R109: App won't open after update on Android

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Downloaded and installed with no problems about 6 hours ago, played and exited twice. Wouldn't open at all for hours, restarted phone twice and now it ...seems to be working? Temporary, I'm sure. (Hopefully the problem is temporary rather than the solution, but you never know. You know?)
  • Game was working fine yesterday but fails to launch today so I must of auto-updated overnight to R.109. Raised a ticket but this is pretty annoying to say the least. They really need to do more Testing In Production of their updates before they go live to the public.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Same behavior on both an LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Click to open, freeze, force close. Sometimes it opens after this, sometimes not.

Also had it crash in the middle of Dat Required Character when I switched away from the app and came back.
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I've been unable to open MPQ for a few hours (icon just highlights, and nothing else happens, and I can see it in my running apps), but I got it to open really easily by going into the google play store and opening it from there.

Does that work for anyone else who can't get in?
  • Meesters77
    Meesters77 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I installed the new update but for me it works, i can play the game, its slow ok.
    I play the game a week with very slow gameplay and it freeze somtimes for a couple sec.

Samsung Galaxy s4 and Asus Memopad 7.
  • I've not been able to launch the game on my Android phone since the update by using the icon that I have used for years. I am able to launch the game by going into the Google Play Store, finding the MPQ page, and clicking on the "Open" button.

This has worked for me the two times I have tried it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It often freezes my phone when I open it, and then I need to kill the app and retry a few times before it finally opens.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran into this last night, restarted the phone without success, and then tried opening the app through its Google Play Store page and it not only worked like a charm but is running fine when I tap on the homescreen icon again.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Same issue on my LG Optimus. Sometimes when I tap on the icon, it works just fine. Sometimes it does nothing. I have to repeatedly go into the task manager and close it out until it finally works.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

The dev team are looking into this. Apologies, there's nothing concrete I can report right now. When I have info, I'll post it right away.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    My Moto X pure has the same issue.

I try to open, get the white screen freeze. Force close that one and then it will usually open correctly. (and slowly)
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Andriod 5.0.1 on Galaxy S4

Force stop and clear cache in app manager everytime before opening seems to work most of the time for me.
  • Having issues myself. Uninstalled, worked after reinstall, shut down mid match, not loading again.....

Is this common after patches?
    If so I will wait a bit longer before installing a patch right away....
  • Gryffle
    Gryffle Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Same here. Motorola Moto G2. Very annoying!
  • I tried force stop. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. App won't open on my LG G2. Guess I'm done playing until someone can find a fix for it. Not very user friendly if they're trying to make money on this game.
  • I tried installing it on my old LG optimus...and I get the message "this device isn't compatible with this version of the game". Sheesh.
  • Same here... updated the app on my Galaxy Tab 2 earlier on tonight and since then, no way to open it icon_e_sad.gif
    Very frustrating. And I keep reading about people having the same problem over the past 24h, but no communication from the editors about them trying to identify and fix the problem. Should I worry?...
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Accidentally exited the game earlier, and it wouldn't open even through the Play Store link. Restarted device and eventually made it back. Ironic that as the gameplay improves the frustration of not knowing if MPQ will load or suddenly crash increases hugely.
  • I am having the same issue as many here. After the patch yesterday loading screens were taking significantly longer, but the game did launch and play, although it seemed as if the patch hadn't been applied as certain things R109 was supposed to change were still the same. Today I had a busy day, didn't get to the game till after 5PM and now the game won't launch at all. On my phone (Samsung S4 Mini) and my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note Pro) the app never launches. If I go into app manager I can force stop the app and try again, but it never launches. I've tried multiple times to reboot both phone and tablet with no success, the game just won't launch no matter what. Not really willing to uninstall unless I absolutely have to.
  • Same...then worked normally for a while. Froze mid match (last node gauntlet pg1; only 3* hulk left). Sent me to a report page which wouldn't send my report (kept freezing) or I sent 3. Let's hope for a quick patch.