Long loading screens on R109

Comments

• AstinTO
    AstinTO Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Same issue. iPhone 5s and iPad 4. Whatever iOS update was before 10.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Worst on iOS, both iPhone 5S and iPad Pro.

Having the issue on my Amazon Kindle as well, though to a lesser extent.
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    For the love of god please fix this now

It's unbearable I swear I can feel my toenails grow waiting for the black screens of death to pass between each transition .

Happening on all my devices - iPad mini 3, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s. All on the latest ios
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    It's straight up painful. iPad Air running 9.3.5 and there is so much lag
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    iPhone 6S+
    iOS 10

one...one thousand
    two...one thousand
    Still loading...........................................................................
  • phiwalker
    phiwalker Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Not getting black screens, but longer loading times, and what's annoying me is if I have to pause for a sec and I come back to the "options/retreat" screen it's frozen.
    Every. Single. Time.

I can't hit "X" and go back to the game I was playing, it's frozen. So I have to exit out, take unnecessary damage, and start over.
    The loading times I can deal with, the freezing is making it not fun to play. Especially when you're still relatively new and don't have a plethora of other people to pick from if your current teams get damaged over and over from force closing.
  • jobob
    With the West Coast offices closing soon, would it be possible to have an update at the end of the day?

Even if the answer is "we are working on it and don't have an answer," I think that this issue is of sufficient magnitude that it merits regular updates from the developers.
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    iPhone 6 here too with iOS 9.3.5.
    After doing the last update, I get black screens after clicking a tab, a story mission, a node, my roster, etc...
    Are there any updates or guesstimates as to when this frustrating issue will be resolved? Are we looking at days? A week? A month?
    I'm on day 1048 (long time player) and appreciate any response you can provide. Thank you very much!
  • jobob
    Also... Is there any way to download R108? Could you maybe put that back online if things don't reach a stable state soon?
  • Gmonkey
    Gmonkey Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Same problem on iPhone 6s running 9.3.5.

It is also the largest drain on my battery. 33% consumption even when running in the background.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any notice if this is causing a spike in data usage? It almost feels like the game is doing extra "loading" in between screens all the time. In the battle itself there is no (new) lag at all.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Can we please get a response from the devs? It was better after a data push last night but once you close and reopen the app it became laggy again.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Someone (I believe Jamie madrox) posted in another thread that it wouldn't be fixed until the next patch.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Got in-game pop-up on iPad that it would be fixed in R110 and would be some sort of compensation

Checked android device too and didn't get it there
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Got in-game pop-up on iPad that it would be fixed in R110 and would be some sort of compensation

Checked android device too and didn't get it there

Yeah, I saw. Thought it was supposed to give me something there & then rather than when R110 comes along...
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi,

Here's the text of the recent in-game message in case you missed it:
      "LONG LOADING TIMES Some players are experiencing in-game lag, especially when entering an event. A fix is coming in the next platform release (R110). We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Keep an eye out for a small token of thanks from us, for your patience and understanding."

Thanks for hanging in there with us.
  • What about those of us who can't even get into the game? Do we get a reward too? This is two days now...
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    This needs an immediate fix. So much time is being wasted staring at a black screen. iPhone
  • Chaga
    Chaga Posts: 30
    Same problem on all my devices.
    iPad Air
    iPad Pro 9.7
    iPad Pro 12.9
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6+
  • jobob
    Upgraded to iOS 10... no difference. Downgraded back to iOS 9.3... no difference.