R109: App won't open after update on Android

madok
madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
I updated the app this afternoon and now it won't open. I've tried restarting my phone twice to no avail. Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Phone in question is an HTC One.

Edit: Additional thoughts, I did wonder at the update only being 9MB. It feels like almost every update has been around 40-50MB in the past. Has anyone updated on android with that small update and have it work correctly?

Comments

• bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    madok wrote:
    I updated the app this afternoon and now it won't open. I've tried restarting my phone twice to no avail. Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Phone in question is an HTC One.

I had the same problem. I forced close the app and when I clicked on the game it opened normally.
  • As always when updated, my loading screen gets to 50% and stops.

Had to force close roughly 3x for it to load finally.
  • drkemp
    drkemp Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Experiencing same problem here. Running on a Moto force droid. And when game does. finally load, none of the patches seem to have been applied. No elite tokens and prof x blind spot still.firing at end of turn, not after the match.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    UPDATE: Tried again after the daily push and it actually loaded this time. Not sure if that is what actually fixed it. Now just seeing the black screen between screen transitions that has been reported.
  • Running an ASUS ZenPad S8.0 and game refuses to open after update. Rebooted everything, force closed everything, and still no game.
  • smatterchoo
    smatterchoo Posts: 17
    edited September 2016
    Same behavior on both my Galaxy S4 & LG G2... icon_e_sad.gif

Rebooted both - no joy. Force quit not having any effect on either device.

--update--
    Complete uninstall and reinstall on both devices returned it to operating normally...until this morning, when it started all over again. Uninstall/reinstall, back to working again. Thank GOD they shortened the initiation sequence or that may have been the end of the run.
    Note: launching from the Play Store didn't work for me. icon_e_confused.gif

--udpate2--
    I'm unsure if this has anything at all to do with what's going on, but after today's reinstall the download of collateral images was incredibly slow, as if there was an issue on the back end (i.e. a server, network, database, whatever).
    For example, each token store's page updated ... one ... toon ... at ... a ... time ...
    And going into the training page where there's a thumbnail of each toon's head, each image took 2-3 seconds to populate.

After intentionally going around to each page and into each event (and waiting ... and waiting ... ) there don't seem to be anymore issues ... for the moment.
  • drkemp
    drkemp Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Well, my game opens now and I can play, but the updates still do not appear to have been applied
  • Also having the same problem, I was able to play for a bit, now my phone hangs up after trying to open the app. I'm playing on a LG Optimus F3
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same problem. I did get it to open briefly once and had lagging load screens. But I'm back to not being able to open it again. I'm on a Droid Maxx. I already have a ticket open.
  • Crunkwell
    Crunkwell Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I am on a Droid Maxx 2 and the game wont open after the update. I have force closed and turned my phone on and off. Wont load at all still. Very frustrating.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nexus 9, Android 6.0.1, MPQ ran once (eventually), not since, restarts, force stops, nothing will entice it to show that brand new load screen.

Now, I'm not saying that 109 is an untested heap of excrement, but I would understand if untrained observers drew that conclusion.

:edit: It worked twice in a row at almost exactly 2pm my time, 10pm in the One True Time Zone, but was very slow moving between screens. Since then, nothing. Remind me to never close it if I get it working.

I'd wondered if it was somehow a server problem, so I disconnected from Wi-Fi and tried again. No change, not even the "check your internet connection" message I was hoping for.

Ooh, I just saw a new message, "could not start puzzle quest".

:edit2: And as it's now after 10pm in the OTTZ, I guess no fix in the near future? At least it wasn't released on a Friday.
  • 4eric16
    4eric16 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Having trouble booting up the game. When you tap the icon it just lags and does not start the app at all. The whole system lags then i have to clear all apps running. I need to restart the phone just to have a chance to start the game up again and its like a 50/50 chance.

My device is an LG V10 on AT&T
    Model number H900
    Snapdragon 808
    4GB ram
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    Having this problem on multiple Samsung devices. Repeatedly force closing app will let it load eventually.
  • KrazyKev3
    KrazyKev3 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I am on a google nexus 7 tablet and cannot get the game to start either. Tried force closing, deleting data, and uninstalling/reinstalling; none of which worked.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galaxy S5 having the same issue. I can only get in intermittently, and once I exit, a minimum of one reboot is necessary to get back in later.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lmfao. I've hit the icon like thirty times now and NOTHING HAPPENS........

Mess.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    lmfao. I've hit the icon like thirty times now and NOTHING HAPPENS........

Mess.

I got it to run by tapping the icon just after closing the unresponsive MPQ from the "I don't know it's official name" window shown by selecting the square box at the bottom of the screen. It took a few attempts though. And I've not exited MPQ since.

I wonder if the reason the "Long Loading Screens" thread is full of iThings and pretty much empty of Android complaints is only because Android users can't run the verkackte game.
  • Declon
    Declon Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Same on Xiaomi Redmi 2 (2gb) ... after update runs one tim .. long load but start. Now after night won't start ... after click on ico MPQ phone do something on bcg, but it's end on homescreen, and in back I see MPQ but cannot switch on it, kill it, reopen, restart ... nothing. Pls fix. Thx.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    got it to run for a bit last night but its hosed again this a.m.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Worked OK yesterday after the update, now it won't load at all today