Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    It almost feels like your character has to be below a certain level (maybe 100?) to avoid fighting guys who are level 141, because if this isn't true, then you wouldn't be able to tank since the guy with a 141 hero that also tanked will always comfortably defeat you if he was also able to tank to your MMR range.

I don't see why. MMR is purely performance based. With losses you go down and that's it. If you go down you're in bracket with the 20 bug guys who tanked a lot and 2000 natural * and ** teams. Having the skip the bug ones will just avoid each other. If you tanked with the 141 team why would you bother fighting a 100 when you can fight a lower one?
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It almost feels like your character has to be below a certain level (maybe 100?) to avoid fighting guys who are level 141, because if this isn't true, then you wouldn't be able to tank since the guy with a 141 hero that also tanked will always comfortably defeat you if he was also able to tank to your MMR range.

I don't see why. MMR is purely performance based. With losses you go down and that's it. If you go down you're in bracket with the 20 bug guys who tanked a lot and 2000 natural * and ** teams. Having the skip the bug ones will just avoid each other. If you tanked with the 141 team why would you bother fighting a 100 when you can fight a lower one?

Because it's hard to imagine only people with lower level rosters are tanking. If any guy with level 141 are able to tank so that they show up in the same place as someone who is say, level 100, that guy should be able to win rather easily.

Usually the guys I see coasting are the guys whose highest character is only 85. I don't see how that guy can get there if any level 141 guy can even see him, which implies it must not be possible to tank to that low if you're at 141.
  • I have three level 141 characters, and 6 (about to be 7) others over 100.

If I tank all but the two or three lightning rounds that take place while I'm sleeping each week I can easily tank to the point where I see 1* teams.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Because it's hard to imagine only people with lower level rosters are tanking. If any guy with level 141 are able to tank so that they show up in the same place as someone who is say, level 100, that guy should be able to win rather easily.

Usually the guys I see coasting are the guys whose highest character is only 85. I don't see how that guy can get there if any level 141 guy can even see him, which implies it must not be possible to tank to that low if you're at 141.

Ah, we're talking different aspects.

Yep, you're right there, MMR appears creating safety rings with many points to gather keeping a low level team out of sight. In normal PVP is shows quite well. Unless the guy goes too high, not sure if it's fixed around 750 or just a percent of some top scores -- but then you open up for everyone and the pussycat. Then they suddenly get 20 losses and disappear (I guess). But with good timing high point can be fixed with shields for a really good place.

Actually that feature of the game that keeps even blatant tanking less of a moral story -- the game structure us FUBAR to start with, why let the low rosters a free ride.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won 8 Courageous tokens.

2x yellow Spidey, two green Punisher, one purple Spidey - all of which I've had maxed since forever.
    AND three friggin' GREEN Hulk - three! That green which I had maxed since the Event where Hulk was introduced.
    I feel trolled by the RNG.

Meanwhile, my Hulk is sitting on three black, and my GSBW is sitting one one(!) purple.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I could use a yellow Spidey because mine is 1/5/2 and sometimes I can't heal without killing the last enemy because 13 yellow just takes forever to get.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Meanwhile, my Hulk is sitting on three black, and my GSBW is sitting one one(!) purple.

Yeah, I am day 143 and my GSBW is 1/0/3. You can borrow the world's tiniest violin when I am done with it.
  • Bowgentle
    Believe me, I'd gladly give you those covers if I could.

I'm just hoping for purple GSBW, so that I someday might have her in a useable state... 5 green is nice and all, but I'm not going to use her with just one purple.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, I am day 143 and my GSBW is 1/0/3. You can borrow the world's tiniest violin when I am done with it.

Luck of the draw, my GSBW was one of my first maxed 3*s
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    GSBW just hits the extremes doesn't she? First she enjoys the company of Rags, then after his nerf she sees less usage as well; then Black Panther appears and makes her blush but he gets nerfed which gets her AoE damage crown back. Now we have modern Thor, is he another one to overshadow GSBW or a worthy ally to feed her green?
  • Good round!

Two FittedKitchens in the top 8 again: icon_e_biggrin.gif

3-19AMPatchLR_zps2a6a3818.png
  • Bowgentle
    604? This is slowly getting a little crazy icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    604? This is slowly getting a little crazy icon_e_biggrin.gif

Kind of depends on the time of day. Any of those top 7 scores would probably take first in the same round at night.
  • Those are lower numbers than the last Hood round that I placed second in, but this is the second worst that I have seen.

Easiest was a Thursday morning Loki, no one cared. 310 was 10th place.
  • Loki ones are low cause everyone's trying to get the token ^.~
  • Impulse wrote:
    Loki ones are low cause everyone's trying to get the token ^.~

This.
  • Impulse wrote:
    Ironically, across both Hero and Villain lightning rounds, I am fully covered on every character except my 9/10 Loki.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    Ironically, across both Hero and Villain lightning rounds, I am fully covered on every character except my 9/10 Loki.

Clearly only because you don't care about him enough to grab a win in his LR!

I'm guessing you're short one purple.
  • Can you switch brackets while playing LRs? I was in a LR with 17 minutes left and then after winning a match I was in a bracket with 1hr and 13 minutes left.
  • SteelBus wrote:
    Can you switch brackets while playing LRs? I was in a LR with 17 minutes left and then after winning a match I was in a bracket with 1hr and 13 minutes left.

They are unbracketed, that is, everyone is in the same bracket. They restart with a new featured hero every two hours, though. Did you take an hour to finish a match?