Double-tap apologies

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what would be interesting?

Everyone in your bracket is visible to you, at all roster levels and all point levels.

They are visible to you -once-. You skip, you never see them again. You hit, you never see them again.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I try to not double-tap when possible.

That said, now that I'm in 5* land it is just impossible to find people. I spent 5,000 ISO last night to try to find a third non-Rhulk/OML team....to no avail. [A bunch of those teams had champed SS or Phoenix but were running Rhulk instead....nope, OML isn't a problem at all, nope....]

I really wish they'd open up MMR much, much wider - this would really help the double-tap problem.

Hahahaahahahahahaha! You double, triple, and quadruple all the time Cake eater!
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    If you are double or triple tapped by me, it is very likely it was because you hit a friend/alliance mate. There are certain members of our alliance that play the "enforcer role" from time to time. We get revenge for hitting our climbers.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Well, I think most of you summed up what I was trying to say; if it weren't for this game's horrendous MMR no one would really be forced to double tap. Yes, I understand that when you're climbing, the opponent worth the most points will be hit. But repeatedly having to hit the same opponent over and over because the tinykitty targeting mechanism in the game is tinykitty...well, I don't like participating in that behavior. I have, do, and will though...because that's the broken tinykitty game the devs continue to toll out to us.

In short, devs, please fix your targeting mechanism, as I think there's a lot of us out here that'd prefer to participate in better gamesmanship.

Nope...don't blame MMR...don't blame the targeting mechnism.

The problem lies with PvP time slices. Having the entire player base divided into time slices dilutes who you can queue. That's why there are dry slices and active slices. Huge difference between the pure number of players per slice. Or, enables alliances the ability to enforce a slice easier since a specific player can be queued.

PvP time slices do give a percentage of players flexabilty to late climb or jump placement tiers at a time that is most comvient for them. However, I would guess a similar percentage of players just play S4 since it's easier to hit progression and shield out well before event end time. I just feel the changes to the PvP meta that time slices created are more negative compared to the benefits of multiple end times.

How often do you queue the same player in Shield Simulator? How often do you run out of viable targets in Shield Simulator? The entire player base in your MMR is available for you to queue.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I always play nice with my friends and rarely hit them without permission. Outside my battlechat, it's a free for all. People hit me like crazy so I hit people like crazy. That is, until about the last 12 hours when everyone is likely shield-hopping. Unless the person is a real dumb dumb and I don't like them and/or for whatever reason they're a "target", I try not to double-tap or eat brownies/cakes hot. So basically I do hold to some courtesies but I don't go out of my way. I can play nice, I can play mean. The circumstances are always a little different and I just do what feels right. I imagine there's probably a handful of people out there who hate me.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    zonatahunt wrote:
    So, in complete and total honesty, I'm very sorry to anyone out there I've double-tapped in the past, and to those I'll do in the future.
    I make no apologies. If I'm trying to climb to # and you're worth the most points and not a friendly then you're getting hit. Nothing personal, not targeting you or anything, I'm just trying to get as many points as possible as quickly as possible.

Both of these statements ring true for me.

On one hand, I try to consciously avoid hitting someone more than once. On the other hand I will not sacrifice efficient use of my time and resources to play nice.

So as Jamie said, I'll hit the same person several times without deliberately targeting simply because the game dictates that I do. When I'm given multiple viable options then I'll make it a point to spread the hits out.

The only exception to this is cc's. I'll always give it a good 5 minutes before hitting regardless of if they are friendly or not.

On topic I'd love to see the MMR system become more lenient. Even it means cheating the system and letting us queue people who recently shielded in the last 30 minutes just to ensure a wider range of options at all times.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    If you are double or triple tapped by me, it is very likely it was because you hit a friend/alliance mate. There are certain members of our alliance that play the "enforcer role" from time to time. We get revenge for hitting our climbers.
    Why not save the revenge for people who actually do something dickish, rather than people who are just playing the game?
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    This thread will not end well.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I got triple tapped or maybe even quadriple taped by the same player within like 15 mins. It was ridiculous. I think some people just don't care. This guy had like 350 lvl oml or something so i can't even retaliate. Went from 800 to 359 in less than 8 hours.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Whenever I play call of duty I never kill the same person more than once, and I expect everyone else I play with to follow my rules.

(That was Sarcasm)

This player vs player, not a tea party. If there's someone else worth similar points that I can tap then great, if not I'll hit you again and again until there's a better option.

Get a better roster or shield.
  • whitecat31
    simonsez wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Why not save the revenge for people who actually do something dickish, rather than people who are just playing the game?

I see your point, but as far as many of us our concerned, hitting our point generators is "kittyish", and we will protect them.
    For us, it is part of playing the game, in which you have alliances and groups of people who communicate well with each other.
    Example, Player A sees a CC team of Player B, and hits Player B immediately, instead of waiting for Player B to shield. Player A gains 75 points for his "kittyish" move.
    Player B, shields and post screen shots of Player A, hitting him, in a chat room.
    "Enforcers" Player C, Player D, and Player E, target and hit Player A, for hitting a CC team. Player A has lost 300+ points.

Another example. Player A sees player B with high points who is climbing and preparing to do a CC. Player A hits Player B, and ruins the CC node that Player B had. Player B posts the screen shot and tells a bunch of disappointed people that he can't CC, because Player A ruined Player B's CC node.
    Again Player C, Player D, and Player E, target Player A, for hitting the climbing Player B, again Player A has a net loss of 300+ points.

Later Player A sees player B, and doesn't hit him immediately, because he knows what might happen, if he does, and hits the node 15 minutes later without any consequences.
    Even later Player A, joins the chat groups, and learns about how these people who communicate well, working as a team, are able to generate points for a bunch of other like minded players.
    Even much, later he is invited to join one of these well communicating alliances, and finds himself getting higher points and much higher rewards.
    Oh and on that note, the Xmen have a few openings in our lower level alliances.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This must be a different use of the word "climbing" than I'm used to. If you're baking CCs, you're not climbing anymore, you done climbed.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    whitecat31 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:

I see your point, but as far as many of us our concerned, hitting our point generators is "kittyish", and we will protect them.
    For us, it is part of playing the game, in which you have alliances and groups of people who communicate well with each other.
    Example, Player A sees a CC team of Player B, and hits Player B immediately, instead of waiting for Player B to shield. Player A gains 75 points for his "kittyish" move.
    Player B, shields and post screen shots of Player A, hitting him, in a chat room.
    "Enforcers" Player C, Player D, and Player E, target and hit Player A, for hitting a CC team. Player A has lost 300+ points.

Another example. Player A sees player B with high points who is climbing and preparing to do a CC. Player A hits Player B, and ruins the CC node that Player B had. Player B posts the screen shot and tells a bunch of disappointed people that he can't CC, because Player A ruined Player B's CC node.
    Again Player C, Player D, and Player E, target Player A, for hitting the climbing Player B, again Player A has a net loss of 300+ points.

Later Player A sees player B, and doesn't hit him immediately, because he knows what might happen, if he does, and hits the node 15 minutes later without any consequences.
    Even later Player A, joins the chat groups, and learns about how these people who communicate well, working as a team, are able to generate points for a bunch of other like minded players.
    Even much, later he is invited to join one of these well communicating alliances, and finds himself getting higher points and much higher rewards.

and for the rest of us who are not playing this version of the game and are merely trying to complete the matches that MMR has given us in the limited time that we have to play? i mean for real - this revenge scenario is pretty **** up to all the players who just treat this game like the smartphone game it is.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Don't wanna get hit? Stay shielded or shield up.

Unshielded and get hit? Don't complain, it's part of the game.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    If I double or triple anyone in any of the X alliances, it's only because I couldn't find them again for the quad tap. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:

That's a nice theory... assuming your player A correlates being hit by a bunch of people with his action of hitting a cc and not assume "this game sucks! Once i hit 900 points and try to get to 1000 i always lose 300 points in the next 5 mins!"

There are a lot of feral players out there doing their thing with no idea about this mysterious SSOLU thing or unstated rules of pvp etiquette.

I hate being hit as much as the next person. Personally, I try to avoid double-tapping and hold all teams as long as I can before hitting once I have climbed up to a level where anyone I target is likely to be shield-hopping (or shield-picnicking? I don't know with how long some people seem to stay out while I try to skip them after one tap earlier).

Between acquiring a new target and hitting it I typically have played 2 matches, stopped to open tokens and show off/whine about my pulls, or sell or apply covers to champs; but I can afford to do that because I have my nice fat 5*s and don't get hit much. I'm not going to try to spoil someone's day just because they're not playing by my rules. One little bump between ships passing in the night is fine by me.

If someone doubletaps me though, I am probably less likely to wait the next time I see them. That's just the cycle of pvp.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    That example is a potential example of what I meant when I said save it for people who deserve it. But then again, maybe he didn't. I have to confess that I've hit someone's A team, and then through later skips, realized he was baking when I hit him. From his perspective, it probably look like I jumped his cake, but that's not what happened.
  • Shemhazi
    Shemhazi Posts: 28
    What are SSOLU and cup-caking?
  • whitecat31
    This must be a different use of the word "climbing" than I'm used to. If you're baking CCs, you're not climbing anymore, you done climbed.

There are many players who know how to bake and climb. Like I indicated before, some of us communicate very well in an altruistic effort.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Whenever I play call of duty I never kill the same person more than once, and I expect everyone else I play with to follow my rules.

(That was Sarcasm)

This player vs player, not a tea party. If there's someone else worth similar points that I can tap then great, if not I'll hit you again and again until there's a better option.

Get a better roster or shield.
    It is player vs player. But it's not like the stanley cup playoffs where we should play against the same person 7 times in a row. I don't blame the person for doing this. I know who the blame lies. It is with the game developers because they have developed such a tinykitty system that is clearly broken and they refuse to fix it. When I was at 800, there were only 5 people who I kept cycling through. I myself had to double tap someone to reach 800 but I refused to triple tap someone. It's almost like the game is forcing you to be a jerk by cycling the same 5 people over and over again even if you have beat them already. Really can you not have more than 5 people that you can cycle through, out of the hundreds of thousands of players playing the game.

I even got a cupcake team lined up and decided to wait the 1-2 minutes and that was a mistake because in that time, I was attacked by 3 others and one was the quadriple tapper which wiped the cupcake team from my queue.