** Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) ** [PRE 2014-01]

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I accidentally went 3/4/3, and now I'm sitting on two yellows trying to decide whether to end up 4/4/5, consider 5/4/4, or just start over. I really like the 5/3/5 build (as do many others), but is it worth wasting all the work I've put into my level 43 Wolvie?
  • I did the same, but on purpose first (then I realized, it would have been better the other way icon_e_wink.gif ). Got a 4/4/4 now and waiting for the last yellow. I won't start over again, that's for sure.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelbris wrote:
    Just accidentally raised his red to 4 instead of selling the cover. Can't do a 5/3/5 now. This sucks. I'm pairing him with Thor so his Strike is useless to me, compared to the constant regen.

Eh, 5/4/4 won't be that bad... Might make a second copy of him, with how popular his covers are, and sell the 5/4/4 when I get a 5/3/5. I wish there was a confirmation box for training a 3-power Cover past Level 3.
    I just did that too icon_e_sad.gif
  • Support should be able to fix it for you.
  • I have to say he's the most annoying character that i faced in the game and I definitely adding him into my team. He's ability is consider one of the most solid characters in the game as well.
    *Skills 5/3/5 - especially his healing ability. (Seriously, his healing ability should be for 4* character)

I remember his healing ability max per turn should be more than 150 per turn which most of the character can't hit that much. (unless you talking about max level characters - but as the game is v. new. Not much of the agents have the luxury to have max characters. A extra advantages to have him.

Consider his strike tile is 98 or 88 per hit. with extra red strike for 5 red AP. He's definitely of the guy who can made the team look solid good.

Also his red strike, i guess it's his finishing move which need 12 red AP - a solid attack as well which may hit over 2k if you plan how to use his strike tiles ability.

I seriously feel that his ability should be *3 / *4 character.

Playing against him at the max level, you have to kill him at one go (which mean you can't really attack him at the 1st point) or risk having him getting those strike tiles *which really annoy me having difficulty taking them down* made the entire team look scary while healing himself each turn waiting for his turn to strike.
  • I managed to find and use a bunch of red *2 Wolverines before I understood about the power cap. So now he's 3/5/3 and I've got two greens in the reward cache. I can't decide whether to go ahead and use them to make him 5/5/3, or sell the greens to hold out for two more yellows. Any advice?
  • Bartok wrote:
    I managed to find and use a bunch of red *2 Wolverines before I understood about the power cap. So now he's 3/5/3 and I've got two greens in the reward cache. I can't decide whether to go ahead and use them to make him 5/5/3, or sell the greens to hold out for two more yellows. Any advice?

His green is really good and green skills are rare (only 8 in game currently - fewest of all colors). With 3 in yellow he will still heal for max possible value, just maybe not every turn.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    You definitely want 5 green on him. Being able to spawn his tiles on any green match gets ridiculous at high levels (especially if you have lots of red ap). Do it a couple of times and *ANY* tile match is at around 1,000 points of damage. I've gotten it up to 800-900 in damage with every tile match and my Wolverine is level 52.
  • 3 yellow is not really an issue atm. Only one who eats up yellow is IM40. Thor who is a popular character actually generates yellow with ease.
  • That all makes sense, plus it's a bird in the hand. icon_razz.gif Green it is, thanks for the thoughts guys!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I accidentally went 3/4/3, and now I'm sitting on two yellows trying to decide whether to end up 4/4/5, consider 5/4/4, or just start over. I really like the 5/3/5 build (as do many others), but is it worth wasting all the work I've put into my level 43 Wolvie?

While I was trying to decide, I pulled yet another yellow one. So, I pulled the trigger. My 3/4/3 is staying in rotation, but any further upgrades are going to my new 0/0/3 one.
  • 5/5/3 is viable you know. The red skill doesn't always have to be a finisher, so long as your other team members are strong. I will use my red to finish a character or take a chunk out of rag once I've got the board filled. It is a very strong siill you know.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    5/5/3 is viable you know. The red skill doesn't always have to be a finisher, so long as your other team members are strong. I will use my red to finish a character or take a chunk out of rag once I've got the board filled. It is a very strong siill you know.
    3/5/3 is currently what I have and it's been fine for the Venom heroic. Widow nor Spidey have red, and Cap's red is complimentary since it only costs 1 AP effectively.
  • Hey guys- my Wolvie is the first char to hit max level. Who do you pair him with and even more importantly WHY?
  • f3nfire wrote:
    Hey guys- my Wolvie is the first char to hit max level. Who do you pair him with and even more importantly WHY?

I run with IM40 and Spider-Man (Classic).

IM40 is the battery who provides AP for the rest of team. Spider-Man stuns any troublesome opponents and Wolverine slowly, but surely increase damage. Usually after using IM's Charge it's game over. With Wolve's green skill I can lay enough Strike Tiles to make a simple match-3 dealing 1k damage and have enough blue to stunlock whole team with Spidey.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Just accidentally raised his red to 4 instead of selling the cover. Can't do a 5/3/5 now. This sucks. I'm pairing him with Thor so his Strike is useless to me, compared to the constant regen.

Eh, 5/4/4 won't be that bad... Might make a second copy of him, with how popular his covers are, and sell the 5/4/4 when I get a 5/3/5. I wish there was a confirmation box for training a 3-power Cover past Level 3.

Don't sweat it man. I know it seems like you have it all figured out, but one day you're going to be glad he has a strong red power on his own when you're forced to pair him with characters other than Thor due to tournament requirements. How often do you absolutely need his heals to be on without 10 yellow tiles on the board? You'd have to had taken significant amount of damage and he's not even that good of a tank given he's only a 2 star and so he doesn't move to the front that often.

I have a 5/5/3 and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

Don't sweat it man. I know it seems like you have it all figured out, but one day you're going to be glad he has a strong red power on his own when you're forced to pair him with characters other than Thor due to tournament requirements. How often do you absolutely need his heals to be on without 10 yellow tiles on the board? You'd have to had taken significant amount of damage and he's not even that good of a tank given he's only a 2 star and so he doesn't move to the front that often.

same thought here. but instead go to 4/5/4 because the yellow is gonna expired icon_cry.gif twice i sold the yellow cover and it still coming, not the red one. when buffed, his red is powerful. green no need to go to 5. 4 is more than enough to generate strike tiles
  • Sooty wrote:

same thought here. but instead go to 4/5/4 because the yellow is gonna expired icon_cry.gif twice i sold the yellow cover and it still coming, not the red one. when buffed, his red is powerful. green no need to go to 5. 4 is more than enough to generate strike tiles

Yes, you do need to go 5 in green -- that's a strike tile every match 3. The difference is huge.

And I also disagree with not taking yellow to 5 -- the difference between healing 130-odd every turn and 30 most turns is huge. Wolverine can tank w/ 5 yellow, and tank well. If he gets hit hard (say, by Thor's yellow) then you just have to take him off the front lines for a few rounds and he's back to full. Downtime? What downtime?

And yes, I use his red quite a bit as well -- I do think it's quite powerful, but since you want to collect red to power his green using it too often is counterproductive. I generally only use it to one shot or finish off an enemy -- otherwise I can do as much damage with 3 or 4 greens as with one red.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Sooty wrote:

Yes, you do need to go 5 in green -- that's a strike tile every match 3. The difference is huge.

And I also disagree with not taking yellow to 5 -- the difference between healing 130-odd every turn and 30 most turns is huge. Wolverine can tank w/ 5 yellow, and tank well. If he gets hit hard (say, by Thor's yellow) then you just have to take him off the front lines for a few rounds and he's back to full. Downtime? What downtime?

And yes, I use his red quite a bit as well -- I do think it's quite powerful, but since you want to collect red to power his green using it too often is counterproductive. I generally only use it to one shot or finish off an enemy -- otherwise I can do as much damage with 3 or 4 greens as with one red.

You can also just go fight some PvE enemies and have him heal to full that way either. I still think it only really matters if it's a life and death thing within that battle itself, which shouldn't be too common.
  • Which build is perfect build for wolverine ?
This discussion has been closed.