** Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) ** [PRE 2014-01]

Comments

• I mistakenly went with a 4/4/5, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. I get that it makes the green skill 2 matches instead of one, but it multiplies times the number 5 red AP you have, so I normally only start spamming it when I have 5 or 10 red AP to maximise the effect.

Even with green at 4 per cast, it's SO easy to fill the board with attack tiles, I don't really miss the cost being 1 less.
  • I start to enjoy using him once I have max level him up.
    He's one of a solid player that might be useful against those strike tiles. Reason being his strike tiles are on the red ones which affect some of those attack / strike tiles ability. (DD / Daken - prevent them adding their tiles in the red ones)

Offensive wise, I feel that he pair well with Thor. Might dump my storm and go for him instead. Hoping my DD able to have the blue covers so that it will work well together. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • sparksue wrote:
    I start to enjoy using him once I have max level him up.
    He's one of a solid player that might be useful against those strike tiles. Reason being his strike tiles are on the red ones which affect some of those attack / strike tiles ability. (DD / Daken - prevent them adding their tiles in the red ones)

Offensive wise, I feel that he pair well with Thor. Might dump my storm and go for him instead. Hoping my DD able to have the blue covers so that it will work well together. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I haven't levelled my wolvie yet but in apsolutely love my storm c. If that was my option would be hard for me to imagine doing so. Wolvie must have done some good for you icon_e_smile.gif
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    sparksue wrote:
    I haven't levelled my wolvie yet but in apsolutely love my storm c. If that was my option would be hard for me to imagine doing so. Wolvie must have done some good for you icon_e_smile.gif
    He is immensely useful and the only 2 star I still regularly use (other than buffed Thor in the hunt). Leveled up he makes all of your other characters hit like trucks and paired with rags he is especially brutal. Haven't touched c storm in weeks, but wolverine is in my lineup at least 50% of the time.
  • I currently have a 3/4/2 Wolvie that sitting at 35 with some ISO in the bank. I wouldn't mind leveling him up with all that ISO but I kinda feel like there's a character that's going to replace him functionally. Is Punisher in that category? I got the 2 covers from the tournament but it's going to be a bit before he's viable when I get some more covers.
  • IronyMan wrote:
    I currently have a 3/4/2 Wolvie that sitting at 35 with some ISO in the bank. I wouldn't mind leveling him up with all that ISO but I kinda feel like there's a character that's going to replace him functionally. Is Punisher in that category? I got the 2 covers from the tournament but it's going to be a bit before he's viable when I get some more covers.

Depends on who you want to pair him with. They work on different colors and have different synergies.
  • sparksue wrote:

Trust me, once you level him up. You will not be regret getting him into your team and really dump Storm away.
    He's really bring my team look damn solid and you will start to take on those higher levels ones without worry that you will lose too much health / health packs too fast, just learn to use his most useful / powerful green icon_mrgreen.gif and healing ability to protect and build your team members - This is a really v. obvious tips if you don't have any 3* characters - Hack, once you have him, i doubt you will consider getting any characters that's higher than his green tile (He may not suit well with Rag at all) icon_rolleyes.gif You will start to know why if you use him as a support character.

one thing for sure, he doesn't really need any health pack at all. Heal too fast even that within 5 rounds. he should be back on his feet. (5/3/5 - I still feel this really suit him well, BUT do consider to go for 5/4/4 if you can't use him as front line anymore - Now having headache, since most of the characters have higher green ap compare to his 50 attack unless gg for other characters like spidey / magneto / IM4 / DD)
    Imagine I don't need to choose only characters selected damage tiles at all. I just pick and choose any colour and still high enough to hit them hard.

After using him, my most important ability in the game is not hitting high point with create tiles (thunder strike / Mjolnir,etc), Stunning ability, stealing ability, etc
    Just pure strike / attack tiles and in randomly locations - It's just too scary and fast to kill off game. I always thought stuns is good to kill off (game changer ability) those 2ap characters easily (which is the reason why I am holding on storm due to her stunning and damage to all characters ability), not anymore when you use strike tiles. Damage is too high, 3ap but the best is it stay even when he's kill off which is highly difficult when you are in playing instead of defensive team. It's just a game changer once you hit more than 3 strike tiles. (I have achieve it 7 red strike tiles in a few rounds) icon_twisted.gif
    Imagine my IM40 can deal more than 700 per hit with his Y/B/R tiles being linked. But you have to know how to play his ability to maximum usage.

Seriously, even Punisher Green ability will not be as useful as his green - the cost is just too low not to use to your advantages. Just get him and you won't regret level him up.

One thing to noted
    Sometime, it's not a good idea to have a rainbow team, but it's a important to have a character that can build your team strong - this is not a one man show game (aka Rag, 2ap combos) When you see him as a support role, you will definitely start to appreciate him and thinking - why did his ability not in 4* Wolve but a 2*? hack, he should really on 3* with higher color attack tiles. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sure, he can be killed fast - but provided you have someone who can kill him off straight without worry his healing ability. I guess he will be good team members to most of the current characters around.

I hope this post will interested those who's keen to level him up and push you guys to level him up quickly and make full use of his ability. Unless you have those 3* characters. I currently have IM40 Max, most of the 3* and not completed. Too low level use those 3* characters. icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    My Wolverine is at 5/3/3 now and I just snagged a red and a yellow cover. Should I make him 5/4/4 right now to max him out, or should I wait to go either 5/5/3 or 5/3/5? Neither the AP reduction below 12 nor the healing boost seem that important, so it seems like there's no particular reason not to just go 5/4/4...
  • Mine is 5/4/4 and I like him just fine. in a perfect world I suppose I would have liked 5/3/5 but for the amount I use him (PVE tourneys) he is fine the way I have him.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did 5/4/4 accidentally, but really the 2 ap or the extra healing don't matter that much, just do whatever covers you get
  • 5/3/5 is still the best build. People underestimate the importance of healing every turn. Red beyond 3 buys you really nothing -- you still have to make 4 match3s whether it's 10, 11, or 12 AP.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    5/3/5 is still the best build. People underestimate the importance of healing every turn. Red beyond 3 buys you really nothing -- you still have to make 4 match3s whether it's 10, 11, or 12 AP.

Best build? Yep absolutely. Worth restarting the character over if you screwed him up early on? As long as he carries 5 green I'd say you're golden
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    I rebuilt my 52 5/4/4 into an 85 5/3/5 with this tournament. It's SO worth it. I liked Wolvie before, but now he's insane with these buffs. Healing 340 every turn regardless of yellows... so useful.

Soon as I had the 5/3/5 copy at power cap, I drew a Wolvie of each cover the day that 4 Hulk missions ended. Was pretty annoying.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelbris wrote:
    Soon as I had the 5/3/5 copy at power cap, I drew a Wolvie of each cover the day that 4 Hulk missions ended. Was pretty annoying.
    There's just so few 2* characters in the "Powered Up" and "Gamma Bomb" tokens that a massive amount of repetition is unavoidable. It would be nicer if those 2* covers sold for a bit more than a measly 125 ISO.
  • Can someone explain the actual difference between having 4 feral claws and having 5? I built my Wolvie 4/4/5 before I really knew what I was doing. I guess I'll probably start over with him at some point, but I have yet to spend a single dime on this game so it will take months to do. Wish there was a way to reduce/replace the number of covers you have on a character.
  • joshvox wrote:
    Can someone explain the actual difference between having 4 feral claws and having 5? I built my Wolvie 4/4/5 before I really knew what I was doing. I guess I'll probably start over with him at some point, but I have yet to spend a single dime on this game so it will take months to do. Wish there was a way to reduce/replace the number of covers you have on a character.

At skill 5 it only requires a single green match to use his green and if you use buffs you can start a fight with 4 strike tiles before the match starts.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    joshvox wrote:
    Can someone explain the actual difference between having 4 feral claws and having 5? I built my Wolvie 4/4/5 before I really knew what I was doing. I guess I'll probably start over with him at some point, but I have yet to spend a single dime on this game so it will take months to do. Wish there was a way to reduce/replace the number of covers you have on a character.

At skill 5 it only requires a single green match to use his green and if you use buffs you can start a fight with 4 strike tiles before the match starts.

Thanks. I guess I can live with that difference for now. But I'm going to start a new build for sure.
  • I'd say 5/5/3 PvP, 5/3/5 PvE.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    I'd say 5/5/3 PvP, 5/3/5 PvE.

I would say 5/3/5 regardless but if forced to make them different then 5/3/5 Pvp and 5/4/4 Pve
  • 10 red ap let me finish PvP faster, hence its better than 12 ap.

The healing factor never got used much in offence or defence for pvp,
    so it won't matter..

With Ironman as battery and boost, match finishes in 5 -8 rounds.

Say if red cost 10ap, and recharge give 9 red ap and boost give 6 red ap.
    I only need 2 more matches to cast red twice. If red cost 12ap, I would need 3 more matches instead.

Thor, Ironman40 and wolverine is the team.
This discussion has been closed.