Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

Options

Comments

• allorin wrote:
    I'm not well versed in in-game cheating - how is that even possible? Surely once a match is started, there's no way to 'break' the game?

Confuses me too, there must be tools out there that are allowing this sort of thing to happen. Winning 3 times in quick succession with such a disparity in lineups is pretty absurd.
  • Fair enough, id just be upset if you knocked me out of prizes and I was competing in one of the two rounds I can participate in.

Missed my seed teams by 30 seconds again, not a good day MPQ wise.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What tends to be a good score for Lr? 300?
  • I like your new sig, Ladder. Hadn't looked closely at it since the post-Fearless Defender thread.

We FittedKitchens put two people in the top eight of the GSBW round--woohoo! Others of us were just tanking.

I may be able to make a run in the Patch round tonight--depends on family aggro and WoW guild aggro.

Otherwise, tomorrow for any serious rounds for me.
  • Losing 30 pts on being attacked while only gaining 18 to 22 per win just sucks ****. Going from 12 to 60 in a blink of an eye is just disheartening
  • Is there any news on if we will see Psylocke, Daredevil, Blackpanther, Lazythor added to the lightning rounds roster?

Kerravon
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    kerravon wrote:
    Is there any news on if we will see Psylocke, Daredevil, Blackpanther, Lazythor added to the lightning rounds roster?

Kerravon

They could be building a second rotation of lightning rounds. MkII Heros.

Well not Daredevil, he can be in the lightning round with all the unwanted buffed characters. The not so lightning slightly annoying round. Featuring 500% buffed Bagman, he bags you hard.
  • He will be the IM40 of Phase 2 lightning rounds.
  • Next we can get lazy wolvie and lazy storm c and have a lazy lightning reunion from hell.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    I'm not well versed in in-game cheating - how is that even possible? Surely once a match is started, there's no way to 'break' the game?

Confuses me too, there must be tools out there that are allowing this sort of thing to happen. Winning 3 times in quick succession with such a disparity in lineups is pretty absurd.

Ladder...You showed up in my queue during the Alliance event. It was at this point that I realized I was in the big leagues...it's like stepping onto the pitch at Old Trafford, or getting ready to step into the batter box vs Randy Johnson. I boosted my team and beat you...yea, it felt good.
  • In this set of lightning rounds, I can't even tank unless I enter in the first minute of the round. Half way in, when my highest level character is 105 or so, I am handed team that have 130+ as their LOWEST level characters.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is it normal to play only seed teams to 150+ points without seeing other (players') teams until I skipped on one node?
  • Kolence wrote:
    Is it normal to play only seed teams to 150+ points without seeing other (players') teams until I skipped on one node?

I got up to 250 from seed teams for the first time on this last round but others have mentioned doing that plenty of times in the past.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did anyone else come across Macervone43 during the Spidey LR? I got hit by him 5 times very quickly (only one of which I think was a retaliation). I had lvl 210 Punisher/210 Patch/179 Spidey and he had 70 MN Magneto/77 Classic Storm/23 Spidey. At one point, he beat me twice during one of my battles, none of which were that long.
  • Kolence wrote:

Depends on how many players in your MMR are in the round. The participants in a LR can vary quite a bit.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Boy did I tank before today's LRs. Paid off quite well, 5 covers: blue Spidey (don't need), 2 red Hulks, my first ever green GSBW and a green Punisher.
    Sorry HailMary for hitting you quite late, I was anxious to secure my first ever 1-2 placement in a LR.
    Now to tank the next 9,000 LRs!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Boy did I tank before today's LRs. Paid off quite well, 5 covers: blue Spidey (don't need), 2 red Hulks, my first ever green GSBW and a green Punisher.
    Sorry HailMary for hitting you quite late, I was anxious to secure my first ever 1-2 placement in a LR.
    Now to tank the next 9,000 LRs!
    Heh, no problem. I was just going for Top 8, and held on to it after your attack. I got a black Hulk and a red Punisher. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    sweet covers you got, grats!
  • The token I won from the Patch one got me my first Spiderman cover (blue!), although I probably paid a fair bit in shielding and buying health packs. Still, it was cheaper than buying the token itself so it was worth it.
  • Looking at the talk about tanking, I wonder if it's only possible with a certain kind of roster. Certainly I can't imagine anyone with a level 141 hero fighting guys who are only 2*, and if that was possible, then tanking for the guys with weaker roster would never work by definition, because they'd always run into the guy with a level 141 hero that also tanked.

It almost feels like your character has to be below a certain level (maybe 100?) to avoid fighting guys who are level 141, because if this isn't true, then you wouldn't be able to tank since the guy with a 141 hero that also tanked will always comfortably defeat you if he was also able to tank to your MMR range.