Changes to Mission Difficulty

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    So you reduced the mission rewards to six - but kept the critical boosts?
    Is this some kind of twisted inside joke now?

Wait, what? Is this in the new PvE? Why would they do this? Leaving 7/7 rewards for 7/7 clears would have been perfect. Why make it so that you're are required to do one clear for no prize other than event points? Gotta be an oversight, or that's just outright spite towards your players right there...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Wait, what? Is this in the new PvE? Why would they do this? Leaving 7/7 rewards for 7/7 clears would have been perfect. Why make it so that you're are required to do one clear for no prize other than event points? Gotta be an oversight, or that's just outright spite towards your players right there...

No, they reduced the number of clears by one:
    - Reduced the amount of times a mission can be played after it reaches it's maximum difficulty. Missions can be played three times (down from four) before being worth 1 point.

The trolling comes from them taking away row 6 of the reward table instead of row 7.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    So they deleted 500ISO (48h) and 250ISO, Token and 100ISO and left yellowcrit.pngyellowcrit.png and 70ISOs?

Now that's a TiNyKiTTy move.

icon_lol.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    an1979 wrote:
    So they deleted 500ISO (48h) and 250ISO, Token and 100ISO and left yellowcrit.pngyellowcrit.png and 70ISOs?

Now that's a TiNyKiTTy move.

icon_lol.gif

Its time to just accept that these people hate their players and just ignore it now.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2016
    ****! Why wasn't the removal of one reward mentioned in the original post? Did the devs want to bask in players' "Well done"-posts for a couple of days and did they really think we wouldn't notice the change once the new event started. Devs have been really **** about informing about changes previously, but during the last few weeks improvements had been made. But this... well, it's back to the reality.

Edit: just to make things clear, I've got nothing against removing one reward, if it meant removing last (worst) prize of the table, but devs really seem to think that we need those crit boosts...
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

No, they reduced the number of clears by one:
    - Reduced the amount of times a mission can be played after it reaches it's maximum difficulty. Missions can be played three times (down from four) before being worth 1 point.

The trolling comes from them taking away row 6 of the reward table instead of row 7.

I still don't understand why anything had to be taken away from the reward table tho...before it was 4 clears to start the timer, then 4 clears to get to 1 point. This made it so your final clear was for nothing but a small amount of event points. They removed this last clear, which is great. Why did they also remove a reward? Had they, you know...NOT done that, you would be gaining a reward for each clear, and no pass of any node would be go without a reward, no matter how *puts on sunglasses* critical the reward may be. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what y'all are saying here, but it seems like they are intentionally forcing players that want to compete to clear a node at its maximum difficulty for ZERO reward, which is kitty...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    So basically changes that only make it easier for high level rosters and everyone else just continues with the current **** system. Only more difficult because the point value for the 2* node is less. So when youve caused all the new players and mid tier people to quit caring about your game with all these changes and difficulties how long do you expect the game to last? I mean youre basically only catering to whales at this point and eventually they will get bored no matter what, then who will be left to play the game?. Ive already seen more people quitting than ever before, and even hardcore players have quit caring about pve. The recent new char pve was the least competitive new char event ive ever seen apparently due to the lack of interest from players who all hate the new pve system.

I can't comment on the volume of people quitting, that I don't know, but this new PVE system has definitely sucked major **** for people with LIVES that counted on being able to do just 1 clear and move on with their lives until grind time. I find it very hard to keep interest for 4 ish hours of straight grinding, or keep everyone alive after the scaling between missions completed.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    So basically changes that only make it easier for high level rosters and everyone else just continues with the current **** system. Only more difficult because the point value for the 2* node is less. So when youve caused all the new players and mid tier people to quit caring about your game with all these changes and difficulties how long do you expect the game to last? I mean youre basically only catering to whales at this point and eventually they will get bored no matter what, then who will be left to play the game?. Ive already seen more people quitting than ever before, and even hardcore players have quit caring about pve. The recent new char pve was the least competitive new char event ive ever seen apparently due to the lack of interest from players who all hate the new pve system.

I can't comment on the volume of people quitting, that I don't know, but this new PVE system has definitely sucked major **** for people with LIVES that counted on being able to do just 1 clear and move on with their lives until grind time. I find it very hard to keep interest for 4 ish hours of straight grinding, or keep everyone alive after the scaling between missions completed.

One of the things I hated under the old PvE system was finishing Day 1 of The Hunt, and then having to slog through the 37 one-time nodes in the Florida sub before I could fall asleep.

Now we can have that feeling after every single sub.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Having played through the quad clear for the first sub of Hulk, I have a few thoughts.

That 2* node was way, way easier than I expected. Like, stopped at 67 when the other essentials started at 308. Still, not complaining; just surprised.

I had misread how the reduction in mission points was working. I thought it was going to be a tri-clear to start, then normal (i.e.: four) reductions. Having it this way, I probably need to find a different slice. But I suppose it might be better, this way; just not better for me, given time constraints in my normal slice. I do wonder why the rewards were reduced, though. If you can still hit it seven times for points, why reduce the rewards to six.

I didn't really notice the reduction in difficulty of the hard nodes, though I'm not saying it's there. Just, if it is, it's not big. (Having that Hulk node at the end kind of skews things, because the top node was the only one I remembered the difficulty on. It was 453 previously, but Hulk got up to 578. I know, one foe, so that's why I'm saying I'm not sure. Still, we'll see how grind time goes now. That'll be the acid test.)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    For reference since the devs haven't acknowledged this change
    yiwJjR7.jpg?1
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    fmftint wrote:
    For reference since the devs haven't acknowledged this change
    yiwJjR7.jpg?1

The link in the in game pop up actually acknowledges it. But, as usual, they are terrible at communication.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... st-03-2016

Edit: Also, it states one time nodes now give 200 iso.

And for quick reference -

950915b7ce2893b34975e90078673e6070cd29b2.png

5d42b924fc20d563315c465ed5d72783b56c75b7.png
  • at D3:

-Guys let's reduce the repeats to 6 instead of 7.
    -Okay, but let's remove the rewards for the 6th time instead of the 7th. Players need critical boosts.
    -excellent point!
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Oh boy, what an exciting time to be a player with 2* roster!

In PvP I started getting clubbed shortly after I got my first 2* champ. Then I faced all the fun enemies with 5* characters who destroy me with match damage and 3* champs everywhere. Super fun. I pretty much stopped playing PvP completely.

I was slowly progressing in PvE and farming DDQ. I'm still sitting at 4 2* champs (lack of roster space stopped me from leveling new ones), a bunch of 3* (none of them playable), and few 4* with single covers. PvE is a struggle, mainly because of essential missions, that give so many points. There are also events that require grinding for a week, that I just skip, because I don't have time to grind as much.

Only once I managed to get CP reward from full progression in PvE. Recently I acquired some extra hp and I was finally able to roster most of 2* and some extra 3*. I was hoping that it will let me get better progression and placements in PvE.
    So, now I learn that 2* essentials will give me less points and I need 4* to make up for it.

**** am I supposed to do? Can't get 4* in PvP, with new changes I will also struggle to get any 4* from placement in PvE. On top of that, every single roster spot gets more expensive, because of reasons mentioned above, I even struggle to get decent amounts of hp for more space. Then devs flood us with new 4* chars every 10 days and immidiately throw them as essentials in new PvE events.

If the solution is: spend more rl money or fk off, then the answer seems obvious.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    So, now I learn that 2* essentials will give me less points and I need 4* to make up for it.
    How about being less dramatic and instead look at PVE instead?
    Then you'd notice that the 2* node gives about 80% of the points of the 4* node.
    That 20% fewer points in one node will not impact your ability to reach max prog in PVE at all.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Someone decided: "They earn too much ISO" Let's lower the ammount that can be earned". Some day we will read: "We did some tweaks. Listening to players community we change all the rewards in all the nodes to crit boosts, as we know this is the most desired reward of all"
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I am seriously start to think that Devs want us to quit the game for good....there is no other explanation icon_e_confused.gif
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    MrTrix wrote:
    Just wanted to add my 2-cents, as a 2-star (with some 3-stars, and no playable 4-stars).
    Contrary to the previous event, I'm doing quite well in this one (I'm back in the top 100)... not sure if it's because the difficulty was lowered a bit for my particular situation, or if it's because my level 75 Thor (2-star) is able to pull me through most of the difficult situations (my other 2 team members seem to be mostly there as punching bags icon_e_confused.gif )...

Well, seems Thor was indeed my reason for doing well in the previous PvE event. This time around, the only boosted character from my 2* roster is Hawkeye, so I'm forced to use some of my underdeveloped 3*'s (most of them only have 1/1/1 covers, as I have serious problems gaining any 3* covers outside of the PvE events).
    It'll work for the lower levels of the event, but I don't think I'll be able to win anything worthwhile in this one.

I really wish they'd allow a wider variety of 2*s to be used during these PvE events (especially for players that don't really have any useful options at the higher levels), and that they'd make it a bit easier to obtain 3* covers.
    PvP doesn't help either... Lightning Rounds only give me useless 1* covers before the level rises too high for me to win anything, and other PvP events will hardly give me any covers at all... and if I ever get one, it's usually a 2* cover that I already have 5 of.
    So my main source of covers is Deadpool's Dailies, and again, chances of getting a 2* that I can't use are significantly higher than chances of obtaining a 3* that I *can* use.
    How does someone at my level get some useable 3* covers for the characters I have?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be really intrigued to hear a response regarding the Critical Boosts. I'm surprised they never have. What exactly do they think is so valuable about them? I've never used them even once in the 600+ days I've been playing the game now.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be really intrigued to hear a response regarding the Critical Boosts. I'm surprised they never have. What exactly do they think is so valuable about them? I've never used them even once in the 600+ days I've been playing the game now.
    Use them with Phoenix for some crazy damage.

Still, I don't need to get so frigging many of them.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    MrTrix wrote:
    MrTrix wrote:
    Just wanted to add my 2-cents, as a 2-star (with some 3-stars, and no playable 4-stars).
    Contrary to the previous event, I'm doing quite well in this one (I'm back in the top 100)... not sure if it's because the difficulty was lowered a bit for my particular situation, or if it's because my level 75 Thor (2-star) is able to pull me through most of the difficult situations (my other 2 team members seem to be mostly there as punching bags icon_e_confused.gif )...

Well, seems Thor was indeed my reason for doing well in the previous PvE event. This time around, the only boosted character from my 2* roster is Hawkeye, so I'm forced to use some of my underdeveloped 3*'s (most of them only have 1/1/1 covers, as I have serious problems gaining any 3* covers outside of the PvE events).
    It'll work for the lower levels of the event, but I don't think I'll be able to win anything worthwhile in this one.

I really wish they'd allow a wider variety of 2*s to be used during these PvE events (especially for players that don't really have any useful options at the higher levels), and that they'd make it a bit easier to obtain 3* covers.
    PvP doesn't help either... Lightning Rounds only give me useless 1* covers before the level rises too high for me to win anything, and other PvP events will hardly give me any covers at all... and if I ever get one, it's usually a 2* cover that I already have 5 of.
    So my main source of covers is Deadpool's Dailies, and again, chances of getting a 2* that I can't use are significantly higher than chances of obtaining a 3* that I *can* use.
    How does someone at my level get some useable 3* covers for the characters I have?

Take your time icon_e_smile.gif

Without knowing your roster too much (protip: MPQ gamependium is great), I think you should focus on:
    * Accumulating HP and adding roster slots
    * Championing a few 2*s. Preferably at least 5 or 6
    * Trying and sniping PvP events (not Lightning Rounds!) by entering the event as it is about to end. You may get lucky and place well. Try to get to 300 points for the event token or to 400 for the 25 HP
    * Rostering every 3* you can, even the bad ones

Once you have at least 1 cover of a 3*, getting more copies in the DDQ is easy, as long as you can beat the Big Enchilada consistently.