Double-tap apologies

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    There are many players who know how to bake and climb. Like I indicated before, some of us communicate very well in an altruistic effort.
    So how do you tell who hit your teammates' cupcakes and who hit their A-team?
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    whitecat31 wrote:
    There are many players who know how to bake and climb. Like I indicated before, some of us communicate very well in an altruistic effort.
    So how do you tell who hit your teammates' cupcakes and who hit their A-team?

Usually, they volunteer the information. They may notice their points drop, and then when the retal finally shows up, they can communicate it. That is assuming they feel a desire to do so. In any case, we try to protect our teammates who are out there, spending the money to climb and giving us high end targets later.
  • whitecat31
    chamber44 wrote:
    and for the rest of us who are not playing this version of the game and are merely trying to complete the matches that MMR has given us in the limited time that we have to play? i mean for real - this revenge scenario is pretty tinykitty up to all the players who just treat this game like the smartphone game it is.

We all have different play styles, I am not going to argue that point.
    Some of us do invest a lot of time into this game, and do see many of the people we play on line with as good friends or family members. So we will demonstrate protection or loyalty to them.

If you were walking somewhere with your family/friends, and somebody came over and just punched one of your family members/friends, what would your reaction be?
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I try not to, but in all honesty, I've forgotten your name a match or two later.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    whitecat31 wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    and for the rest of us who are not playing this version of the game and are merely trying to complete the matches that MMR has given us in the limited time that we have to play? i mean for real - this revenge scenario is pretty tinykitty up to all the players who just treat this game like the smartphone game it is.

We all have different play styles, I am not going to argue that point.
    Some of us do invest a lot of time into this game, and do see many of the people we play on line with as good friends or family members. So we will demonstrate protection or loyalty to them.

If you were walking somewhere with your family/friends, and somebody came over and just punched one of your family members/friends, what would your reaction be?
    That's got to be the worst analogy ever. Did your friends/family enter into an agreement that they and everyone else in the room would be punching each other? Are they easily able to communicate with the person that hit them, and maybe ask why? Do your friends/family carry a list of known associates with their corresponding marital arts proficiency that they can give to would-be attackers to peruse before deciding whether or not to punch them? There are a dozen other things wrong with your analogy but I think you get the point.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't post my typical solution to this....remove all names from players, ensure players can't hit their own alliances.

Won't be able to double-tap and be certain you hit the same person.
    Won't be angry about being double-tapped by the same person.
    Won't be able to be able to hunt specific people.
    Won't be able to be hunted by specific people.

You'll only hit people worth enough points vs the risk to your team.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I didn't post my typical solution to this....remove all names from players, ensure players can't hit their own alliances.

That would be very bad for the cooperative players... you know, the ones who start shieldhopping off each other early to generate points for the slice and give us nice big targets to hit?

Edit: the upside of that would be reduced point inflation - I know I got the best placements during the brief period after retreat-boosting was nerfed and before they buffed point gains to max 75. Tinykitty it was painful climbing to 1k though and I'd rather have the progression rewards.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    If you are double or triple tapped by me, it is very likely it was because you hit a friend/alliance mate. There are certain members of our alliance that play the "enforcer role" from time to time. We get revenge for hitting our climbers.
    Why not save the revenge for people who actually do something dickish, rather than people who are just playing the game?

I see your point, but as far as many of us our concerned, hitting our point generators is "kittyish", and we will protect them.
    For us, it is part of playing the game, in which you have alliances and groups of people who communicate well with each other.
    Example, Player A sees a CC team of Player B, and hits Player B immediately, instead of waiting for Player B to shield. Player A gains 75 points for his "kittyish" move.
    Player B, shields and post screen shots of Player A, hitting him, in a chat room.
    "Enforcers" Player C, Player D, and Player E, target and hit Player A, for hitting a CC team. Player A has lost 300+ points.

Another example. Player A sees player B with high points who is climbing and preparing to do a CC. Player A hits Player B, and ruins the CC node that Player B had. Player B posts the screen shot and tells a bunch of disappointed people that he can't CC, because Player A ruined Player B's CC node.
    Again Player C, Player D, and Player E, target Player A, for hitting the climbing Player B, again Player A has a net loss of 300+ points.

Later Player A sees player B, and doesn't hit him immediately, because he knows what might happen, if he does, and hits the node 15 minutes later without any consequences.
    Even later Player A, joins the chat groups, and learns about how these people who communicate well, working as a team, are able to generate points for a bunch of other like minded players.
    Even much, later he is invited to join one of these well communicating alliances, and finds himself getting higher points and much higher rewards.
    Oh and on that note, the Xmen have a few openings in our lower level alliances.

That is complete and utter bull ****. How does Player A know that they have broken the rules of your sacred covenant? Is Player A even aware of the unwritten rules of player versus player? Would you like it if Player A got a load of their cronies to gang up on you for refusing to conform to their rules of which you had no knowledge?

The only rules of the game are those that the developer has put into place, which is usually you have to use a certain character, if you want to play your own fictitious rules among your alliance and friends that's fine, but don't expect others to do the same and certainly don't bully others when they don't comply.

If a player is unshielded they are fair game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

That would be very bad for the cooperative players... you know, the ones who start shieldhopping off each other early to generate points for the slice and give us nice big targets to hit?

Edit: the upside of that would be reduced point inflation - I know I got the best placements during the brief period after retreat-boosting was nerfed and before they buffed point gains to max 75. Tinykitty it was painful climbing to 1k though and I'd rather have the progression rewards.
    I doubt it would stop the coordinators much since it would only stop you from targeting 19 other players. The large Alliance families would be untouched since they can still hit members of sister Alliances.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I doubt it would stop the coordinators much since it would only stop you from targeting 19 other players. The large Alliance families would be untouched since they can still hit members of sister Alliances.

Without identifiers, it makes shield-hopping a lot harder unless everyone goes with a unique team...
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    I thought this thread was double-tap strategies. I'm leaving disappointed.

I don't double tap, unless the person stays out for a ridiculously long time that the person comes back into my queue after fighting through my other targets. Having said that, I've found out a couple of times through line and always after the fact - that I've been "enforced". Yeah, all that means is that I am forced to stay out longer and hit whoever it their enforcers are supposed to be enforcing for. So it's really counterproductive - especially against a player like myself who only plays 2-3 shields and only for whatever score I can get past 1300.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    "Double Tap". I'm sorry, were you looking to climb? I should sit back here and just not punch you for 75 points 5 times over because you're a **** cupcake factory.
    Maybe if I'm lucky, when you walk by with your shiny new cover you'll let me smell it. That's just as good as having it.

Sorry but if I wanted to put myself through the seven arts of bushido I'd play PvE. PvP is about winning. I don't care if you feel like the attitude isn't "nice" or if it's "mean spirited". If I see a Luke Cage and Iron Fist worth more than 40 points you'd better bet I'm going to come plowing in with my Ant Man until that team isn't worth my time anymore. I'm nice enough to not shield and let the buzzards pick my bones when I'm asleep or at work, but when I rise back up it's go time.

Plain and simple. Your characters aren't owned by a player to me, they're an amalgamation of points that I need to keep climbing. Don't worry about "those other teams to hit", I'll hit them too. I'll punch all of the things.

Say what you want about codes of ethics and all of that jazz, when it comes down to it if the person wants to get his points back I'm right here waiting. We'll see who can keep going the longest. icon_mad.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Do I double tap?
    No idea.

Am I getting double tapped?
    No idea.

I don't care.

But it's nice to know that in this, uhm, mobile game (it's a mobile game, right?) I will meet full alliances of people who are super obsessed with abusing current PvP system and they will do whatever it takes to ruin my day if by accident I hit "the wrong target".

Seriously, get a life.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Alsmir wrote:
    Do I double tap?
    No idea.

Am I getting double tapped?
    No idea.

I don't care.

But it's nice to know that in this, uhm, mobile game (it's a mobile game, right?) I will meet full alliances of people who are super obsessed with abusing current PvP system and they will do whatever it takes to ruin my day if by accident I hit "the wrong target".

Seriously, get a life.
    I'm going to quote myself here in agreement:
    chamber44 wrote:

I just have this picture in my head of someone opening up his MPQ game, seeing that he's been attacked, and thinking to himself "how DARE someone attack the mighty (your name here)."

Then he gets on his Line chat, scream-types "My Brethren! My honor and my team is under attack! To arms! To arms!"

And suddenly i'm down 200 points.

/scene
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hits happen. Get over it. Unless someone is targeting you specifically, then it's just part of the game. Does it suck sometimes? Sure, but it's part of the game.
    Shemhazi wrote:
    What are SSOLU
    You don't have the required clearance for that information.
    Shemhazi wrote:
    and cup-caking?
    So cupcaking is beating a weak team using a weak team (like 1* or 2* + loaner) to provide others with a high point value and easily beatable target. It basically speeds up your shield hops to mitigate points loss due to snipers and or random hits.
    Quebbster wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Without identifiers, it makes shield-hopping a lot harder unless everyone goes with a unique team...
    Removing names won't stop cupcaking. Coordinating players will still easily be able to find specific cupcakes based on point value and team used. It's not like there are generally an abundance of high point value 2* or 1* teams out at any given moment.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Blahahah wrote:
    "Double Tap". I'm sorry, were you looking to climb? I should sit back here and just not punch you for 75 points 5 times over because you're a tinykitty cupcake factory.
    Maybe if I'm lucky, when you walk by with your shiny new cover you'll let me smell it. That's just as good as having it.

Sorry but if I wanted to put myself through the seven arts of bushido I'd play PvE. PvP is about winning. I don't care if you feel like the attitude isn't "nice" or if it's "mean spirited". If I see a Luke Cage and Iron Fist worth more than 40 points you'd better bet I'm going to come plowing in with my Ant Man until that team isn't worth my time anymore. I'm nice enough to not shield and let the buzzards pick my bones when I'm asleep or at work, but when I rise back up it's go time.

Plain and simple. Your characters aren't owned by a player to me, they're an amalgamation of points that I need to keep climbing. Don't worry about "those other teams to hit", I'll hit them too. I'll punch all of the things.

Say what you want about codes of ethics and all of that jazz, when it comes down to it if the person wants to get his points back I'm right here waiting. We'll see who can keep going the longest. icon_mad.gif
    3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd836295a829a62c17c45770fd64.jpg

You are adorable. Unfortunately the biggest detriment to you not earning those shiny new covers is your over-aggressive playstyle. Every time you hit a cupcake early you reduce the points you get from it - substantially. Your brownie of an A-team isn't fast enough to double cakes, and you are wasting points trying to do so. When you queue up a cake the game loads several other teams on that node - often the same cake team is loaded again. So when you hit the same team twice in a row it's because you loaded it twice from the start, not because you hit it so fast that you were able to reload it after the first battle. So if you would actually relax for a couple minutes and wait and hit it, it will be worth quite a bit more.......both hits. You see, the etiquette doesn't come from people being pansies, and the desire to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. It comes from being the most effective way to maximize points.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Are we in a mosh pit?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    This whole thread reminds me why getting the 4* Cover from SHEILD Sim is my favorite part of PVP.... because then I don't have to play PVP again for the rest of the season.

On that note, I got the blackflag.pngicon_moonknight.png this morning, so everyone feel free to double/triple/quad tap me in there, I won't care.
  • whitecat31
    Linkster79 wrote:

That is complete and utter bull ****. How does Player A know that they have broken the rules of your sacred covenant? Is Player A even aware of the unwritten rules of player versus player? Would you like it if Player A got a load of their cronies to gang up on you for refusing to conform to their rules of which you had no knowledge?

The only rules of the game are those that the developer has put into place, which is usually you have to use a certain character, if you want to play your own fictitious rules among your alliance and friends that's fine, but don't expect others to do the same and certainly don't bully others when they don't comply.

I can't help it, if they don't know the "sacred covenant". For us, it is cooperation and teamwork. Our play style helps our teammates win and place in PVP's and our alliances get better awards. It is the advantage of having friends and teammates who have our backs as well as quality communication. We are not going to change the way we play. If the developers did not want us to act like teammates, they would not have created alliances. You can call us names, but it won't change the facts or the results.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

I can't help it, if they don't know the "sacred covenant". For us, it is cooperation and teamwork. Our play style helps our teammates win and place in PVP's and our alliances get better awards. It is the advantage of having friends and teammates who have our backs as well as quality communication. We are not going to change the way we play. If the developers did not want us to act like teammates, they would not have created alliances. You can call us names, but it won't change the facts or the results.

The problem with that play style is that you are ruining the game for a lot of players. I didn't know that this hole CC, baking and other things existed until I read this post and searched on the forums other similar threads to get the info. I've never looked at the names of people I hit. I'm not a high ranked player nor I do a lot of points in PvP, but sometimes I get 2-3 "easy" target that can make me hit the 800 mark and I usually just hit them without thinking twice.

today on Iron man PvP I've seen a couple of 1*-2* teams in the 800+ and I was like O.o "can i get 1k for the first time?" I was unshielded when I noded those teams, If I wait I'm being hit by 200+ points If I don't it seems I get blacklisted and I won't be able to get 1k again? (BTW now, that I know this unwritten rules I've waited, got hit and climbed again again).

Well, sorry if I double tapped or triple anyone on this Iron Man event, it's been my first event trying to get to 1k without shields until the end. I've been yoyoing from 300 to 800 the last couple of days, so I've done a ton of matches and maybe I've been hitting some teams 3,4,5,6 whatever amount of times....