***** The Hulk (Bruce Banner) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
The Hulk (Bruce Banner) icon_hulk.png
5 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 41537 Tile Damage: 67/62/577/449/73/513/4.0x
    Gamma Ray Experiment - 0 bluetile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Dr. Banner tinkers with deadly gamma radiation, focusing its power to achieve maximum potential. At the start of your turn, if there are fewer than 7 Green tiles on the board, deal 272 damage and transform 1 random basic tile to Green.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 272 damage and transform 1 random basic or enemy Attack tile to a Green basic tile. Level 3: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 272 damage and transform 1 random basic, enemy Attack, or enemy Protect tile to a Green basic tile. Level 4: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 272 damage and transform 2 random basic or enemy Attack or enemy Protect tiles to Green basic tiles. Level 5: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 272 damage and transform 2 random basic or enemy Attack/Protect/Strike tiles to green basic tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 1093 damage and transform 1 random basic or enemy Attack tile to a Green basic tile. Level 4: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 1093 damage and transform 2 random basic or enemy enemy Attack, or enemy Protect tile to a Green basic tile Level 5: If fewer than 7 Green tiles on board, deals 1093 damage and transform 2 random basic or enemy Attack/Protect/Strike tiles to green basic tiles.

Smartest Guy in the Room - 7 blacktile.png AP
    When Bruce walks into a room, he immediately takes charge, earning the ire of his peers and fracturing team unity. Creates 3 strength 190 Attack tiles, and an additional strength 190 enemy Attack tile for each non-downed ally.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Attack strength to 217, enemy Attack strength to 190. Level 3: 3 Attack tiles up to 245 strength, enemy Attack strength up to 190. Level 4: Attack strength to 272, enemy Attack strength to 190. Level 5: 3 Attack tiles up to 326 strength, enemy Attack strength up to 190.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Attack strength to 987, enemy Attack strength to 765. Level 4: Attack strength to 1094, enemy Attack strength to 765. Level 5: 3 Attack tiles up to 1311 strength, enemy Attack strength up to 765.

The Other Guy - 0 purpletile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Banner strains to control his inner nature. At the start of your turn, if you have 10 or more Green AP and you don’t have one already, create a 2-turn Transform Countdown tile. When it goes off, Banner transforms into Hulk form. (Hulk replaces Banner until downed and makes matches for his team at turn start.)
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Banners transformation begins at 9 Green AP or more. Level 3: Banner’s transformation begins at 8 Green AP or more. Level 4: Banner’s transformation begins at 7 Green AP or more. Level 5: Banner’s transformation begins at 6 Green AP or more.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Banner’s transformation begins at 8 Green AP or more. Level 4: Banner’s transformation begins at 7 Green AP or more. Level 5: Banner’s transformation begins at 6 Green AP or more.

After Transformation to The Hulk the above powers disappear and the following two appear:
      Smash - 9 greentile.png AP
      The Hulk is ANGRY! SMASH! Hulk deals 2093 damage to the enemy team.
      Level 450: Deals 8411 damage to the enemy team.

GRAAAGH - 0 redtile.png AP
        (PASSIVE) The Hulk goes berserk, wreaking havoc on your foes. At the start of each turn, Hulk makes a match for you, dealing damage but receiving no AP. This clears lines and creates Critical tiles as normal (but no extra turns).
        When the Hulk is downed he returns to Banner form.
        Level 450: No change.

Notes:
          The Hulk does a match for the player then the player gets to match afterwards, it's basically a free match that causes damage. Other questions I will answer when I get confirmation on what I'm seeing.

Updated with the new revisions to The Hulk

Comments

• BlackSheep101
          BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
          Sure, drop a bomb at 5:00 when I have to leave!
        • slidecage
          slidecage Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
          Cthulhu wrote:
          Pre-release ability précis:
            Deal Damage - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If less then 7 of certain color tile is on the board, deal damage and transform 1 random basic tile to same color.

Special Tile - 7 AP - Create 3 special tiles and an additional special tile for each non-downed ally.

Stun/Special Tile - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If collecting a specific color of AP that does not contribute to this heroes powers, create a special tile that will cause massive damage.

how much is MASSIVE DAMAGE

Sounds more like a 5 star then a 4
          • Keegan
            Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
            slidecage wrote:
            Cthulhu wrote:
              Deal Damage - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If less then 7 of certain color tile is on the board, deal damage and transform 1 random basic tile to same color.

Special Tile - 7 AP - Create 3 special tiles and an additional special tile for each non-downed ally.

Stun/Special Tile - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) If collecting a specific color of AP that does not contribute to this heroes powers, create a special tile that will cause massive damage.

Hence the five stars around Unknown icon_e_smile.gif
            • irwando
              irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
              With the focus on colors I'm hoping its Thanos? Infinity Gauntlet Flavor? Or is that too much to ask...
            • BigBZ32
              BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
              I felt we were going to get a 5* and with the patch hint I thought it was going to be a World War Hulk. But this doesn't scream Hulk to me. Hmm.
            • veny
              veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
              5* Prof. X came to my mind as the first option... thanks to two passives... or Apocalypse.
            • Lboogie
              Lboogie Posts: 55
              Anyone else notice so much going on with "Banner" fixes...massive damage from a "Banner" perhaps
            • Jellybat
              Jellybat Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
              Sounds like Banner powers that may lead into unannounced Hulk powers when he transforms. Banner would make sense with 2 passives....
            • TLCstormz
              TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
              lol. How / why on earth could / would this be a Hulk character?
            • Mitchjewitz
              Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
              Because the hint is gamma gamma hey.
            • whitecat31
              whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
              A hint they gave before was gamma gamma hey, which was the tittle of the letters forum in some She Hulk comics.
              My guess is a four star She hulk. This is because she is intelligent and can count things and "lawyer" things up.
            • udonomefoo
              udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
              whitecat31 wrote:
              My guess is a four star She hulk. This is because she is intelligent and can count things and "lawyer" things up.

Whether it's a she or a he is up for guesses, but it's definitely a five star.
            • wymtime
              wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
              It has to be 5* Cho!!! His blue will work the way 4* Cho's black is suppose to work!! Cho has to be the devs favorite Hulk and rather than rebalance him they will just make him a 5*!!!
            • Mawtful
              Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
              Jellybat wrote:
              Sounds like Banner powers that may lead into unannounced Hulk powers when he transforms. Banner would make sense with 2 passives....

Banner would make sense with 2 passives, we've seen a bunch of other super smart characters rocking the black and blue together (Cho, Mr F, Panther).

Nothing in those descriptions suggests transformation, although the precis is always a little ambiguous. That purple passive is listed as "Stun/Special Tile", but the description only gives a reference to a special tile. I think if this character transforms, it's likely going to be tied to that passive - especially if it does massive damage, a one-way transformation means you can't just use that ability to win each match.

If it is Banner/Hulk, then the obvious choice for specific colour AP is Green, to represent gamma radiation. I think that the passive won't trigger on every match, but only after the Green AP pool reaches a certain threshold. This way, the Blue passive deals damage and creates green tiles, but you need to match green tiles away in order to keep that passive going, but if you gather up enough Green, then the purple passive will start the countdown on transformation.
            • Raisse
              Raisse Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
              Obviously this will be pre-adamantine Wolverine, since there's "only" one Wolverine in the 5* tier.

Fear the bone claws.
            • carrion_pigeons
              carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
              Maestro?

Best guess I got.
            • Ram51
              Ram51 Posts: 117
              Karnak?

That's the longest of long shots lol.
            • DarqFeonix
              DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
              I'm liking the Banner thoughts, although I'm not reading his books at the moment so not sure if he just being human would translate well to a 5*

Color scheme wise I was thinking they would pair well with the Gods... And we've already seen Mephisto in the game as an NPC, so I'm going with the Devil. Fits as a 5* much better than puny Banner

...Oh, and the "Gamma Gamma Hey" is Magma Magma Hay. Magma for hellfire, and hay... Because... Uhhh... His hair looks like hay?
            • We_are_Venom
              We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
              Aren't all black/blue/purple characters villains? Only 1 villain 5*, so I'm guessing b Maestro.
            • slidecage
              slidecage Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
              Keegan wrote:
              slidecage wrote:
              Cthulhu wrote:

Hence the five stars around Unknown icon_e_smile.gif

never noticed it