Long loading screens on R109

1235»

Comments

• DiamondG
    DiamondG Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Yes. The same thing for me. On the few occasions I have been able to launch R109. Alcatel One Touch Idol 3. Is there a rollback feature? This is the first of all the updates that has been a problem.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    No lag time improvement on iOS since update last week. Still blacking out and going into logo scrolling screen for too long in between pvp and pve matches as well as transitioning to roster management screen.

My Steam acct is just fine with no lag.
  • jonatslee
    jonatslee Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    One week and still no resolution. Sigh. icon_e_sad.gif
    Gaming on iOS is a pain, as you need to wait for every single screen to load for several seconds.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

Here's the text of the recent in-game message in case you missed it:
      "LONG LOADING TIMES Some players are experiencing in-game lag, especially when entering an event. A fix is coming in the next platform release (R110). We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Keep an eye out for a small token of thanks from us, for your patience and understanding."

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

A 5* cover of our choice? icon_lol.gif

Here's to wishful thinking icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    phiwalker wrote:
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Not getting black screens, but longer loading times, and what's annoying me is if I have to pause for a sec and I come back to the "options/retreat" screen it's frozen.
    Every. Single. Time.

I can't hit "X" and go back to the game I was playing, it's frozen. So I have to exit out, take unnecessary damage, and start over.
    The loading times I can deal with, the freezing is making it not fun to play. Especially when you're still relatively new and don't have a plethora of other people to pick from if your current teams get damaged over and over from force closing.

I too and getting application hangs whenever i go back to the game after minimizing it. Not all the time, but often enough.
  • JeremyHawks
    JeremyHawks Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I have been playing fine on my ipod touch until this afternoon when I got the latest IOS update (10.0.1). Now there are long load times and black screens when switching almost every screen.
  • Any news about this ? It's not just annoying, it takes too much of my time, i barely can reach the minumun required score in my alliance icon_e_sad.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aside from loading the game up at the start, my black screens seem to last about 5 seconds each time they come up. iOS here.

That doesn't seem like a long delay, but as often as the app takes you to a transition, it adds up. Using a stop watch online to time black screen while playing a match:

Boot up the App after force closing it:
    41.4 seconds

Enter Hearts of Darkeness sub:
    4 seconds

Oops opened up main sub, get out, click on Spirits of Vengeance:
    7.5 seconds

Choose loaner node, click Start!:
    6 seconds

Choose the loaners, Fight!:
    1.4 second

Choose Team Ups, Fight!:
    6.5 seconds

Skip dialogue:
    6.4 seconds then board loads.

Can start moving tiles now. 20.3 seconds of additional black screen between choosing the node and starting to move tiles.

Fight ends, Victory, skip dialogue:
    6.7 seconds

Claim prizes:
    6.7 seconds

Back to the sub to choose the next fight.

Total additional Black screen from choosing a node to fight, to back to sub screen to choose another node: 33.7 seconds.

10 nodes = 5.6 minutes additional time for one clear (assuming you treat the loaner the same as the other nodes)
    4 clears = 22.5 minutes additional time for getting the timers started (placement impacted by 22.5 minutes later at hitting max points compared to non-lag players and points lost by 22.5 minutes of less point regeneration).
    2 additional clears near the end to get green checks = 33.6 minutes.
    1 additional clear to get nodes to 1 point = 39.3 minutes of additional black screen for 1 24 hour sub. Placement impacted by loss of points regeneration, and clearing significantly slower than non-lag players.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reported lag on iOS didn't really affect me much until now (there was a very slight lag, but hardly noticable), but after the daily update/hotfix today I actually *did* notice an increased load time (1-2 seconds) in several transitions. Annoying.
  • Fubuki
    Fubuki Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I play on the pc and all my computers are having the long loading screen issue (win 7 and win 10), sometimes between the the time when the characters talk and the game table it can take up to 15 seconds as opposed to the usual 2 or 3.