had from D3 support have amateurish at best. When you log the request it asks for all the support details, what version, of android, what phone etc. Their first response is to ask the same questions!

They then send back a standard response, have tried this, can you try that etc. But if they had read the first mail I sent all the answers to their questions were already answered.

You really need to hurry up with this update or I am off.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    same problem
  • marswolf
    marswolf Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Same problem on LG G3, it only opens with push notifications.
  • I certainly hope we will be compensated. I put in a ticket, and support told me to force close and if that didn't work to uninstall and reinstall. I did both of those and the game froze after the tutorial. I've been able to load the game only 3 times, so I haven't played for days. When I unistalled, I'm sure it removed me from my alliance, and I am frustrated that I might not be able to get back in. Support said if the two fixes didn't work there was nothing else they could do, so I'm just waiting until the new release. So miserable.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    R110 seems to have me all fixed up again. Thanks for the fix! Hopefully, everyone else is fixed up, too.
  • I have the same issue and tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. I tried starting over and the app does not respond once Cap tries to make a match against Ultron.
  • repo
    repo Posts: 3
    bltmayo wrote:
    I have the same issue and tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. I tried starting over and the app does not respond once Cap tries to make a match against Ultron.

Ha ha ha same thing is happening to me, i love the way that the devs dont give updates on this as i have left feedback on the Google play store with no reply so far..

if im honest i cannot see that anyone will respond on here either, i even uninstalled and restarted (didnt want to) and it still doesnt bloody work
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I don't have to play the force close game any more but the game is back to crashing a lot which is worse.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Crashing every single time. Can we go back to the force close bug? At least then the game could be played not like now.