Changes to Mission Difficulty

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

Another update from the development team, in regards to some changes in the mission difficulty, starting with the upcoming Hulk Event on Thursday.

"It has been about three weeks since the new mission difficulty has become the new standard for Story Events. We would like to make a few tweaks to the system to improve high level roster performance and reduce overall playing time for everyone. Please see below for details:

- Tweaked how enemies scale as your roster gets better. Higher level rosters will experience easier enemies than before.
- Reduced the amount of times a mission can be played after it reaches it's maximum difficulty. Missions can be played three times (down from four) before being worth 1 point.
- 2-Star Required Missions now have a maximum difficulty (like easy missions).
- The amount of points that the 2-Star Required Mission is worth has been reduced while the amount of points the 4-Star Required Mission has been increased. The amount of points a 3-Star Required Mission is worth has stayed the same."

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    This is straight up perfect! Now we don't waste time clearing nodes for no rewards in end grind, and with slightly less hassle due to lower levels!

Now fix the team up issue so I'm not facing enemies with 30k+ hp and a champed jg tu that only does 2500 damage and we'll really be in business!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lakestone, does it still take 4 clears to start the timer on non-wave nodes? Great changes, btw.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    These sound like good fixes. Now how about fixing one time nodes... they show that you have chance to win one of 7 rewards, yet you will get the first reward based on it's (difficulty) loot table. Just make them one reward nodes and give something like 200 iso, that would make most happy.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Really glad to see it's still being tweaked and worked on as we go icon_e_smile.gif
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I'm indifferent to the changes to points from essentials, but the rest is unadulterated bliss.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the communication demi! It's always appreciated.

If we are stuck with this basic scoring framework, then these are generally good improvements. Not sure about the rich-get-richer effects of putting more points in the 4* essential node. But net positive changes.

Now please please increase the iso flow rate by a significant amount. 1.5 or 2x would be a good start!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very good changes, thanks.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:
    - 2-Star Required Missions now have a maximum difficulty (like easy missions).

How much will it be reduced, currently anyone with a higher roster are getting hammered for that since the node is scaled far past the 2* level, but you obviously still have to use that 2* in the matches.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    So basically changes that only make it easier for high level rosters and everyone else just continues with the current **** system. Only more difficult because the point value for the 2* node is less. So when youve caused all the new players and mid tier people to quit caring about your game with all these changes and difficulties how long do you expect the game to last? I mean youre basically only catering to whales at this point and eventually they will get bored no matter what, then who will be left to play the game?. Ive already seen more people quitting than ever before, and even hardcore players have quit caring about pve. The recent new char pve was the least competitive new char event ive ever seen apparently due to the lack of interest from players who all hate the new pve system.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    So basically changes that only make it easier for high level rosters and everyone else just continues with the current **** system. Only more difficult because the point value for the 2* node is less. So when youve caused all the new players and mid tier people to quit caring about your game with all these changes and difficulties how long do you expect the game to last? I mean youre basically only catering to whales at this point and eventually they will get bored no matter what, then who will be left to play the game?. Ive already seen more people quitting than ever before, and even hardcore players have quit caring about pve. The recent new char pve was the least competitive new char event ive ever seen apparently due to the lack of interest from players who all hate the new pve system.

Stop spreading lies. Most if not all of the recent changes have been bad for veterans. For once we actually get a small bonus for progressing and building our rosters. What a crazy idea, being rewarded for putting in the effort and time icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cautiously optimistic.
    Hopefully "easier enemies" doesn't mean level 416 instead of 421.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Very welcome changes, especially the 1 less grind required.

You're doing something wrong then. I always found PVE easier to clear as a soft cap low level roster with minimal scaling. Did you perhaps accidentally recruit a 5* in your roster before your roster was ready to handle it and thus screw up your own scaling?
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I like these changes. Last event was annoying in the 2* essential when my character was getting wiped with one AOE from Ragnarok due to my scaling from my 5* roster thus forcing me to waste a few health packs to heal 2* cap.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Cautiously optimistic.
    Hopefully "easier enemies" doesn't mean level 416 instead of 421.

My guess is it will be ~20 levels or so (my scaling is capping at ~440). Hopefully it's more, though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    vaportrail wrote:
    I like these changes. Last event was annoying in the 2* essential when my character was getting wiped with one AOE from Ragnarok due to my scaling from my 5* roster thus forcing me to waste a few health packs to heal 2* cap.
    I keep all 2☆ covers in queue and only bring a 1 cover 2☆ copy to battle, If the 2☆ essential dies, sell, recruit a new one, play on, no health pack needed
  • Ulizeus
    Ulizeus Posts: 35
    fmftint wrote:
    vaportrail wrote:
    I keep all 2☆ covers in queue and only bring a 1 cover 2☆ copy to battle, If the 2☆ essential dies, sell, recruit a new one, play on, no health pack needed

Lol, the problem is not his/her survavility, almost all the time is a 2 vs 3 battle, sometimes the enemy team is leveled higher, HoD last sub had a lot of full hero teams, th hunt has similar essentials, well, second sub has 2* essential is a goon node if my memory is correct. I had my cap at 13x, so he was not so bad, but he was doing tickles with his shield, the difference between him as his 3* version are huge when you have them fully covered. Another event that is a pain is the Gauntlet, a lot of the hardest nodes also had essentials way to high scaled, even 4* with one cover are almost useless there, 2* and 3* die with 2 farts icon_razz.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:
    - The amount of points that the 2-Star Required Mission is worth has been reduced while the amount of points the 4-Star Required Mission has been increased. The amount of points a 3-Star Required Mission is worth has stayed the same."[/i]

I'll be curious to see how this affects ability to reach max progression. Right now I can't hit the 4's in the current event because, hooray, I didn't get a Wasp!

Next event that won't be a problem, but there will surely be an event soon with the upcoming characters where I'll be lacking the 4* essential. Hope that won't turn into a 'no token for you.'
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    These changes go in the right direction, thank you
    ....once you will make PVE with Progression rewards only, it will be PERFECT!

icon_e_biggrin.gifiso8.pngicon_e_biggrin.gifcommandpoints.pngicon_e_biggrin.gifiso8.pngicon_e_biggrin.gifcommandpoints.pngicon_blackbolt.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNG
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:
    - The amount of points that the 2-Star Required Mission is worth has been reduced while the amount of points the 4-Star Required Mission has been increased. The amount of points a 3-Star Required Mission is worth has stayed the same."[/i]

I'll be curious to see how this affects ability to reach max progression. Right now I can't hit the 4's in the current event because, hooray, I didn't get a Wasp!

Next event that won't be a problem, but there will surely be an event soon with the upcoming characters where I'll be lacking the 4* essential. Hope that won't turn into a 'no token for you.'

If they keep setting progression as low as they have been, that shouldn't be a problem.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well this looks like a change in the right direction, after we all reviewed how the event worked for the Wasp release it was obvious the difficulty for some users and the amount of time needed for completion was far too much. If we go from those 3-4h to 2:30 or something like that then the new format might be better than the old one.

I am happy because it looks like Devs have listened to us!!! So let's be optimistic about the new changes.