***** Black Bolt (Inhuman King) *****

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree that "power levels" is, at best ambiguous. Would like more details.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fnedude wrote:
    I'd say he's a 5* also.

So can we get some feedback from D3 of what is going to happen with the 5* rewards with Cap+IM47?

Does Cap get bumped, or IM? Or both stay in the current token?

I definitely want to know....

PLEASE bump Cap first. I'd love to be able to drop my LT stash on three quality options.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PLEASE bump Cap first. I'd love to be able to drop my LT stash on three quality options.
    would not be surprised if they bumped it up to 4 in latests at some point. this would be a time that might happen (if it will). will just put off the decision (5tark vx 5teve) a couple months.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    will just put off the decision (5tark vx 5teve) a couple months.

I see what you did there and I like it.
  • edotlee
    edotlee Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    IM40 would pair up nicely with Black Bolt to hit those AP requirements.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pair black bolt with Nick fury just for the fun of using both those skills powered up.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blacbolt has to be a 5* cover, if not why not?
    Blackbolt is feared in the Marvel Universe....Everyone tiptoes around him,.."hey, let's not upset this guy".

The more insanely powerful the better in my honest opinion.

#nuffsaid
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't do tinfoil hat, but here's what I expect:

Black Bolt is a 5.
    Some have speculated Spider-Woman is a 5. If both are fives, then one of two things will happen:

1) Cap & IM LXVI go to the Classic table, and those odds get even lower, and this is before the inclusion of Wasp, but leaves Black Bolt, Banner and Spider-Woman in Current.

2) The New Legends table stands at 25 CP/5%, a new, Classic Epics table is built out for 50 - 100 CP per draw (probably 100) and the world explodes with buy clubs going H.A.M. because -- hey -- it's a free Epic and for those people who have them all championed this is nothing but gravy, but out of reach of the bulk of the player base, and a third, "Guaranteed 4 Star" table goes up for 10 - 20 CP (I'm guessing 15).

Otherwise we're going to see some really funky draw tables on Classic Legends, and for those who never got a Yellow OML cover (despite drawing on every opportunity) those chances are reduced further.

[minor rant]

I don't mind that we're getting more epics, more four stars, I play my way and that's highly deliberate; I've already been "priced out" of the average PVP match because my roster dictates I'm constantly facing 400+ OMLs, PHX & Surfers, which when I have a whopping 4 maxed four stars and three champions is definitely not fun.

I have only spent 120 CP in the last 2 months, and I'm going to put a freeze on my Legendary tokens until Black Bolt is in the tables. That said, this points back to the fundamental flaw in the growth system, as things still feel like they're designed to either make money for the sake of it (not be confused with making money because that's the goal of a business) or frustrate players. I point to Warframe as the perfect example of a FTP game that rewards you for being in the environment, instead of punishing you because you don't know what's coming next. Would it be so terrible to cough up one hundred bucks for three covers in an Epic? Even as a one-time deal? If the goal is to make money, then build an avenue that rewards people for investing, instead of spending it on a massive roulette wheel.

[/rant]
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't do tinfoil hat, but here's what I expect:

Black Bolt is a 5.
    Some have speculated Spider-Woman is a 5. If both are fives, then one of two things will happen:

I don't think Spider woman is a 5. Black Bolt most certainly is (I would be quite surprised if he weren't). And Doc Strange when he is released next month (or maybe October, I dont remember when the movie is coming out) it will also be a 5. They might release another 5 for the anniversary. If SpiderW is a 5 it will be just so they can move both Cap&IM together to classic, but I dont think so. They might leave both in latest and add BB so we have four 5s in latest and five in classic. Or just move one randomly to classic (Devs love random so this might be the one) and then add BB.

We have too many 5s already and the number grows fast now. If devs keep this speed and they release a 5 every month we are not going to be able to max any of them anytime soon.

I have to say though that I really want to know if BB is a 5 and his final stats.
  • LuciferianX
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bolt

"level a city."

Yeah, that's a five. I know, I know, he could be a 2 for all that it seems to apply, but you and me talking, this is classic five territory, up there with Phoenix and Surfer.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope that "motivation tile" actually increases the power level of ally abilities, not just match damage. Not that I'm likely to get that many Black Bolt covers, but to make an ally potentially 5/5/5 while it's out sounds pretty good.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I hope that "motivation tile" actually increases the power level of ally abilities, not just match damage. Not that I'm likely to get that many Black Bolt covers, but to make an ally potentially 5/5/5 while it's out sounds pretty good.

What if it's actually 6/4/6? Oh snapz
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:

If it's just match damage, then it's no difference to attack tiles. Surely has to be abilities to warrant a different type of tiles
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

What if it's actually 6/4/6? Oh snapz
    I wondered if that might be possible, but D3 would have to take the time to determine what rank 6 would be for every power for every character in the game. That would include utility powers that don't affect damage or healing in any direct way. It would be cool if a power were boosted to rank 6, but that just won't happen. The motivation will probably have different affects as it increases in rank (1. Increase all match damage by X; 2. Increase rank of a power by 1; 3. Decrease ability costs by 1; 4. Increase match damage by X2; 5. Increase rank of a power by 2)
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it just increases cover levels... that seems like a really odd choice, in that with the 5*, D3 seems to be catering to whales. Raising cover levels doesn't really do that... in fact, it does the opposite and caters to people with only a few covers (which is a good thing, just not what D3 typically does). Honestly, I wouldn't want to use up a power slot to take a 5* from 5/5/3 to 5/5/5. I don't care about having 5 yellow in Goblin. 5 green for JG is only situationally useful. It's a small bump in power for OML, BSS, and SS, but nothing major. I really hope it adds levels to the character instead.

I am almost certain it won't raise a character's power to 6 covers. That would require D3 determining a new level for every power in the game.
  • Polares
    Options
    I am almost 100% sure is going to be about levels, it is much much easier for devs, and now that we have 550+ level enemies I guess it makes sense to have chars over 550 too icon_razz.gif

It is also easier to do for different number of covers
    1 cover - 10 extra levels
    2 covers - 20 extra levels , etc
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    let's
    Mods don't normally edit red-name posts, but that apostrophe had to go.

Your "mod voice" thing in your signature made me realize

You're essentially the Black Bolt of the community. When you use your mod voice, you can destroy whole planets of unnecessary punctuation.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel like it has to be said... does his yellow stack, and if so, how many times do you have to use it before it bumps your power levels above 9000?
  • Polares
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    I feel like it has to be said... does his yellow stack, and if so, how many times do you have to use it before it bumps your power levels above 9000?

It doesn't stack because you CAN'T double cast

Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - If one doesn’t exist, converts a random basic tile to a 3-turn motivation tile that targets one ally to increase all their power levels
  • LuciferianX
    Options
    Ahh, I see; it isn't "cast and resolve," it's "cast and maintain." It's a buff so long as the CDT is in play, see: Star-Lord, Cyclops (4*), War Machine.

Also, lest we forget, while everyone is on point linguistically (power level = covers), there are other ways to measure power, frex:

While this tile is on the board, one ally's abilities are improved by 10%. What does that mean for Wanda? Or The Hood? Who knows?

While this tile is on the board, all Match Damage is increased by 10%. This would be subtle and much nastier than people would initially think.

While this tile is on the board (and someone said this, so credit to them), an ally is improved by n. levels, where n. is derived from the level of BB x Cover Modifier.

It's the most interesting because it's the hardest to infer what the end result will be. Like others, I am curious what this is going to look like, but I think it's going to be the 'sleeper power.' Doesn't look like much until you see it in action, then it's all "Holy tinykitties, Batman." Also, he blows the snot out of it when he hits 5 rainbow + detonate.

On that power, by the way; if a cranked Moon Knight can hit for 20k on 11 green, I'm entirely fine with BB leveling a city with his ability and taking someone with it. It's not an AOE, so this isn't "End the Match," but it will likely turn anyone who is facing it into dust when he's at max level. Still unclear why in his precis he has a feedback ability. Is it because his restraint is crumbling? I just want to understand the character logic on his black. I've read the character bio on Wikipedia and I'm not 'getting it.'