***** Black Bolt (Inhuman King) *****

Options

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Black could be called "Tragic Kingdom" or "Thieves In The Castle".

Description could start with "Those that Blackaggon loves, always hurt him the most. If there are not XXX tiles in the board etc etc etc."

His wife is now banging The Human Torch, his brother has destroyed his kingdom several times, his BFFs / The Illuminati have betrayed him once or twice, and more.

;+)
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have common sense and make him a FIVE STAR character. Please, you guys. Please.

Funny thing, he's actually a 1-star character.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have common sense and make him a FIVE STAR character. Please, you guys. Please.

Funny thing, he's actually a 1-star character.

Thought he was the newest 3 star?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    It's not covers, it's levels. Allegedly.

People probably shouldn't read what they want to...it's a recipe for disappointment.

D3 has a history of using power levels to mean number of covers...you need only look back a few weeks.

From R105 Patch Notes:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Roster & Character Select screen: When viewing the character power level bar, selecting a power level reveals the description as if your character currently had that power level. *(See screenshot #1)

So with the reveal today, I stand corrected. That's not how I read the ability description (not this one, the actual in game one from the datamines)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5*, horray! Let's check how I'm doing on the last several released 5*'s...let's see...

Cap: 2 covers
    IM: 2 covers (only because they were given out as event rewards)
    BSSM: 2 covers
    GG: 1 cover
    Hulk: 1 cover

Looking forward to yet another 5* diluting the pool, getting one cover for him and never being able to cover any of them!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Powers are leveled to 5/5/5 can also dole out some extra damage or other effects that were otherwise unavailable at level three or four, like producing a Fortified Countdown tile for War Machine’s Aerial Assault, or generating extra Yellow AP with Kingpin’s The Fisk Defense!"

Spending 8 yellow to get back 8 yellow sounds like an absolutely fabulous idea!!
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Using 8 yellow AP to boost a 5/5/3 character to 5/5/5 is a bit disappointing to put it mildly. And whales are definitely not using undercovered characters, so what's the point of this ability?

And, if the Scream power drains all AP, it better be insta-kill.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    5*, horray! Let's check how I'm doing on the last several released 5*'s...let's see...

Cap: 2 covers
    IM: 2 covers (only because they were given out as event rewards)
    BSSM: 2 covers
    GG: 1 cover
    Hulk: 1 cover

Looking forward to yet another 5* diluting the pool, getting one cover for him and never being able to cover any of them!

If you are lucky to get his yellow it will be as if you have a few more covers, so there is that to look forwards to i guess, i only have one 5star cover in my roster, GG's yellow so yeah and my 4star roster is lacking as the best 4star i got is a 5/4/3 lvl 130 nick fury

Also for newbies who happen to get enough cp or just get a legendary token if they pull BB's yellow it will provide alot of use for them so that's nice
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm too lazy to type this out twice, so I'll quote myself:
    I'm calling it: Black Bolt's yellow is the worst skill in the entire 5* tier. The stronger his companions are, the less value it gives you. And, not mentioned in the article but visible in one of the images, it causes friendly damage too (not clear if it damages the target or Black Bolt himself).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I'm calling it: Black Bolt's yellow is the worst skill in the entire 5* tier. The stronger his companions are, the less value it gives you. And, not mentioned in the article but visible in one of the images, it causes friendly damage too (not clear if it damages the target or Black Bolt himself).

And another thing:

With the design of 5* characters, they moved to a model where character levels generally are more valuable than the number of covers in a skill, so characters of his own tier -- the ones that are the hardest to cover in this game and most likely to be run with less than 13 covers -- gain even less value from it.
  • LuciferianX
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:

This is inaccurate based on what's been disclosed; we don't have the final yet, but his yellow does not deal damage to the team, that's his black. So if there were 5 charged tiles, he dealt damage to himself and the target. Now if his yellow has some detail level not yet disclosed in the precis, right on, and I'll stand corrected, but as written it's purely a single target buff.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:

This is inaccurate based on what's been disclosed; we don't have the final yet, but his yellow does not deal damage to the team, that's his black. So if there were 5 charged tiles, he dealt damage to himself and the target. Now if his yellow has some detail level not yet disclosed in the precis, right on, and I'll stand corrected, but as written it's purely a single target buff.

It's in a screen shot found in the interview. The description of the power shows it costs him health per turn:
    http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/f0/57aa2468e8bd9.jpg
  • LordXberk
    Options
    Should've been Levels (actual levels, like 255 - 550) and and not covers (up to 5). Each Yellow cover for BB adds X # of levels, which would increase match damage and ability damage. Or, don't limit it to 5 (yes, I know the devs would have to generate 'level' 6 powers). As it stands, the power is terrible - it only allows for usage when you bring in undercovered allies and then when you add additional covers, the power has less value! And, it deals self-damage!! And, it costs 8 yellow AP!!! And, it only lasts 3 turns!!!!! What a rip!

The only thing that could potentially save BB now (IMO) is if that Green power is close to an insta-kill and/or it's AOE.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:
    Should've been Levels (actual levels, like 255 - 550) and and not covers (up to 5). Each Yellow cover for BB adds X # of levels, which would increase match damage and ability damage. Or, don't limit it to 5 (yes, I know the devs would have to generate 'level' 6 powers). As it stands, the power is terrible - it only allows for usage when you bring in undercovered allies and then when you add additional covers, the power has less value! And, it deals self-damage!! And, it costs 8 yellow AP!!! And, it only lasts 3 turns!!!!! What a rip!

The only thing that could potentially save BB now (IMO) is if that Green power is close to an insta-kill and/or it's AOE.

Yeah I agree, I said the same thing in a previous post.

If it were levels instead of covers ALL chars would benefit from the power, not just in some of them, in the three of them (levels would even affect your hitpoints). Going 50 levels up in Physic Flames or Living Legend it would be really really good (maybe 50 is even too much). Going two covers up in From the ashes or Reluctant Hero just for three turns doesn't help you that much (specially for powers that are useful if they are 'on' all the time).

The only 5 that may really benefit from this is maybe IM46, but it is a yellow power, so it will clash with IM yellow's so not even then and It is even worse for GG :S (I guess SS and Cap can also be benefited a bit, but they are low tier, so who cares icon_razz.gif).

Let's wait and see what are the final numbers, but right now I am not as hopeful as I was before yellow revelation that he was going to be top tier icon_e_sad.gif

PS: There are more 4s than 5s that can benefit from yellow, but at this stage in the game, anybody that will be ready to use BB and his yellows most certainly has a team of 5s, so , who cares about benefiting 4s?!?!?!
    PS: If SS would also benefit from the number of charged tiles in the board...
  • LuciferianX
    Options
    Yep.

I stand corrected. That is worthless. I don't care how many exclamation points are in the interview. Usually by the time I'm done building a team, it's setup in a particular way for a reason. This does not excite me. Green is still amazing.
  • LordXberk
    Options
    Yep.

I stand corrected. That is worthless. I don't care how many exclamation points are in the interview. Usually by the time I'm done building a team, it's setup in a particular way for a reason. This does not excite me. Green is still amazing.

I'd reserve judgment on Green being 'amazing' until we get the actual damage numbers (assuming we haven't already and I missed them). They took a potentially great Yellow power and screwed that one up. Even something as simple as "50-100% more damage" (either match or ability or both) when the motivation tile was out would be tons better than the current power, even if it cost more than 8. The current power is so weak.

Sucks that I've been hoarding CP and LT for so long hoping that Hulk or Black Bolt would be great and both seem to be 'meh.' Perhaps the damage #s for the Black power or the Green power are off the charts and BB is still great w/ only 2 worthwhile powers, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:

I'd reserve judgment on Green being 'amazing' until we get the actual damage numbers (assuming we haven't already and I missed them).

The restrained version is target damage, but his green destroying the board does AoE damage (based on the spoiler description, so grain of salt).

The full version is going to do a F-ton of match damage alone. Using PHX's match damage numbers (I dunno what TU damage is, I assume it's a couple hundred), it should be around 18k on average for destroying the board (though in practice probably less as the board skewed towards non-preferred colors).

At the cost of all of your AP though, so miniimum 35AP, so the AoE component separate from the board destruction should be fairly high to justify the cost and tier. 10k, making it 28k to target and 10k to others?
  • LordXberk
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:

I'd reserve judgment on Green being 'amazing' until we get the actual damage numbers (assuming we haven't already and I missed them).

The restrained version is target damage, but his green destroying the board does AoE damage (based on the spoiler description, so grain of salt).

The full version is going to do a F-ton of match damage alone. Using PHX's match damage numbers (I dunno what TU damage is, I assume it's a couple hundred), it should be around 18k on average for destroying the board (though in practice probably less as the board skewed towards non-preferred colors).

At the cost of all of your AP though, so miniimum 35AP, so the AoE component separate from the board destruction should be fairly high to justify the cost and tier. 10k, making it 28k to target and 10k to others?

I hope you're right. 28k +10k AOE would be pretty awesome. Also hope Cthulhu gets some specs up sometime today. And, while it seems unlikely, I'd love to hear what changes they're making to the Latest v. Classic LTs.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    whathappened.jpg