Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

Comments

• wathombe wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    Loki ones are low cause everyone's trying to get the token ^.~
    Ironically, across both Hero and Villain lightning rounds, I am fully covered on every character except my 9/10 Loki.

Clearly only because you don't care about him enough to grab a win in his LR!

I'm guessing you're short one purple.

Correct on both counts. I'm not sure if I've ever gone hard on a Loki round but won every other villain LR at least twice.
  • wathombe wrote:
    SteelBus wrote:
    Can you switch brackets while playing LRs? I was in a LR with 17 minutes left and then after winning a match I was in a bracket with 1hr and 13 minutes left.

They are unbracketed, that is, everyone is in the same bracket. They restart with a new featured hero every two hours, though. Did you take an hour to finish a match?

More like he didnt notice it was 1hr17 minutes when he started, and not 17m
  • Poor Loki, I should go after his covers next time. He needs some love.

I think the only competitive loki LRs I've seen is when they overlapped with him being the featured Sims hero.
  • Impulse wrote:
    Poor Loki, I should go after his covers next time. He needs some love.

I think the only competitive loki LRs I've seen is when they overlapped with him being the featured Sims hero.

He was my first or second fully-covered 3*** (Patch being the other). He was awarded for a few tournaments in a row a couple months ago, AND I believe he was given as progression awards for the first round of the first Divine Champions tourney, that one golden day when you could shield tank teams, get them in your queue, and hit 1800-2400 points. Maybe that was Punisher, but the glut of Loki awards I got were about the same time. I did get 3-4 from Lightning Rounds at the time, too, just as I was able to "compete" in them (at least the Loki round).
  • I love playing against low level Hulk's with 1-4 in black. It's like an old punching bag that is leaking green ap for me to pick up.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I love playing against low level Hulk's with 1-4 in black. It's like an old punching bag that is leaking green ap for me to pick up.

I feel this way about GSBW when the AI places her green tiles. They always give you a couple matches or a match 4
  • This post is totally waiting for approval.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    This post is totally waiting for approval.

That was scary, I started replaying that scene from Star Wars in my head: "A communications breakdown can only mean one thing..."
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually as I discovered last night after some communication between S.H.I.E.L.D members, LR's are bracketed.
    I think there are only 2 brackets though.
  • the scAvengers managed to get 3 members into top10, which, considering our mid-level roster, is a great success!
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/615045981001228254/A536C2A6712C5BCE953E6A3B99190817A149613E/
    Got me a shiny BWGS red power icon_e_smile.gif (and another Green Patch from Standard Token. Never enough ISO)

and here You can see another LR bug, this time one node didn't open:
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615045981001218108/BC2C6EA34A8B2971925E0039C1253F90B74024D9/
  • Had only been attacked 3 times in entire LR & had won them all (very unusual), then got hit 2 times in last 20 sec for -35 each time :/ Dropped from #3 (2 tokens) to #12 so only got 1 token. The token I received was GSBW-purple which is one the few that I need (yay!), and makes my final hero cover-complete with 13/13 covers.

The only LR hero covers I still need for re-speccing are now:
    Hulk, Black x 2 (5/5/3 at the moment)
    GSBW, Green x 1 (4/4/5 at the moment)

My villains were cover-complete a couple of weeks ago, so it's just the new heroes I still need covers for and a few more 4* covers.
  • Twysta wrote:
    Actually as I discovered last night after some communication between S.H.I.E.L.D members, LR's are bracketed.

I wonder if this is because there are now more than 100000 people?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Yeah could be.
    I was finding it really weird when people would come up on my match list with points which would put them in the top 10 which were nowhere to be seen when I thought LR's are unbracketed.

Not sure how it splits the brackets though as everyone seemed to start at the same time.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    bughunt wrote:
    Had only been attacked 3 times in entire LR & had won them all (very unusual), then got hit 2 times in last 20 sec for -35 each time :/ Dropped from #3 (2 tokens) to #12 so only got 1 token. The token I received was GSBW-purple which is one the few that I need (yay!), and makes my final hero cover-complete with 13/13 covers.

The only LR hero covers I still need for re-speccing are now:
    Hulk, Black x 2 (5/5/3 at the moment)
    GSBW, Green x 1 (4/4/5 at the moment)

My villains were cover-complete a couple of weeks ago, so it's just the new heroes I still need covers for and a few more 4* covers.

Yeah i think I hit you Bug, you are always in my MMR nodes and i needed those points to get into the top 25 so Win-Win. Although my cover was an unneeded patch.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Phantron wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Possibly. It's not particularly apparent how players are segregated either. Since I can already check the leaderboard before joining, it has to be predetermined in some fashion. When talking with the rest of the alliance, it definitely wasn't when joining that particular round since we all joined at the same time.
  • 5/5 defensive wins. Sitting in 1st shielded close to 600 points quite a bit above 2nd.

Edit: finished up top. 2 spideys aka 1k ISO and my 3rd black hulk. 2 to go.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    5/5 defensive wins. Sitting in 1st shielded close to 600 points quite a bit above 2nd.

I came in right behind you. Funny thing is I was planning on tanking that LR. I started 20 minutes late. When I got to 250 with about 50 minutes left, I put in what I thought was a tank team, but nothing happened. I checked and discovered that I had level 6 Bagman and level 50 modern Storm paired with level 210 Punisher. When I thought I switched out with the base Punisher, it didn't switch. I didn't have any seed teams left in my nodes, so I pretty much had to play. But I got some high-point matches coming in so late, shielded because I feared retaliations would knock me down, and got two last-minute defensive wins to give me a cushion.

I also pulled a black Hulk, which was the only cover I really wanted from the pack. It finishes my re-specc from 5/5/3 to 5/3/5. I also pulled green GSBW and red IM40.
  • 5/5 defensive wins. Sitting in 1st shielded close to 600 points quite a bit above 2nd.

I came in right behind you. Funny thing is I was planning on tanking that LR. I started 20 minutes late. When I got to 250 with about 50 minutes left, I put in what I thought was a tank team, but nothing happened. I checked and discovered that I had level 6 Bagman and level 50 modern Storm paired with level 210 Punisher. When I thought I switched out with the base Punisher, it didn't switch. I didn't have any seed teams left in my nodes, so I pretty much had to play. But I got some high-point matches coming in so late, shielded because I feared retaliations would knock me down, and got two last-minute defensive wins to give me a cushion.

I also pulled a black Hulk, which was the only cover I really wanted from the pack. It finishes my re-specc from 5/5/3 to 5/3/5. I also pulled green GSBW and red IM40.

Nice 1. Green BWGS was my other desire besides black hulk but I'm just happy I got either.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Am I wrong in tossing out 2 black Punisher covers? (one from the Hulk, one from the current LRs). Mine is already 3 in black and I prefer the ISO more at this moment, I don't have enough ISO anyway to level him from level 102 to whatever the next level is. I only usually slap the cheaper 1* and 2** covers on in whatever order they come.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Am I wrong in tossing out 2 black Punisher covers? (one from the Hulk, one from the current LRs). Mine is already 3 in black and I prefer the ISO more at this moment, I don't have enough ISO anyway to level him from level 102 to whatever the next level is. I only usually slap the cheaper 1* and 2** covers on in whatever order they come.

If you were planning on making Punisher one of your main characters, then I think that was a mistake. 1k iso is too small of an amount to pay for the risk of Punisher being level capped (thats like farming 1/2 a LR for 5 minutes), since theres a chance that you'll be starved on Punisher covers in the future when you want to level him past 102. He's also doesn't require max covers to be useful (unlike GSBW who needs 5 green desperately), so its perfectly reasonable to level him at any point.