MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2016 Edition *Updated (07/29/16)

Options

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has there been any word as to whether the new 5* will get an event release (like Civil War) or just put into tokens?

really hoping for the former
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can almost guarantee it'll be the later. Only 2/7 5* have had a release event, and that was because their ties to a summer blockbuster.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Frustrating to look at the boosted 3*'s and realize that I have all of them fully covered but only 1 championed because I can't keep up with the ISO requirements for leveling my characters.

Edit: I'm a dummy who forgot about the essential characters. My Ragnarok is champed and my Kingpin is 4/4/4 so I'm actually looking forward to fingering this PvE to death. If only I wasn't still missing Scarlet Witch covers.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(07/08/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Story events & Deadpool's Dailies.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TBA after Prodigal Sun?!?

Dare we hope for a new story line featuring the new character? icon_e_smile.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TBA??? I'm hoping this is a reason to get me to play PVE again!!!!

Even though I of course need the ISO, I had stopped playing PVE, just because I was simply going through the motions and not enjoying it.. it's hard to get excited about the same storylines and tiny prizes you had already won years ago.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meet Rocket and Groot is a four day event, so TBA is probably a three event. Unless they decided to go with back to back seven day events. ...
    Incidentally Webbed Wonder fits that slot well too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Meet Rocket and Groot is a four day event, so TBA is probably a three event. Unless they decided to go with back to back seven day events. ...

Meet Grocket can be run as a 3-day, if the second sub is 24 hours instead of 48.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Meet Grocket can be run as a 3-day, if the second sub is 24 hours instead of 48.
    Sure, but I don't see why they'd change a fourday event to a three-day run instead of just running a three-day event...
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Sure, but I don't see why they'd change a fourday event to a three-day run instead of just running a three-day event...

If the TBA event is a 4-day one?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

At one time they said they could do that, but they never have
  • jffdougan
    Options
    I thought I remembered the first runs were three days each.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dare i hope that if there are new goons, they would be less annoying than the Symbiotes and The Hand?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Dare i hope that if there are new goons, they would be less annoying than the Symbiotes and The Hand?
    Nah. They'll just find new villains to feed and more "fun and challenging" combinations like Muscle working with Kishu.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the next 5* is Hulk as some speculation is sitting, could the TBA be a slightly reworked Hulk event? Speculation^2
  • Quebbster
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    If the next 5* is Hulk as some speculation is sitting, could the TBA be a slightly reworked Hulk event? Speculation^2
    I suppose it could, but I don't think they'd run consecutive seven-day events, nor do I see them sortering Hulk to a three-day event.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Given that the essential characters for TBA are likely Nick Fury, Spiderman and Thor, it smells suspiciously of something Avenger related.

Also the Gamma clue is strongly indicative of Hulk-related.

Crossing fingers for a new event to get one 5* cover as a final node reward!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Given that the essential characters for TBA are likely Nick Fury, Spiderman and Thor, it smells suspiciously of something Avenger related.

Also the Gamma clue is strongly indicative of Hulk-related.

Crossing fingers for a new event to get one 5* cover as a final node reward!
    That is my hope as well. Actually I wonder if it will be. Boss battle like event the way they released 5* cap and IM where you win the 5* from alliance progressions with 3 additional 4* available as prizes. It felt like a good way to release 5* into the game.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't cho event 3 day? If so then that would make sense for a 3 day hulk release event...IF the new character was a 4* but he's not.

So the new event is likely to be a new story event unrelated to the character release.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Where was it confirmed the new character is a 5*?

Assuming this is a 5* Banner/Hulk, this could be part of a long term push to become MCU relevant. The 4* tier would get to be the weird tier (if the latest releases are anything to go by...) and a contingent of the characters we're supposed to be working towards long term will be film heroes.