Changes to Mission Difficulty

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    As a mostly progression player, I'm loving the new format.

Joined Hulk yesterday, and will hit progression with 4 clears of each sub. And since I am only hitting 4 times and no end grind, I can actually play exactly when I want in the 24h period.

I dont understand.
    What do you mean you joined Hulk yesterday?
    You joined a 7 day event on day 5 ?
    When you speak of progression are you talking about 25cp?

many people join several days into an event to find a non-competitive bracket and to snipe placement awards. progression does typically refer to getting the 25 cp and with the new system progression is easily achievable in less than half the running time for the event.

Ok, For the Hulk event to get 25Cp you have to reach 61,000 points.
    If I start on day 5 of a 7 day event.
    How many points are you collecting per win?
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

Joined Hulk yesterday, and will hit progression with 4 clears of each sub. And since I am only hitting 4 times and no end grind, I can actually play exactly when I want in the 24h period.

I dont understand.
    What do you mean you joined Hulk yesterday?
    You joined a 7 day event on day 5 ?
    When you speak of progression are you talking about 25cp?

many people join several days into an event to find a non-competitive bracket and to snipe placement awards. progression does typically refer to getting the 25 cp and with the new system progression is easily achievable in less than half the running time for the event.

Ok, For the Hulk event to get 25Cp you have to reach 61,000 points.

In this case, beating all nodes once (including essentials) in the Hulk event will give you about:
    Day 5 (Greenland): 3862
    Day 6 (West Sahara): 4576
    Day 7 (Nevada): 5300

If you take each of those values and multiply them by 5, you get a total of 68690, which is more than enough.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Dtstump explained it perfectly, although i joined s4, so it was day 4 of a 7 day event, giving me roughly 15k points for 4 clears of each sub.
    I've finished t50 in each of the 2 subs I've played, although i expect to struggle to keep t100 overall, when the grinders get going.

And to clarify, since some will apparently misinterpret everything. To me, play when i want, means to compete for the same rewards as someone investing the same playtime as me, regardless of investing that time all at once or over a predefined period. Again, talking solely about progression.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Well well well, I had no idea ...
    Thanks for the info DTstump, Thanos8587 and Kjeldbjerg.
    I will give it ago one day. icon_e_smile.gif
    #nuffsaid
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Well well well, I had no idea ...
    Thanks for the info DTstump, Thanos8587 and Kjeldbjerg.
    I will give it ago one day. icon_e_smile.gif
    #nuffsaid

while many people do this, remember they are sacrificing the iso and cp as well as the event tokens for the first 3 to 4 subs. there is a give and take. you may also not make a fan of your alliance mates who play from day one.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is certainly a sure fire way of getting yourself removed from your alliance. Only something you could recommend to someone in a very casual alliance.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is certainly a sure fire way of getting yourself removed from your alliance. Only something you could recommend to someone in a very casual alliance.
    Lots of high level alliances focus on PVP only with no PVE requirements.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    And plenty of top alliances have a min. requirement of max progression, so don't really see how that would get you removed
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    So glad to see that the changes to mission difficulty lasted about a whole 2 weeks.starting with webbed wonder and now venom bomb I'm back to facing level 457 enemies for the final hard node.for a couple of weeks that node maxed out at 441.the other 2 hard nodes are up as well.even the 2 star essential,which was probably too easy at level 77,is now creeping over 100.and I haven't gained any levels on my 3 champed five's so it has nothing to do with scaling.it doesn't seem like much,but those extra enemy levels does make things that much more unpleasant.nice to see they raised the difficulty without any mention whatsoever.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Lytes420 wrote:
    So glad to see that the changes to mission difficulty lasted about a whole 2 weeks.starting with webbed wonder and now venom bomb I'm back to facing level 457 enemies for the final hard node.for a couple of weeks that node maxed out at 441.the other 2 hard nodes are up as well.even the 2 star essential,which was probably too easy at level 77,is now creeping over 100.and I haven't gained any levels on my 3 champed five's so it has nothing to do with scaling.it doesn't seem like much,but those extra enemy levels does make things that much more unpleasant.nice to see they raised the difficulty without any mention whatsoever.
    Good to know I'm not the only one it broke for. With this change the essential 2* node capped at 79 and node 6 at just over 300. Starting in the middle of Venom: Heroic the essential 2* node jumped up to 111-113, node 5 just over 300, & node 6 mid-high 310s, I don't remember exactly. And now Webbed Wonder has increased the difficulty again with 2* essentials at 125, node 4 is 303, node 5 is 318, & node 6 (non-wave) 334. My top 10 leveled characters has not changed at all since before this was implemented.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Tried posting yesterday that yep, scaling has been jacked up, combined with jacked up progression. Lovely
  • Bowgentle
    Tried posting yesterday that yep, scaling has been jacked up, combined with jacked up progression. Lovely
    Hitting progression is a side effect in new releases since I'll end up with 2x max anyway, but those extra 20 levels on the highest nodes make clearing more painful than it should be.

Either tell us that levels are intentionally higher again or roll out a fix, please.
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Hitting progression is a side effect in new releases since I'll end up with 2x max anyway, but those extra 20 levels on the highest nodes make clearing more painful than it should be.

Either tell us that levels are intentionally higher again or roll out a fix, please.

Still grumpy, Bow? icon_e_smile.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    DTStump wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

In this case, beating all nodes once (including essentials) in the Hulk event will give you about:

If you take each of those values and multiply them by 5, you get a total of 68690, which is more than enough.

Nice, but he didnt talked about 5 clears, he was loving the new format for 4 clears entering late, with 4 clears progression is not possible. And you cannot multiply them by 5, because points are lowered.
  • Bowgentle
    Sherlock1 wrote:
    Still grumpy, Bow? icon_e_smile.gif
    Eternally.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    tizian2015 wrote:
    DTStump wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

Nice, but he didnt talked about 5 clears, he was loving the new format for 4 clears entering late, with 4 clears progression is not possible. And you cannot multiply them by 5, because points are lowered.

Nice, but I was clearly responding to Jabrony Geoff, who asked:

My answer is an approximative estimation intended to help him know if he was able to get the 25CP.

Obviously not an argument for or against the new system. I don't even know why I'm answering you actually.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I thought I was going crazy, glad to see scaling is broken for others too.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    DTStump wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    DTStump wrote:
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:

Nice, but I was clearly responding to Jabrony Geoff, who asked:

My answer is an approximative estimation intended to help him know if he was able to get the 25CP.

Obviously not an argument for or against the new system. I don't even know why I'm answering you actually.

Because your first quote of Kjeldbjerg it looked for me, you wanted to confirm his statement, but you refuted it with your post. I failed. Sorry.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The devs did answer some questions about the new Level system so I wonder if there will be any clarification on scaling?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling has definitely increased. The final node was well into the 300s when I cleared last night. When they fixed it a few events ago I'd hit maybe the high 200s on the final node, which was challenging but doable. It would rank as "normal" to me when it had hit its cap. Now it's ranking as "Hard".

It's not helped by the fact this week's boosted characters are awful for me. Not a single usable 4* in the bunch, a couple are too new and the others I'm just not lucky enough to own yet. I've been trying to get by on Red Hulk/Thoress/IM40. This is not fun, so far.

I'd have understood these levels if it was a few weeks ago when Red Hulk was boosted and I was stomping the nodes with my 17k damage AoE. Now the enemies are a high level and my highest boosted character this week is She Hulk. I miss the days when 3* Captain America was the darling of the PvE. Now his 5000 damage feels pathetic.