R109: App won't open after update on Android

Comments

• boomshaka40
    boomshaka40 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Looks like I have the same issues as the rest. Even after phone (S4) restarting I can log in sporadically. Once out I have to restart the phone again to have any chance of restarting the app correctly. Even then it is hit and miss.
  • I have to uninstall and reinstall several different times a day after Playing for a while I will get the black screen of aggravation. My screen name is wradford44 phones a samsung on 5 with teen mobile network
  • SAM
    SAM Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue, but after reinstalling the game won't retrieve my old username. I haven't been able to play for days,
  • I finally got it to work for 24 hours. It stopped again last night and I haven't been able to get it to open since. Someone please fix this mess....
  • I'm having the same issue. I play on 2 diff devices. An LG Stylo & an LG Stylo 2. I'm experiencing the same exact thing on both phones. I click on the shortcut for MPQ and nothing happens. When I check the diff tasks that are open on my phone tho, it shows a window for mpq but it's completely blank. Sometimes it will give me an error message saying it can't load mpq but mostly it just does nothing when I click the app shortcut. Ugh they seriously need to fix this asap. I'm missing out on covers and I was also almost done with the gauntlet. This sucks!!!
  • I have logged a ticket but the response wasn't very encouraging. Seems like if they do recompense people it will be en masse and not specific. So we will just get a few heroic tokens to open (as will everyone else who wasn't impacted by this). IMO they should at least gift people with the DDQ character covers that we are missing out.
    I never went big in the Gauntlet but am sure many of you did and will miss this and the ten pack this season.
    I find it hard to believe that they don't have the capabilities to do this, it is pretty shoddy really speaking as someone that works in the industry. Also they have not even put an official acknowledgment up to say that they screwed this update up royally. I cant believe that as serious an issue as this wasn't picked up by automated testing never mind any manual testing.
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I have the same issue on my Samsung tablet. However I have not seen the issue on my Samsung 7 active. Both running same version of the OS.
  • So I have multiple devices :
    - Google Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1 Sept patch - So far it works, but with horrible performance the longer I play.
    - NVidia Shield K1, Android 6.0.1 July patch - Does not load since the R109 update.
    - Azus Zenpad 8.0 (P01MA), Android 5.0 May Patch - Does not load since the R109 update.

I have not tested on my Pixel C as yet, but I'm not hopeful.
  • saliwok
    saliwok Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I was usually able to get MPQ running through the Play Store on my BlackBerry Priv. Having no luck at all, today. I guess we have to keep logging tickets, and wait for 109.1.
  • Running an LG G3 with marshmellow...same issues this morning. Cannot open even from app store. Very disappointing.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello everyone,

The developers believe they have identified and corrected the issue and hope to have a fix implemented in the R110 update.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and regret that we are unable to hot fix in a correction sooner.

Thank you for your patience. We do recommend you open a ticket with Support (if you haven't done so already) so that when the issue is corrected we can confirm and compensate affected players.

Customer Support contact: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support
  • Thx for update - got app opened this morning, though very laggy...afraid to close it until I grind through Deadpool icon_e_smile.gif Might I suggest "compensation" in the form of a 5star Red Skull? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Same issue on Lg Leon (H320), android 5.0.1. Reinstalation didn't help. Clearing cache and force closing only works in like 1 on 6 attempts.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

The developers believe they have identified and corrected the issue and hope to have a fix implemented in the R110 update.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and regret that we are unable to hot fix in a correction sooner.

Well, that's disappointing. Not surprising, just disappointing.

At the moment it takes between 2 and 25 cycles of "tap, nothing happening, kill it" to get MPQ to run, but at least I can play.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Well, you're better off than me. I stupidly followed customer support's advice to uninstall, clear device cache, re-install. After that, I got to re-visit the "new player" tutorial. <sigh>. They'll restore (most of) my account at some point. Hopefully. Hopefully by the time R110 drops. In the meantime, I get to take an mpq holiday. Maybe I should be smart and make it permanent? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Oh, and I still can't launch the game from the app icon or the google play store. Only by tapping an mpq event notice within fb.

I still get mpq notices - "you were attacked in shield simulator", etc. but now when I open the game, I'm in the tutorial.

Apparently, one cannot bypass the tutorial? Its not obvious to offer to bypass the tutorial?
  • DiamondG
    DiamondG Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Absolutely. I've only been able to launch once or twice since the new Black Widow update. I'm on a Alcatel one touch. In fact the one time it closed .. it gave me the message..welcome PowerfulMaster1234 before closing and failing to launch again. Powerful master being the first username I get when I reinstall and relaunch
  • Moose
    Moose Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Same issue. No load no matter what I do. Samsung galaxy s4. We r also losing VIP daily rewards. Very frustrating. Can't get into app to send ticket. Grrr.
  • @Moose: You can raise ticket through http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support site. As David Moore said include your game name in it.

I don't get this:
    (...)and hope to have a fix implemented in the R110 update.
    Does it mean that we'll wait i.e 2-3 weeks for next update in normal releasing schedule?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I see this as just another way to bring RNGesus into our lives with the new start the app mini-game. I'm doing everything I can to make sure the app doesn't close out because it takes on average 20 open/force close combos to get it to fire back up again when it does close.