MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2016 Edition *Updated (07/29/16)

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season XXIX start boosts:
    4* - Elektra, Hulk (Totally Awesome), Miles Morales, War Machine
    3* - Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Human Torch, Loki, Squirrel Girl
    Season XXX start boosts
    4* - Drax, Moon Knight, Professor X, Sam Wilson (Capt. America)
    3* - Quicksilver, Ragnarok, Rocket & Groot, Storm, Wolverine

It's not just 4* transitioners - they did the same thing as last season, made it really hard for anyone without 5*'s to get anywhere. WOW these season start boosts have been brutal for two seasons in a row.

Drax is new-ish, and not great. Moon Knight is even newer, not many covers out there. Many cap their PX for winfinite. FalCap is a pretty bottom-barrel character as well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Preview shows Balance of Power awarding Blade covers, not Spider-Man as expected. Interesting.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    and season starts with spidey. looks like rulk or xpool with oml for me for that one, depending on opponent
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So the season starts with Webslinger but Balance of Power rewards Blade. Am I wrong or does that not seem right?
  • GameDemonKing
    Options
    Please update the PVP on Thursday because blade should be the versus not Spider-Man unless there's a typo
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(07/27/16) Hi-Fi - Changed Spider-Man Versus event to Blade.

*Fixed upcoming Versus events. Sorry, for the confusion. Need to invoke the disclaimer on this one. Internal calendar had Spider-Man listed when I originally updated the topic.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From a protect tile snoozefest to a HP chugging strike tile massacre.
    Not sure if that's an improvement.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    From a protect tile snoozefest to a HP chugging strike tile massacre.
    Not sure if that's an improvement.
    It means a late start to the season for me...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXX start boosts

It's not just 4* transitioners - they did the same thing as last season, made it really hard for anyone without 5*'s to get anywhere. WOW these season start boosts have been brutal for two seasons in a row.

Drax is new-ish, and not great. Moon Knight is even newer, not many covers out there. Many cap their PX for winfinite. FalCap is a pretty bottom-barrel character as well.

Even not capped, PX is really not a top tier character. I'll take a maxxed boosted PX with an unboosted maxxed Jeanbuster any day. At least last season had Miles (who is pretty good when boosted, IMHO.) Maybe Moon Knight is upper middle tier? I'm not sure. Noone has him, of course...
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Season XXX start boosts

Even not capped, PX is really not a top tier character. I'll take a maxxed boosted PX with an unboosted maxxed Jeanbuster any day. At least last season had Miles (who is pretty good when boosted, IMHO.) Maybe Moon Knight is upper middle tier? I'm not sure. Noone has him, of course...

Speaking as someone with a champed Moon Knight, he's insane. In his buff week, his green should be doing close to 25k damage, and his passive on purple should be dealing 2k with every match.

In BoP, his green does 102k and passive on purple adds 10k damage per purple match. Chase him while you can.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The R106 nodes claim 'Story mode with the Hulk!', yet the next PvE is the Hunt?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(07/28/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events & Deadpool's Dailies.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:

So technically speaking your hunting "hulk" and I can assure you will see plenty of hulks in the event.

Also there will be a node in the next to last sub that gives out a hulk. and you play as the hulk in last sub
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    Akari wrote:

So technically speaking your hunting "hulk" and I can assure you will see plenty of hulks in the event.

Also there will be a node in the next to last sub that gives out a hulk. and you play as the hulk in last sub

So its not really a hunt for Hulk then. Its a "here's 5000 Hulk's, we'll save you the effort". icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooh, no good 4* buff for me in pvp. Guess I'll try my 9-cover drax? Well, I won't have enough ISO to level him up. Good thing I'm going casual in pvp these days!!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(07/29/16) Hi-Fi - Added Sneak Peek stats links for Black Bolt & Spider-Woman.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Wasp event?!?

I was having fun thinking up possible event names.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    They don't run the new character PvP until after the PvE where the new character is essential. Wasp's PvP should be next weekend, after Blind Justice.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    They don't run the new character PvP until after the PvE where the new character is essential. Wasp's PvP should be next weekend, after Blind Justice.

I hadn't noticed that pattern. So:

1. Introduction event, where 10% of the player base can get a cover, and there's a 0.1% chance of pulling a cover from a token

2. Essential PvE, where there is no cover available as a reward, and there's a 1.4% chance of pulling a cover from a token

3. Character PvP, cover available at 1000 (and maybe at 800?), something like a 5% chance of pulling a cover from a token.

I guess it makes economic sense to maximise revenue by minimising the opportunities to gain a cover until after it's essential. Sucks though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Even not capped, PX is really not a top tier character. I'll take a maxxed boosted PX with an unboosted maxxed Jeanbuster any day.
    I think the real issue is that PX is a strict support character (and FalCap is support with a conditional nuke), and support characters are generally not great in PvP. You might be able to use them to climb a bit faster, but you're gonna get murdered on defense.