** Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) ** [PRE 2014-01]

12346»

Comments

• xinyucao wrote:
    10 red ap let me finish PvP faster, hence its better than 12 ap.

The healing factor never got used much in offence or defence for pvp,
    so it won't matter..

With Ironman as battery and boost, match finishes in 5 -8 rounds.

Say if red cost 10ap, and recharge give 9 red ap and boost give 6 red ap.
    I only need 2 more matches to cast red twice. If red cost 12ap, I would need 3 more matches instead.

Thor, Ironman40 and wolverine is the team.

I'm finding the same team to be very effective. Will probably be my A team until I can level up my Rags or C Mags.
  • I've done well with 5/5/3 but now that I team him with rags with his 2 tile red skill I'd prefer 5/3/5. I will say that during the hulk event I got very good use of his red skill when forced to team with punisher and/or hulk. If it was just one of them I could throw him in with Spidey and still have a powerful red skill to use. 10 vs. 12 can make a bit of a difference if he is your only real damage dealer. Agree with those that say it's not worth starting him over though.
  • Ok so I missclicked and gace my wolvie 4th red. Now he is 5/4/4 and lvl 60. I am going for respec and already have another 5/3/3. But i start to wonder is it worth it? I thought about making him 5/3/5 and leveling him all the way to 85. Or shuld i just stick to my 5/4/4?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/4 is fine. Only thing that matters is 5 green.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Mine is 5/3/3, 69 level (current max) and I have 2 red covers sitting comfortably in my 'inventory'. I was reading the discussion
    here and I was about to make the move for a 5/5/3 because there are only 2 days left for the 2 covers and I was bored waiting.

However, after the change to Ragnarok, I can't help but wonder in what way they will change Wolvie.
    They will most likely tamper with his green and that is something I can't change now, but will they change red and yellow?
    Putting some more thought into it, I am leaning toward starting another build just so I don't search for the red covers after they mess him up,
    and still keep the possibility for a 5/3/5 open.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sold on the 5/3/5 variant of Wolverine. I purposely went 5/5/3 and I am more than happy. His Red is very leathal and being able to use it sooner is thumbs up in my book. I get the always healing aspect regardless of tiles. Mathmatacially there are 64 tiles, all things being equal that means with 7 possible tiles, 8 if you count critical, that averages to be 9 tiles of each color on the board at all times. I can count on one hand the number of times I have only had less than 8 yellow on the board at one time. It is of my opinion that the game tries to balance the tile numbers. Wolverine's Red has saved me more than once, it's a single target nuke, that I've needed more than the heal. In addition, if you already have a healer like Black Widow (Original) or Spiderman, you don't really worry about it. I would rather have that back up red skill on stand-by. I have found going full rainbow or relying on one skill to win you the game is not a great strategy. How many times has your Thor been taken out and you need that one big strike to take out the last member of the team, but alas, you have to get one more turn of red to get your wolverine to go off, sure you just healed for 200 health or so, but guess what, your dead because their Thor already had all the tiles he needed to nuke you. That's why I would rather have a quicker to go off damage dealing ability than maybe healing an extra turn that there wasn't 8 on the board.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    xinyucao wrote:
    10 red ap let me finish PvP faster, hence its better than 12 ap.

The healing factor never got used much in offence or defence for pvp,
    so it won't matter..

With Ironman as battery and boost, match finishes in 5 -8 rounds.

Say if red cost 10ap, and recharge give 9 red ap and boost give 6 red ap.
    I only need 2 more matches to cast red twice. If red cost 12ap, I would need 3 more matches instead.

Thor, Ironman40 and wolverine is the team.

agreed
  • Hmm. I should stop reading the forums. After the last posts I seriously consider making him 5/5/3. Again.
    The fact that I will most likely have someone else to heal anyway and that having a board at <8 yellow for
    many turns is not that common may be good enough for a more offensive build.

Can someone post the stats (ability damage, attack tile damage and healing) for all abilities at 5 covers and max level?
  • Narkon wrote:
    Hmm. I should stop reading the forums. After the last posts I seriously consider making him 5/5/3. Again.
    The fact that I will most likely have someone else to heal anyway and that having a board at <8 yellow for
    many turns is not that common may be good enough for a more offensive build.

Can someone post the stats (ability damage, attack tile damage and healing) for all abilities at 5 covers and max level?

Wolverine Level 85, 5/35:

HP: 3560 Y39 R45 B9 P11 G50 B10 Crit 4.0x Env 3

Feral Claws: 278 damage
    Adamantium Slash: 2225 damage
    Healing Factor: 189 per turn.

I have no idea if damage is boosted with extra red covers. But I like 5/3/5. Allows him to tank easily, and I don't use his red often because a) I save it up to generate more strike tiles and b) I don't want to smash strike tiles if I can avoid it.
  • @jozier: Thanks for the stats.

I guess everyone is happy with the Wolverine he/she built.
  • So with the info in on the updated version of ** Wolverine, what spec would you guys choose?

And what would you choose if you already placed 5 yellow but still only have 2 in both red and green? Which is what I've done right now, and since it's my first ** character to level up, I would really like an advice on this. Seems like his yellow got the biggest change, and I'm a bit worried, that this will f*ck with his spec.

And does anyone know the new strenght of his strike tiles versus the old strenght?

EDIT (this is the patch coming for Wolverine for those who haven't seen):

Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

Wolverine's abilities are revised to bring them in line with 2-star balance. We've worked to maintain as much of his general gameplay as possible while we retuned his abilities - we really like his general design! The intention is to balance him to be a fun, potent character - but not so potent he renders everyone else obsolete.

All #'s are based on effective 6.

GREEN ABILITY – Feral Claws

Old Feral Claws

•Dealt 31 damage, created 1 Red Strike tile, plus 1 additional tile for every 5 Red AP the team has.

Cost: 7 AP

Upgrades:

• Level 2: -1 AP Cost
    • Level 3: -1 AP Cost
    • Level 4: -1 AP Cost
    • Level 5: -1 AP Cost

New Feral Claws

• Deals 33 damage and creates 1 Red Strike tile, plus 1 additional tile for every 5 Red AP the team has.

Cost: 6 AP

Upgrades:

• Level 2: 46 Damage
    • Level 3: Strike Strength 4
    • Level 4: 56 damage
    • Level 5: Strike Strength 5

New Skill Max (Level 85, skill at 5)

• Feral Claws – 500 damage, Strike tile strength 59

RED ABILITY – Adamantium Slash

Old Adamantium Slash

• Dealt 250 damage to the current target.

Cost: 14 AP

Upgrades:

• Level 2: -1 AP Cost
    • Level 3: -1 AP Cost
    • Level 4: -1 AP Cost
    • Level 5: -1 AP Cost

New Adamantium Slash

• Deals 180 damage to the current target.

Cost: 12 AP

Upgrades:

• Level 2: 216 damage
    • Level 3: 252 damage
    • Level 4: 288 damage
    • Level 5: 324 damage

• Adamantium Slash – 2884 damge

YELLOW ABILITY – Healing Factor (PASSIVE)

Old Healing Factor

• Every turn there were 10 or more Yellow tiles, healed Wolverine for 21 health.

Cost: Passive

Upgrades:

• Level 2: 9 or more tiles
    • Level 3: 8 or more tiles
    • Level 4: Heals 5 if fewer than 8 tiles
    • Level 5: Heals 21 every turn (no more tile count)

New Healing Factor

• If Wolverine is below 50% health, and the team matches Yellow, he is healed for 35 health.

Cost: Passive

Upgrades:
    • Level 2: Recovers 42 health
    • Level 3: Recovers 49 health
    • Level 4: Recovers 56 health
    • Level 5: Recovers 63 health

• Healing Factor – 562 health