** Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) ** [PRE 2014-01]

[anchor=wolverine2]Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 3560 Tile damage: 39/45/9/11/50/10
    Feral Claws - 6 Green AP
    Wolverine's rage builds. He deals 33 damage and places 1 strength 3 Red Strike tile plus 1 for every 3 Red AP his team has.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: 46 damage. Level 3: Strike Strength 4. Level 4: 56 damage. Level 5: Strike Strength 5.
    Max Level: 520 damage and Strike tile strength 40
      Adamantium Slash - Red 12 AP
      Wolverine rips the enemy to shreds, dealing 180 damage.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: 216 damage. Level 3: 252 damage. Level 4: 288 damage. Level 5: 324 damage.
      Max Level: 2884 damage
        Healing Factor - Yellow Passive
        (PASSIVE) Wolverine's healing factor mends major injury and sustains his assault. If Wolverine is below 50% health and his team makes a Yellow match, his healing factor activates, restoring 35 health.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Recovers 42 health. Level 3: Recovers 49 health. Level 4: Recovers 56 health. Level 5: Recovers 63 health.
        Max Level: Recovers 562 health.

Older abilities:
          Feral Claws - 7 Green AP
          Wolverine's rage builds. He deals 31 damage and places 1 strength 3 Red Strike tile plus 1 for every 5 Red AP his team has.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
          Max Level: 278 damage and Strike tile strength 98
            Adamantium Slash - Red 14 AP
            Wolverine rips the enemy to shreds, dealing 250 damage.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
            Max Level: 2225 damage
              Healing Factor - Yellow Passive
              (PASSIVE) Every turn there are 10 or more Yellow tiles, Wolverine's healing factor restores 21 health.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Requires 9 or more Yellow tiles. Level 3: Requires 8 or more Yellow tiles. Level 4: Recovers 5 health if there are fewer than 8 Yellow tiles. Level 5: Recovers 21 health in all circumstances.
              Max Level: Recovers 189 health.

Original post:
              Do you guys think that maxing out green and yellow is the best ?

Comments

• Depend on your team, if you want fast game in term of damage then green, Yellow is good for surviving.
              • Go green and red
              • Anyone has max yellow and find it usefull or its just useless ?
              • Anyone has max yellow and find it usefull or its just useless ?

You can go up to 150-200 heal/turn at all times, which in my opinion is better than Wolverine X-Force's 3 turn wait for a single heal. Plus it's free, and there's nothing your enemy can do to stop it (except maybe a stun).
              • Bombul wrote:
                Anyone has max yellow and find it usefull or its just useless ?

You can go up to 150-200 heal/turn at all times, which in my opinion is better than Wolverine X-Force's 3 turn wait for a single heal. Plus it's free, and there's nothing your enemy can do to stop it (except maybe a stun).
                Yeah, stuns stop it.
                Anyone has max yellow and find it usefull or its just useless ?
                I intend to go max yellow because his red has something of an anti-synergy with his green. If you use his red, he's generating less strike tiles with his green. I save his red for when the board is basically saturated with red strike tiles. By then his red is hitting for more than 2000 damage.
              • So we're thinking max yellow and green, and leave red at 3? I agree, using his red screws up his green since he can't make as many strike tiles.

His red seems really expensive...are strike tiles clearly better than his red?

I have a 3/3/1 Wolvie and just got another green cover. Want to make sure I don't screw myself. icon_lol.gif
              • I went with 5G/5R/3Y

My theory was that I wanted Wolverine's two damage attacks to be as cheap as possible; I look at his healing ability as gravy. And while it's true that his green attack benefits from storing red AP, the green attack is cheap enough to get more tiles on the board quickly; I'd rather fire off his big red attack more often.

Having only 3 in his healing ability works for me since the team I use him on doesn't need any yellow AP and I tend to leave it on the board (2* Storm and 2*Magneto).
              • I got 5/3/4 and 5/3/5 is my target. To endgame you will be using another character like Thor or Ragnarok which also uses red gems. Wolvie will be super support character to brainless tanks like this two I mentioned. What would be better 10 red gems for wolvie atack or 5*2red gems attack of ragnarok? Answer is easy
              • Unknown
                edited July 2015
              • I thought there was a discussion about this already, but I cannot find it, and you can't do a board search on any character name.

So is the general recommendation 5/3/5 ? I have a 2/3/3 right now and a red cover waiting for me to make a decision.
              • I tend to try to lower the cost of skills if possible....so 5/5/3 would be my suggestion. passive heal is nice but maxing it out won't win you the game as fast as being able to cast skills more often. Good luck!
              • Personally I plan to go 5/3/5.

5 Feral Claws for 3AP allows to spam it quickly and the damage adds up quickly
                3 Adamantium Slash, I have other characters with good red skills and prefer healing
                5 Healing Factor makes him quite hard to kill without using skills
                Zathrus wrote:
                I thought there was a discussion about this already, but I cannot find it, and you can't do a board search on any character name.

So did I, I guess it was inside some other topic.
              • Shuino
                Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
                Shikao wrote:
                Personally I plan to go 5/3/5.

5 Feral Claws for 3AP allows to spam it quickly and the damage adds up quickly
                3 Adamantium Slash, I have other characters with good red skills and prefer healing
                5 Healing Factor makes him quite hard to kill without using skills
                Zathrus wrote:
                I thought there was a discussion about this already, but I cannot find it, and you can't do a board search on any character name.

So did I, I guess it was inside some other topic.

That's how I'm going as well, just need 3 more Yellow covers and I'm good.

Also, with the Red at 3 Covers it cost 12 AP at 5 Covers its 10. Most of the time you would need to match that extra set of tiles to use it anyways. That's how I look at it.
              • Yeah, I don't see any reason not to build him 5/3/5.

As noted in the other mystery thread, this guy's red clashes with his green ability (using your red ability empties out all your red AP...which means you can't make any strike tiles with your green).

His yellow definitely seems to be worth maxing out.

There are other, better offensive cards with damaging red skills, but he should be fine at 3 red.

TBH I don't find much use for this guy because of Thor, though...same colors and waaaaay better damage.
              • What does he heal for each turn at lvl 85 with max yellow? And how does that compare to a max level Daken? I'm wondering if either are worth leveling.
              • Nick-Fury wrote:
                What does he heal for each turn at lvl 85 with max yellow? And how does that compare to a max level Daken? I'm wondering if either are worth leveling.
                Mine is 70 (still need iso to get him to 77) and he heals for 153/round at 5 yellow.

From my experience he's always healed more than a similar level Daken and he has a higher level cap.
              • So over today's breakfast I started consider 5/5/3 build.
                There are characters that can generate Red AP (Storm Classic, IM M40, even The Hood), so he could charge quickly even without matching and his Red skill hits as hard as Thor's Yellow. Also, the only difference between 3 and 5 Yellow is whether he always heals or not as the amount healed is the same.

I was toying with some team ideas, but couldn't come up with anything great. There were some decent ideas, but usually with some cons e.g. Wolverine+Doctor Doom+IM M40, IM is the battery of course, only Purple skill missing, but the problem is that both Wolverine and Doctor Doom use Red tiles for their Strike/Attack tiles.
              • I've been running him with venom and spidey for a perfect Rainbow (1 ability on each color). I hear he does surprisingly well with Ragnarok. I don't know what a good third would be for that team though.

I think 5/3/5 is the best build with him. 2 Ap isn't a big deal but that passive always ticking is huge. I let mine eat some pretty major attacks and he regens it back pretty fast.
              • Nick-Fury wrote:
                What does he heal for each turn at lvl 85 with max yellow? And how does that compare to a max level Daken? I'm wondering if either are worth leveling.

Depends who you are running with Daken. Ragnarok/Daken can form a potent force, as each thunderclap you activate can result in several strike tiles due to Daken's passive. Used them a ton in the Dark Avenger tourney, alongside a maxed out Moonstone (for variety!). To me, I prefer Daken over AXM Wolvie for the saved turns from a passive skill over a skill you have to activate. My AXM Wolvie is only at Lv51, so not sure how they stack up health/damage wise.

Daken has annoyability factor too, nobody seems to like the passive turns icon_e_biggrin.gif
              • Wolverine's strike tiles are about twice (if not more) as powerful as Daken's at equal level
              This discussion has been closed.