R109: App won't open after update on Android

Comments

• Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Samsung Galaxy tab 2, ASUS Zenfone 5 - same problems. IDK how may times restarted devices, tried to start app to succeed. Even uninstalledd MPQ and installed again. Didn't help.
  • Ruperty
    Ruperty Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I have found some workaround for this problem. It works for me and I am hope it will work for you too.

Please try this "solution":
    - go to Google Play Store
    - find MPQ
    - press the Open (or Launch) button from the store
    - app should start normally

Please provide your feedback if it works for you or not
  • Pasterz
    Pasterz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Doesn't work for me. icon_e_sad.gif (I'm using Xiaomi Redmi 3)
    I just won't start, tried restarting phone, starting from google play and clearing cash. Nothing works.
  • BennettR
    BennettR Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Same issue here, won't reliably launch from home, play store, or apps screen.

I hope this gets fixed quickly. My play schedule allows one match every now and then throughout the day with an occasional 30 minutes sporadically. I'm at the point in the gauntlet where I might have to try a node 4 or 5 times with different lineup combinations to win. The gauntlet is by far my favorite event, but if I can't load the game, I won't have enough time to complete it. I will be extremely disappointed if that's how it goes.
  • Ruperty wrote:
    I have found some workaround for this problem. It works for me and I am hope it will work for you too.

Please try this "solution":
    - go to Google Play Store
    - find MPQ
    - press the Open (or Launch) button from the store
    - app should start normally

Please provide your feedback if it works for you or not

Doesn't work for me, unable to play at all since getting the update yesterday morning.
  • Meesters77
    Meesters77 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I launch the game from gameboost (Cleanmaster), works always
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    having the same issue - nexus 6p - frustrating...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here, Nexus 5. Occasionally can get it to start after force closing, but clearly something is wrong.
  • Same issue, lg g2 mini, android 5.0.2
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Confirmed, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. The game has had different levels of responsiveness since R1.09, but it is completely un-openable as of this moment.
  • Same problem here with Nvidia Shield tablet. On Galaxy S6 it runs just fine.
  • ThatOneRed
    ThatOneRed Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Has this been fixed yet? I still can't get in with my Galaxy S5. My iPad can, but it's VERY laggy.
  • ThatOneRed
    ThatOneRed Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. It's been sitting at 100% download for over an hour now without actually making the app usable.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see there being a fix at least until R110 (*), unless they can get a patch R109a fast-tracked to the App store. It's not like there can be a fix through a push update; if you can't run MPQ you can't receive the pushed update.

(*) R110 could already have been built with the same problem that's in R109.

It would be appreciated if we could have an update, even if it's not good news.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Same problem Android 6.0 on Nexus 7 and HTC M8.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Moto G 3rd gen, Android 6.0

After initial update, normal icon wouldn't open the game. Going through Play Store worked yesterday, today nothing will open it. When switching apps I can briefly see MPQ as white screen trying something in the background, but always fails.

Edit: Just got it to work randomly through the Play Store method
  • Not only will the app not open since the update, some of my other apps won't open or struggle to open. It opened right after the download after several clicks, but today I can't get it to open at all. On an LG tablet.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The dev team are looking into this. Apologies, there's nothing concrete I can report right now. When I have info, I'll post it right away.

Thank you for the update. Just so you know, this is still happening and is really annoying. I have to force stop the app and launch it from the Google Play store in order to play.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I have the Moto G4. To open MPQ, I have to tap on the icon and wait a moment for it to not load, close all apps, hit the icon again, opens fine. Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times for it to work.
  • S4, crashed during game this morning and now won't load no matter what. If I pull up the application manager, apparently it HAS loaded, but with a blank screen.

Ah, updates.

Would uninstall and reinstall but don't want to do the tutorial again... and scared it will happen again. Logged support ticket.