Double-tap apologies

1235»

Comments

• jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    suggestion two here would eliminate cupcakes.

I don't get you. You cry about variety but you want to get rid of cakes? You do realize that a giant portion of the front running bakers have monster 5* right? If cakes are gone, not many are going to continue to hit each other's A teams to 3k. Instead of baking, shielding, and getting out of the way, they will float forever clogging your queues even more while farming you.
    Ppl were scoring high well before cupcakes came on the scene and would continue to do so.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Vohnkar wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

That is complete and utter bull ****. How does Player A know that they have broken the rules of your sacred covenant? Is Player A even aware of the unwritten rules of player versus player? Would you like it if Player A got a load of their cronies to gang up on you for refusing to conform to their rules of which you had no knowledge?

The only rules of the game are those that the developer has put into place, which is usually you have to use a certain character, if you want to play your own fictitious rules among your alliance and friends that's fine, but don't expect others to do the same and certainly don't bully others when they don't comply.

If a player is unshielded they are fair game.

I can't help it, if they don't know the "sacred covenant". For us, it is cooperation and teamwork. Our play style helps our teammates win and place in PVP's and our alliances get better awards. It is the advantage of having friends and teammates who have our backs as well as quality communication. We are not going to change the way we play. If the developers did not want us to act like teammates, they would not have created alliances. You can call us names, but it won't change the facts or the results.

The problem with that play style is that you are ruining the game for a lot of players. I didn't know that this hole CC, baking and other things existed until I read this post and searched on the forums other similar threads to get the info. I've never looked at the names of people I hit. I'm not a high ranked player nor I do a lot of points in PvP, but sometimes I get 2-3 "easy" target that can make me hit the 800 mark and I usually just hit them without thinking twice.

today on Iron man PvP I've seen a couple of 1*-2* teams in the 800+ and I was like O.o "can i get 1k for the first time?" I was unshielded when I noded those teams, If I wait I'm being hit by 200+ points If I don't it seems I get blacklisted and I won't be able to get 1k again? (BTW now, that I know this unwritten rules I've waited, got hit and climbed again again).

Well, sorry if I double tapped or triple anyone on this Iron Man event, it's been my first event trying to get to 1k without shields until the end. I've been yoyoing from 300 to 800 the last couple of days, so I've done a ton of matches and maybe I've been hitting some teams 3,4,5,6 whatever amount of times....

You say this play style is ruining it for a lot of players, but the whole reason, many people are able to get large amount of points and get those 1300 commandpoints.png points and 1000 point star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rewards is specifically because of that play style.
    Also, we don't blacklist people, there are very few players who are kill on sight all the time. Those players who are, have gone out of their way to get noticed. We just protect out teammates the only way we can, within the rules of the game.
    There is a matchmaking system, that allows players only within a certain range of points to see other players. You have to pass a threshold of points, based on some algorithm made by the developers to see certain players. If we hit you, and you lose points, then you might not be able to climb up and see our high point scorers for a while. Now the development team won't tell us the specifics of the matchmaking algorithm, but it is just another unwritten rule we have to accept.
    We also know some people when they are hit, will shield up shieldgrey.png to protect their points after they have sniped one or more of our friends. If they are not hit, they will keep hitting our friends.
    You made a choice to not shield. shieldgrey.png You chose to not spend any heropointsbig.png but you are hitting people, who are spending a lot of heropointsbig.png to earn points. They spend that money just so they can help other players and teammates. Many of us show that appreciation, by protecting them as well. Please keep that in mind.

as far as i can tell, most of the big rosters in certain slices that will remain unamed in certain alliances do nothing but turd float while smaller rosters climb to # and hop, and then they will hit them and # at high, high points close to the end of the event. glad that they're being "protected" but lets not pretend it's altruism at play.