Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

Options

Comments

• Can we stop arguing over whether heroes or villains or more common and get back to the important question of "**** are our lighting rounds?"
  • wathombe wrote:
    Can we stop arguing over whether heroes or villains or more common and get back to the important question of "**** are our lighting rounds?"

They are unbracketed rounds that last one hour and 30 minutes featuring a restricted subset of 3* characters.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Can we stop arguing over whether heroes or villains or more common and get back to the important question of "**** are our lighting rounds?"

They are unbracketed rounds that last one hour and 30 minutes featuring a restricted subset of 3* characters.

Har har. I'll rephrase. "Where the tinykitty are our lightning rounds?"
  • Tinykitty's are cute.

Judging from my activity I don't have enough work to do -. - maybe I'll go find some.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Tinykitty's are cute.

Judging from my activity I don't have enough work to do -. - maybe I'll go find some.

Maybe they're in the kitchen.
  • Maybe heroes have became more available as of late. But just the sheer amount produced through villain LR before 1/2 those heroes were even released is very substantial.

By "available" I (and likely others) mean general accessibility. In LR up to recently 3x buff was used. So those who got or bought a Rags could get all the villains they wanted. And everyone else never had a chance to get even the heroic. At highest MMR you probably seen many maxed prenerf rags but it is hardly covering a wide population. LR is unbracketed and hands out how many covers a shot? Just add the numbers to see that probably a single regular PVP shelled out more spiderman covers than all Rags LRs combined.

And what more important: to a much wider public. With brackets and mmr most people have a good shot to have a single *** cover in PVP at t45 and with many brackets it creates a lot.

Before the first PVP issued Mags prizes (and IIRC it was about same week as first hero LR) the hero:vilalin cover count on my roster would show some 10:1 ratio. My villains only fleshed out since that, thanks to those tournaments and that it created the chance to get more in said LRs. (plus certainly learning proper tanking was essential too).

Guess you were in LRs a lot: how many won diabolic+ without at least a 3 cover villain on the team? or maybe lvl60ish would better fit the question.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    wathombe wrote:

I don't believe anything in them is restricted. A limited set of buffed 3*.
  • And we're off!
  • Eh it's more use these 6 dudes/dudettes or gets rolled kind of restricted. Maybe I wanted to type out a smart as remark before anyone else got to :p

Sue me.

Edit: no seed teams... Guess I'll try in 2 hours.
  • It remained the original 6 heroes? I so hoped they add the new ***s to the pool. Prizes as last time?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Are You getting progression rewards? I didn't get any.
  • I am fighting in the new LR with GSBW and after a couple of fights one of the nodes dissapeared and there appears to be no ranking. Anyone else get this bug?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sugarman wrote:
    I am fighting in the new LR with GSBW and after a couple of fights one of the nodes dissapeared and there appears to be no ranking. Anyone else get this bug?
    Yep, same here.

Edit: Restarting client fixed it, but all seed teams disappeared though.
  • Sugarman wrote:
    I am fighting in the new LR with GSBW and after a couple of fights one of the nodes dissapeared and there appears to be no ranking. Anyone else get this bug?

This happened to me, restarted the app and it was fixed.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'm getting that too - got the first progression reward and fought twice since then with nothing happening. Although weirdly the two bugged battle points did add so now i have 50. Pretty weird, hope it's fixed soon.
  • Yes. I got the same, and my score dropped from 70ish to 27 when I restarted the app. Guess I'm done with these for now.
  • Impulse wrote:
    Yes. I got the same, and my score dropped from 70ish to 27 when I restarted the app. Guess I'm done with these for now.

Mine dropped too, from 140 points to 62. I think the iso earned remained though, so perhaps can re-earn the progression rewards.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Force-quitting and restarting the app makes it behave as normal for me, though it also reloads the available fights, so any seed teams you might have had will almost certainly be gone.
  • Got to 100 and found a tank team so we are done for now. GSBW locks out my healer.
  • Have the rewards for heroic LRs always been the same as they are for these ones?