Long loading screens on R109

Comments

• 4eric16
    4eric16 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Having trouble booting up the game. When you tap the icon it just lags and does not start the app at all. The whole system lags then i have to clear all apps running. I need to restart the phone just to have a chance to start the game up again and its like a 50/50 chance.

My device is an LG V10 on AT&T
    Model number H900
    Snapdragon 808
    4GB ram
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Thanks for the reports everyone. The dev team are aware and currently investigating. Please continue to provide your device specs and where & when you are seeing the black screens/increased loading.

We appreciate your assistance as we work on getting this corrected.

iPhone 6s

Black screen for 3-6s when:
    After selecting an event from the main screen
    When selecting "event rewards" from within the event screen
    Not when selecting rankings screen, but when returning to event screen from rankings
    When returning to main screen from event screen
    When opening roster screen
    When selecting a character from roster screen
    When selecting a character from train screen
    When selecting the Recruit Heroes screen
    When opening a token

This is a thorough list for me, IPhone 6
  • Kilwrath
    Kilwrath Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Same symptoms, iPhone 5 on iOS 9.3.5.

I have no idea how these really obvious bugs make it through any semblance of a QA/UAT process. icon_e_sad.gif
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Same thing on my iPad Air running iOS 9.3.5
  • iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2
    iOS 9.3.5

Same as other users-
    Not when selecting rankings screen, but when returning to event screen from rankings
    When opening a token
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.5. long black screens on going back/forth from roster. long also to load opponents in Gauntlet (haven't tried PVP yet).
  • Same. iPhone 5
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    And another one, iPhone 6 Plus running iOs 9.3.5 (but a couple of folks form the alliance have also iPhone 5 and iPhone 6s and the same problem).

Everytime any of the events screen load (general and sub event, PvE and PvP) it is like 10s or more to load. It looks also that loading the tokens screens is also happening. But alliance screen and roster screen looks like they load ok.

Please fix ASAP, in a game that it is all about speed, this extra 10-15 seconds we need to wait after each fight can be deadly in PvP.

PS: Stupid automatic update.. It should not update until a couple of days have passed.
    PS: Looks like every time we change screen reloads the images from disk or something like that...
  • arch
    arch Posts: 1
    iPhone 6
    iOS 10.0.1

When opening a token
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    iPad Air 2 iOS 10.0 (Beta) - seems like when art has to be loaded, it almost has to re-cache. 5-10 second delay opening nodes and tokens. (It messed up my token opening ritual! icon_e_biggrin.gif)

Galaxy S5 6.0.1 - same, but nowhere near as bad, maybe an extra second or 2. I just reimaged the phone yesterday though (unrelated).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    vidota wrote:
    Same on my iPhone 6s plus.

Ditto
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Same issue here. iPad 9.3.5 and iPhone 5. Lags for long periods when clicking into event screens, clicking on a game node, clicking "fight", after finishing a fight, opening tokens, opening roster screen, and pressing the back button. Alternates between a totally black screen or the flashing character logo loading screen.
  • stark0719
    stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    same here.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Android 6.0, HTC M8 (Googe Play Edition)

Two issues:
    - Noticeable black screen pauses similar to iOS but only for 1-2 seconds.
    - App fails to launch most of the time. Have to force kill the stillborn app 3 or 4 times before it actually starts.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    iPhone 5 with iOS 9.3.5 and I've been noticing the 5-10 sec black screen in the last 2-3 releases before this one, but it used to be confined to the spot between the splash screen and the loading logo screen.

Now it's simply everywhere. The back button is the worst offender but any moving from one type of screen to another pops it up.
  • Weltenzeichner
    Weltenzeichner Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Samsung galaxy s4 mini

every menu transition
  • DroidDoes
    DroidDoes Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    zodiac339 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Thanks for the reports everyone. The dev team are aware and currently investigating. Please continue to provide your device specs and where & when you are seeing the black screens/increased loading.

We appreciate your assistance as we work on getting this corrected.
    Long loading (black screen) is between pretty much every transition, i.e. going from Story to Versus, going from Versus to specific event, going from event to mission, going from main screen to recruitment. Haven't noticed an issue when scrolling through recruitment pages themselves. The loading screen after finishing a mission is also slower, but it has the changing icons graphic rather than being a flat black like everywhere else.

iOS 9.3.5, iPhone 6.

Exact same answer/report from me as well
  • Game will not launch on Nvidia shield tablet. Attempted restart and clearing cache.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am seeing longer load times than usual in Android (5.0, Galaxy S4), but nothing on the order of what iOS users have reported -- maybe an extra half-second to a second, just long enough to be noticeable.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    iphone 6+. ios 9.3.3

event entry and exit - +6-8 sec (black screen)
    matches (replay mission button, fight button, and exit) - +5 sec (logo scroll)

token, train, roster entry and exit - +1-5 sec (black screen)
    token screen scrolling normal
    character select in roster - +3 sec (black screen) - exit normal
    cover queue entry and exit - normal (cover select in queue +5 second black screen, cover exit normal)
    alliance chat - +1 second (logo scroll)

resource shop, shield rank, resupply, vip, settings/tools, prologue/story/versus tabs = all appear to act normal

if you need anything I missed let me know.